Pandemic has driven remote working and so with it the demand for the video conferencing software. Nowadays, most of the organization are making crucial decisions working at home using remote tools.
The entire IT team’s productivity now relies on effective communication through the video conferencing software to finish jobs. Not only this but they also have to synchronize with other departments to make sure that IT support through remote desktop software is seamless.
Therefore, it is very crucial to choose a video conferencing tool that offers a robust communication channel as well as data visualization tools to measure performance and work.
So to help you make a better decision I have reviewed and ranked the best video conferencing software based upon their integrations, audio quality, chat functionality, support, pricing, performance, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Video Conferencing Software?
Here is my list of the best video conferencing software to use this year.
RingCentral Office is a cloud-based business phone solution that allows you to place phone calls, conduct video meetings, do a live chat, and more. The core features they offer are unlimited local and long-distance calling, auto-recording, and conferencing.
It allows you to host video conferences with up to 100 participants globally at a given time. Moreover, these meetings are compatible on any mobile or desktop device and come with a screen-sharing feature for everyone.
Plus, RingCentral audio conferencing can host up to 1000 people worldwide at a time. They offer a drag-and-drop feature that allows you to pin essential documents, share work files from tools like Google Drive.
Apart from this, it provides a detailed report on metrics like average speed of answer, the number of refused calls, missed calls, meeting dashboard, and quality of service report.
RingCentral integrates with basic email platforms and other applications such as Google Docs, Dropbox, Salesforce CRM, and Box.
- Video-Sharing Options – This allows you to share your files directly to dropbox or Google Drive
- Global Collaboration – It allows you to connect with your global team members and clients with one-click meetings.
- Project Management – Provides a built-in team-management tool to update stakeholders, assign tasks, and more.
- Meeting Add-ons – Offers add-ons like RingCentral Rooms and RingCentral Room Connector for large meetings
- Offers a 15-day Free Trial on the product plan
- Provides 24/7 customer support via phone, video chat, and more
- Offers unlimited calls in Canada and the USA
- Offers a mobile application for both iOS and Android
- Access to advanced real-time analytics reports
- One-Click Call feature on any phone or desktop
- Provides conversion of voicemail to text data
- Offers various team messaging and document sharing options
RingCentral Glip offers two plans:
- Glip Pro – Free
- Glip Pro+ – $11.99 per user per month (if billed annually)
GoToMeeting is another amazing online meeting software that allows you to host up to 3000 participants without them having a GoToMeeting account. It allows you to have your desktop screen in real-time and offers you a webinar at just $49.
It takes care of your privacy and security by using the SAML SSO login feature that works on a token-based authentication system. Plus, its H.323 enabled video conferencing feature allows your teammates to join any conference by just entering a code.
Additionally, GoToMeeting provides integration with Office 365 plugin to join, schedule, or manage upcoming online meetings directly from your calendar.
- Seamless Collaboration – Provides smooth communication by offering capabilities like sharing automatic transcripts of recorded meetings, one-click meetings, business-level messaging, and more.
- Single Click Meet – Allow you to schedule, manage, or create upcoming meetings directly from Microsoft or Google Calendar in a click.
- Cloud Recording Feature – Allows an amazing recording facility to store all your meetings.
- Mobile App – The mobile app allows you to join or host calls and is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- Offers a 14-day free trial of their product
- Provides Free SSL encryption on the service
- 24/7 customer support via email, phone, or live chat
- Allows you to host webinars
- Provides unlimited cloud recording on their platform
- Enables drawing tools for you to draw right on the screen and share with your teammates.
- Offers unlimited meetings and real-time screen sharing option without any time limit
- Integrates with third-party tools like SalesForce, Office 365, and Slack, etc.
GoToMeeting offers three paid plans.
- Professional Plan – $10.20 per user per month (billed annually)
- Business Plan – $13.60 per user per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise Plan – Custom Quote Based
3. Zoho Meeting
Zoho Meeting is a web conferencing platform that provides real-time screen sharing, remote control, and audio meetings via its platform. Moreover, you can also record meetings in the cloud storage or even download them from your storage.
One of the key things that Zoho provides is a chrome extension for the Zoho meeting that makes it even easier to access the details of the meeting. Also, Zoho makes sure that all the data flow happening in the video conference is encrypted using international standards.
