Having the best video editing software will decide whether the produced work is of an amateur level or a Hollywood level project.
The demand for video content is increasing more than ever. Whether you are looking to make money on Youtube, or want to publish live streaming content on Twitch, you need this video editing software.
Moreover, even the OTT video subscription companies like Amazon Prime and Netflix depend on these video editing tools to create amazing content.
Video editing platforms nowadays have the power to convert raw produced footage into a masterpiece using its advanced filtering and synchronization capabilities.
So to make your decision a little easier I have ranked and reviewed the best video editing software based on their video quality, support, pricing, platform compatibility, timeline enhancements, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Video Editing Software?
Here is my list of the best video editing software to use this year.
1. Corel VideoStudio Pro
Corel Video Studio Pro is one of the best video editing software that assists you in storyboard and timeline video editing. The software turns images into a movie and offers transitions, 1500+ filters, title presets, project templates, creative effects, etc.
Additionally, you can fade and layer audio with audio ducking, record voiceover, add subtitles to videos, and more. Plus, it is completely optimized for intel and Nvidia processors and graphic cards.
Furthermore, you are able to remove fisheye distortion with the lens correction feature. You can also use color-correct clips to adjust the temperature of the display.
Another important feature offered by the software is to trim, crop, or split video on the timeline itself. Its other offerings like PaintShop Pro and Corel Painter can also create custom animated overlays, live paintings, and static graphics.
- 360-degree Video Editing – This allows you to position the angle of the video that results in a standard 2D view.
- Multi-Camera capture – This feature allows you to record your screen and webcam simultaneously to create videos.
- Video Masking – VideoStudio’s Mask Creator tool allows you to cover an area of your video. The effects are based on an area selected in an overlaid video or photo.
- Stop Motion Editing – This feature allows you to create high-quality stop motion movies by controlling DSLR within the software.
- Provides over 1000 effects and filters
- Offers you to perform multi-camera editing
- Provides a built-in stop-motion tool that includes ISO setting, exposure settings, white balance, image quality/size.
- Allows you to add subtitles and record voiceovers
- 360-degree video editing support for greater flexibility and depth of creation.
- The software is optimized to display 4K quality video
- Provides drag and drop feature for video editing along with easy pan and zoom options
- Conversion of 360-degree videos into a Tiny planet or Spherical Panoramas
- Provides split-screen video along with color and lens correction
The VideoStudio Pro normally costs $79.99 but you can get a 20% discount using coupon code VideoStudio Pro. Plus, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on the product.
2. Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Premiere is an industry-standard video editing app that provides you to edit videos without leaving timelines and has well-integrated workflows. One of the cool features of Adobe Premiere is its VR 180 support that optimizes your effects and format.
Additionally, it also publishes your work on Vimeo, Youtube, Twitch, and other platforms using their Google VR180 format. With Lumetri Color tools, your curve adjustments become more precise and accurate. The chroma key options remove backgrounds for green screen videos.
Moreover, it allows you to copy combined audio effects and paste them into another audio clip. This saves your context switching time involved in doing this for each effect separately.
Also, it offers learning tools for beginners that cover aspects like editing audio, working with color, adding titles, preparing clips, importing or creating a movie, etc.
- Immersive Virtual Reality (VR) – Adobe Premiere Pro video editor allows you to edit from all angles. This makes sure that you do not miss any minute details in the video.
- Multiple File Support – This feature allows you to not convert any of your videos while uploading and you later convert them to any required native video format. It also supports Apple’s video format, on AMD, Nvidia, and Intel graphic processors.
- Scene Edit Detection – This functionality analyzes a clip to detect previous edits and split the clip into multiple clips based on those edits.
- Free Stock Video – Provides a massive library of more than 6,400 high-quality clips, including over 5,000 in 4K from Adobe Stock.
- Provides Adobe’s Auto Reframe that automatically change the crop selection for vertical or horizontal formats
- Offers a quick export button to produce projects in a common output format
- Premiere Pro supports Apple’s video format on other operating systems other than macOS
- Supports color management for ARRI ProRes embedded LUTs
- Offers ProRes Raw to LOG color space conversion.
