Web Design software has been in the market for more than 30 years from now. Initially, it was designed for text-based pages that used to build with HTML5 with some hyperlinks. Later came Twitter’s bootstrap that started the mobile-first website approach and is still in use by many websites to date.
Nowadays, you can create a website using many different ways and coding languages. Ultimately, it will all come down to your coding knowledge and the website features you need.
For example, if you a website for your small business then website builders like Wix can be your best option to start with. Or if you are starting an eCommerce business then the eCommerce platform can help you get started quickly. Plus, if you are looking for your own web hosting to start a blog.
To make your decision easier I have reviewed and ranked the best web design software to use based upon their support, pricing, mobile responsiveness, themes, and templates, features for newbies, functionalities, overall coding standards, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Web Design Software?
Here is the list of my top web design software to use this year.
Best Website Builder for Small Business (Starts at $9)
Wix is a Saas website builder that allows you to design your website without writing a single piece of code. It offers attractive templates and website design tools for beginners so that they can focus more on marketing stuff rather than the backend work.
Wix provides a simple drag and drops editor that has options like changing video backgrounds, scroll effects, animations, and more. Plus, it is loaded with over 500 plus designer templates to help you decide better which one fits your branding style.
Apart from the templates, they have over 30 built-in media galleries. These galleries can be used to showcase your autoplay videos, text, and images. Additionally, to make things simpler for you, they ask you some business questions so that Wix can set up the design you want to get tailored.
Wix is also powered to support your eCommerce platform. Moreover, it offers a personalized SEO plan based on your location, keywords, and business.
- Wix Corvid – Provides serverless computing with hassle-free coding modules. Additionally, it allows you to manage your web design and code using an integrated database and built-in IDE software. It supports over 100 APIs for your work environment.
- Wix ADI – The Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) builds a highly personalized website that is based upon the content received from the questions it asked. Plus, you can add or edit any elements present along with editing its features.
- Wix Photo Studio – This allows you to add amazing overlay effects like flares, reflections, and shadows.
- Offers free images from Unsplash in its own media library.
- Allows collaboration with multiple designers by assigning various roles to each one.
- Provides professional logo maker to build your brand presence
- Allow you to add animation, video backgrounds, and scroll effects to provide an amazing experience to the customers.
- Provides a feature to add alt text for the background images for SEO optimization.
Wix provides four paid plans:
- Connect Domain – $4.50 per month
- Combo – $8.50 per month
- Unlimited – $12.50 per month
- VIP – $24.50 per month
All these plans come with a 14-day free trial for you to test. Wix does provide a free plan but does not include custom domain and any branding personalization.
Best for Experienced Web Developers and Designers (Starts at $12)
Webflow is an American company headquartered in San Francisco, California that offers an online visualization tool to build, design, and launch websites. The canvas-based tool offers you to design custom and modern designs.
Additionally, you can use their pre-built designs to design complex elements like tabs, background videos, sliders, and more. You can also change the structure of the navigation of your web pages through a navigator to access all pages at once.
Webflow also provides an eCommerce solution and integrates your CMS data to easily create a website with real-time content.
- SEO Optimization – Webflow editor allows you to update open graph settings, meta descriptions, URLs, page titles, etc.
- Multi-step Animation – Enables you to build a rich, timeline-based animation without any code. Moreover, you can customize the layouts of your product and home page.
- Scroll Based Animations – This allows you to add scrolling effects like precise reveal animations, parallax, progress bar, and more. Moreover, you can transform element sizes, positioning, and styling of the complete page the way you want.
- Provides an interactive website having display modals, panels, and more hidden elements.
- Offers 20 prebuilt interactions and animations to add a new feature instantly
- Link animation and movement to the cursor pointer to seek user attention
- Provide WebFlow University to learn about animation courses and study interaction.
- You can invite multiple professionals editors and collaborate with them on the work of the website while keeping the track of activities.
- Controls the playback effect of the ‘After Effects’ and ‘Lottie Animations’ using interaction triggers without writing a single line of code for it.