- In Session Chat – Allows you to create a chat session in a new tab to discuss all important details or links.
- Audio Meeting Feature – This allows you to join a meeting via phone in a poor internet connection scenario. You can use 100+ local numbers or 55+ toll-free numbers to join from any different country.
- Private Meetings – This gives you the ability to limit the number of participants to only what you want to invite. However, you get a notification if someone wants to join the meeting.
- Provides RSVP Scheduling
- Offers multiple integrations with projects, CRM, Zoho Calendar, etc.
- The mobile app is available on both Android and iOS platforms
- Allows you to host up to 100 participants and displays 24 active video feeds at a given time
- Provides a chrome extension to perform operations available in the platform
- You can directly join any meeting without downloading anything
- Offers robust customer support via live chat
Zoho Meetings offers two paid price plans:
- Free Edition: $0 per month
- Meeting Edition: $10 per user per month
The free version has a limit of 5 participants. On the other hand, you can add up to 100 participants and store 10 recordings in the premium plan.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Video Conferencing Software?
Video Conferencing software is a meeting and video conference facilitator that offers advanced functionalities like live chat tools, screen sharing, and video recording. The primary purpose of using this software is to enable long-distance global communication with people for a seamless collaboration experience.
It is used to reduce expensive travel for meetings and save meeting time thus increasing work productivity. You can use the video conferencing platforms to engage with various types of attendees and stakeholders like partners, customers, employees, etc.
Another major advantage of using a video conferencing apps is that it allows you to have a quick call for really short deadlines. The face-to-face meetings with other stakeholders ensure efficiency, open communication, and time productivity.
Sophisticated video conferencing tools now are able to integrate with marketing automation tools and CRM systems to ensure access to important business information in meetings.
What Should You Look For in Video Conferencing Software?
Different video conferencing options will offer different and unique functionalities that may or may not suit your business requirements. However, there are some common features that are essential no matter which tool you select.
Here are some of those crucial features that your tool should have:
1. Unlimited Recording
This feature is generally offered by most video conferencing software. However, it is amazing to get an unlimited recording feature and cloud storage. It will eliminate your hassle of storing the recordings in another secure environment. Plus, it will become easier to access and share the required recordings with fellow teammates.
If you are in a learning or webinar-based business then you have to interact with customers all the time. At this time it is essential to go with a video conferencing tool that offers branding capabilities. Moreover, it should offer customizations like changing color theme, custom font, etc. on the user interface.
3. Screen Sharing
Screen Sharing is an essential feature of IT developers and webinars conductors. This allows them to put their point of concern effectively to the audience via presentation.
4. HD Video
HD video option is basically to enhance the user experience of your virtual meeting. It is to ensure that the user does not miss a minute detail involved in a presentation and thus provides a greater understanding of the topic. However, this option is only good for users having high-speed internet connections available at their remote location.
5. Advanced Analytics
The video conferencing tool must offer a detailed report of the number of viewers and engagement that happened in a particular presentation.
6. Chat Functionality
The chat feature is required so that the users do not disturb or interrupt the presenter while presenting. This is a feature that enhances the collaboration of meetings, webinars, and conferences. Plus, some tools offer chat through emojis and text in live streaming. Nowadays, video tools have been equipped to send files and relevant links via chat.
7. Presentation Module
These features will allow you to share and upload multiple file types like PDF, MP4 videos, PPT, XLSX, etc. Additionally, it also offers a note-sharing mechanism to send a specific part of the presentation to participants in real-time.
8. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
This will allow you to connect to the meeting through chat or phone and hence ensures seamless video conferencing. This happens without you switching the channel or pausing your video conference.
Best Video Conferencing Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best video conferencing software to use this year. I will keep updating the list with more relevant video conferencing tools available in the market.
These video conferencing platforms will definitely assist you in delivering HD video, increased flexibility, and other collaborating tools required during remote work.
I would recommend you to give every tool a try to see whether they are really matching your business requirements and goals. Finally, if you are looking for a free video-conferencing tool with fewer features then I recommend Skype for Business. Or you can go with Google Meet if you require extensive integration with other Google Suite tools.
Which of these video conferencing tools are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.