- Supports Rec2100 PQ color
- Advanced captioning workflow allows easy to split, add or format captions
Adobe Premiere Pro costs around $240 per year or $32 per month.
3. Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is the best video editing software for Mac that offers amazing performance and a seamless editing experience. It offers amazing features like unlimited video tracks, chroma-keying, Multicam editing, format export options like 4k and 360 videos, and more.
Additionally, it offers 3D templates that you can add from any angle on the screen. Final Cut Pro offers 100+ video effects, 100+ audio effects, 100+ transitions, and 180+ title animation templates.
- Seamless Video Editing – Final Cut Pro’s Magnetic Timeline makes editing easy and efficient.
- Organization tools – Provides a robust and advanced set of tools that help you manage your libraries, scenes, tagging, ratings, and more.
- Built-in Sound Editing – With Final Cut Pro, there’s no need to switch to a different program to edit audio. It allows you to remove background noise and optimize sound levels using its own tools.
- Fast Rendering – Final Cut Pro takes advantage of multi-core, multi-thread machines to complete rendering at a faster rate.
- Offers amazingly fast performance
- Provides support for multi-camera editing
- Supports HDR and 360-degree footage
- Offers a magnetic and trackless timeline
- Provides support to MacBook Touch Bar and iPad Sidecar
- Offers advanced management tools that include scenes, auto analysis for faces, tagging, ratings, libraries
Apple offers a generous 90-day free trial on its product all you need is an Apple store account. Otherwise, it costs around $299 if you want to use it on multiple mac devices.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Video Editing Software?
Video editing software allows you to edit, modify, or manipulate video files in a timeline format to create movies and short films.
Video editors allow you to add texts, images, filters, colors, edit video frames, background music, speech, and audio clips. Additionally, it allows you to rearrange and mix the video clips in various ways to achieve better flow.
What Features Should You Look For in Video Editing Software?
Your requirements will vary according to which industry you are working in. However, there are a set of necessary features that any powerful video editing software should be capable of providing.
1. Timeline Editors
The software should provide a set of features for timeline execution to smoothen the video editing process. These features include slicing, snapping, alignment, zoom in and out, drag and drop, preset animations, resizing clips, etc.
2. Clip Editing
The software should allow you to trim, snap, resize, or scale any clip within a few clicks. Also, the software should allow you to edit video from different perspectives, locations, or via X and Y-axis.
3. Speed Adjustment
The software should provide a control panel to control video speed. Therefore, make sure that your video editing platform has an option to decrease or increase video playback.
4. Multiple File Format Support
The software should be capable to write and read images, videos, and audio recordings into JPG, MP4, MP3, and more formats. This allows you to operate a cross-operating system without any hassle.
5. Audio Editing
It is amazing to have audio editing features like rendering of waveforms and displaying waveforms in the timeline. Plus, the software must have the ability to split sound from video clips or adjust the audio channels separately.
6. Cross-Platform Compatible
The video editing software must be compatible with different operating systems like macOS, Windows, and Linux. This gives you the freedom to use the video editing tool on any available device.
7. Seamless Video Transition
The video transition feature should allow you to join two video clips smoothly without much hassle. Therefore, always look for a video editing platform that will offer diverse transition effects for unique video editing.
8. Live Preview
The software should allow you to see the real-time preview of your edited video clip work to get a better understanding.
9. Custom Graphics and Titles
Your video editing software should offer various title formatting options like font style, colors, seamless transition between different videos.
10. Color Correction
The software should be capable of adjusting the required skewness and kurtosis automatically in any video clip.
Best Video Editing Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best video editing software. I will keep updating the list with other relevant video editing tools available in the market.
Every tool mentioned above in the video editing software list comes with its own unique functions and capabilities. Therefore, whether you are a beginner, professional, or tech enthusiast the above tools will suffice your needs for any video editing requirements.
Finally, I recommend you to test each and every video editor given in the list before you make the final decision of choosing software.
Which video editing software are you planning to use? let me know in the comment section below.