Webflow offers four paid plans for its web designing suite.
- Basic – $12 per month. For a simple site without an in-built CMS
- CMS – $16 per month. For content-driven websites
- Business – $36 per month. For High Traffic blogs or marketing sites.
- Enterprise – Custom Quote based on requirements.
There are also account plans that are based upon the individual designers.
- Starter – Free with 2 projects
- Lite – $16 per month with 10 projects and staging facility
- Pro – $32 per month with unlimited projects and project transfer facility
3. Adobe Dreamweaver
Best suited for Custom Web Design Jobs ( Starts at $21)
Adobe Dreamweaver is a web design platform that offers a fully-featured programming editor for web HTML. It provides a smart coding engine that simplifies and manages your dynamic websites easily.
Additionally, you can easily import from Adobe Stock or your own libraries. Also provides a preview of the real-time look of the website design before you make it live.
- Supports Git – This allows you to manage your code with the Git support and execute commands directly from the git dashboard.
- Live view Editing – You can edit the text and image properties in the live mode itself instead of switching to the editing mode.
- Offers a 7-day free trial of their product.
- Offers integrations with Ruby, Xerces, LibCurl, OpenSSL, among others
- Provides multi-monitor support for the Windows System
- Allows you to easily insert headings, fonts, hyperlinks, colors, and more through the properties menu.
- Offers faster development by providing preemptive code
- Designs a website that fits all screens and resolutions.
- Catches any error while editing using its edit linting feature.
Adobe Dreamweaver has two pricing plans.
- Adobe Dreamweaver SIngle App – $20.99 per month. Get this as a part of Creative Cloud.
- Creative Cloud All Apps – $52.99 per month. Get an entire collection of Adobe Creative Apps along with Adobe Dreamweaver.
Adobe offers a discount of up to 60 percent on all of their Creative Cloud apps for students and teachers. Plus, you get a 7-day free trial.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Web Design Software?
Web Design is a process of creating a website visualization that offers user-friendliness, attractive features, and efficient flow of content and execution. This process includes several parts like webpage layout, graphic designing, and content.
A capable web design software allows you to perform the above processes very smoothly and efficiently. Plus, it is designed to swap away from the efforts you put on the coding side of the design.
Some Standard features provided by the web design software include plugins, themes, templates, drag and drop editor to make web design faster and error-free. Moreover, they offer development tools for websites like a content delivery network, image hosting, and form builder.
What Features Should You Look For in Web Design Software?
Different web design software will have different feature sets and USPs that can be sometimes overwhelming. However, there are some of the benchmark features you should look at in a web design tool no matter whichever it is.
- Integration with third-party apps – The software should provide extensive integration with third-party apps like videos, fonts, social media, widgets, image libraries, to help you design a website seamlessly in a single place.
- Drag and Drop builder – This should allow you to add various elements like widgets, videos, text, images, and layouts instantly without writing a single line of code.
- Mobile Responsiveness – Whatever you build today has to mobile-friendly for the users. You should look for a tool that provides mobile responsiveness preview feature of whatever you design.
- Responsive Themes – Using a theme can speed up your website design process. All you need to do then is to add images, content, and branding to align it with your business.
- Ecommerce Facility – Many designed websites basically aim to sell a product or service online to their respective audience. If you are one of them then it is essential to check for the eCommerce feature provided by the software or not.
- CDN – CDN or content delivery network is generally provided by many software to speed up the loading of the website on the user browser. Thus, choosing a web design platform having this feature is crucial for sales.
- Mobile Editing – You should be able to make changes on the fly using your own mobile. This will help you to complete urgent tasks with ease whenever or wherever you are.
Best Web Design Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best web design software. I will keep updating the list with more web design tools available in the market.
All these tools will help you build a website in your own unique way. However, you need to understand that not all will meet the exact design requirements you might have for your business. Therefore, it’s recommended that you go through each and every tool before making the final purchase decision.
Which web design software do you use? Let me know in the comments below.