Thanks to the digital revolution things are moving at a rapid pace these days. In this fast-paced world, it is getting increasingly difficult for enterprises and individuals to cope with the resources, deadlines, and deliverables. However, to make things easier the time management tool came into the picture.
They allow you to not only schedule your tasks and projects but also help you map them efficiently which would have been difficult otherwise. They easily integrate with support tools, CRM Software, and other task management tools that are required to get things done.
But the question is how to understand which time management software is best for you as an individual or for an organization.
So to make your decision easier I have reviewed and ranked the best time management tools based on their features, pricing, support, usability, reporting capabilities, performance, and more.
So let’s get started.
What are the Best Time Management Tools?
Here is the list of my time management tools to use this year.
Overall Best Time Management Tool for Business ( Starts at $45 per month)
ProofHub is an online project management app that is used by leading organizations like Taco Bell, NASA, Disney, and many more. Its all-in-one tool comes with powerful features that help teams track and organize the status of the projects. Moreover, it offers a seamless collaboration platform for the team members to interact on various projects.
Additionally, you can create dependencies among tasks in a Gantt chart view, track multiple projects, and get time estimates from your team members.
Key Features of ProofHub
- The white-labeling feature allows you to add your logo, colors, and theme.
- It is an entirely cloud-based platform
- Provides efficient security protocols
- Offers multiple languages
- Allows you to review multiple files simultaneously
- Provide excellent integration options like Google Drive, Outlook, and Dropbox
- Provides kanban-style visualization boards for self-management
- Both group and one-to-one chats available for better collaboration
- Gnatt charts for visualization help you change views, track progress, and export it
- Offers amazing project templates to choose from
Pros of ProofHub
- Offers a 14-day free trial
- Very easy and quick to setup
- Priced competitively for both enterprises and freelancers
- Highly Customizable
- Provides plenty of command shortcuts for effective working
- A detailed Tutorial is available for introduction to ProofHub
- Manage all events and milestone efficiently using the calendar and provides reminders.
- Offers tasks and sub-tasks for easy allocation
Cons of ProofHub
- Loading is sometimes slow
- Does not offer customer support via phone
ProofHub provides two paid plans along with a 14-day free trial, with all features
- Essential Plan – $45 per month (Annually) or $50 per month and provides unlimited users with 40 projects and 15 GB storage.
- Ultimate Plan – $89 per month (Annually) or $99 per month and provides unlimited users, unlimited projects, and 100 GB storage.
Best Time Management App with lots of Features ( Starts at $26 per month per user)
Scoro is a comprehensive work management software that manages projects, track your time and bill for your work. Plus, it offers additional features like work scheduling and tracking, project management, customer relations management, collaboration, quotation and billing, and advanced reporting.
Scoro provides a control hub feature that displays the tasks, accounts information, key performance data, calendar events, and other important business information.
The app provides specifically catered integrations for the European market. It is designed for small- to medium-sized businesses, specifically dealing in the verticals of IT, advertising, consulting, and others.
Key Features of Scoro
- Provides real-time Gnatt Chart to track real-time progress, visual project planning, events, dependencies, tasks, and more.
- Avoid double bookings of the tasks by minimizing manual updates
- Provides different access management rules to different user roles for tasks or projects
- Compare project cost with actual cost incurred to forecast accurately
- Offers multiple languages for users to view and transact business
- Allows editing, publishing, and consuming of content from a central interface.
- Offers the ability to users to create and access timesheets/reports while not connected to the internet.
- Provides 1000+ integrations to connect including MailChimp, Xero, marketplace, Google Calendar, and more.
Pros of Scoro
- Easy and intuitive User interface with a comprehensive feature set.
- Provides great invoicing and notification capabilities in the platform
- The platform offered is fast and compact
- Automatically merges all tasks in one list and are scheduled monthly weekly, or daily.
- Email tasks can be archived in a smart inbox.
- Different currencies are available to create invoices for sales, pre-payment, and credit.
- Supports both Android and iOS devices
- Compiles all the customer and supplier contacts in one place for faster access
Cons of Scoro
- The cost is a bit too high than other competitors
- Due to tons of features available, the update process is pretty slow
Scoro offers four paid pricing plans with a 14-day free trial on all plans.
- Essential Plan – $26 per month per user
- Work Hub Plan – $37 per month per user
- Sales Hub Plan – $37 per month per user
- Ultimate Plan – Custom quote price
ActiveCollab is a web-based project management and collaboration platform that focuses on efficient and seamless collaboration among team members. Additionally, it offers an on-premise option for businesses that wants full control over their URL and gives access to an unlimited number of members.
Key Features of ActiveCollab
- There is no cap on the number of projects you can create on the platform
- Offers Project Filters to quickly search and sort the project list
- Allows you to duplicate a project template to save editing a new project from scratch
- Allows you to pin your important projects at the top.
- Separates Ongoing and Completed projects into sections to avoid confusion while working
- Provides a breakdown of tasks into multiple sub-tasks and vice-versa
- Offer batch edit option to edit multiple tasks at once
- Create custom calendars to keep events separate from projects.
- Gives the ability to create a task from the discussion
Pros of ActiveCollab
- Provides an intuitive user interface with organized web flow
- Offers robust data security
- Offers integrations with mass email platforms like Mailchimp, constant contact, and more.
- Efficiently keeps track of the time for your jobs.
- Supports both Android and iOS platforms
- Provides customer support via phone, mail, and online chat tool.
- Offers a 14-day free trial to test the product.
Cons of ActiveCollab
- Search functionality is still not that robust
- Design is still pretty basic and out-dated
ActivaCollab offers only a single price plan of $7 per month per user ($6.25 per month annually) and offers unlimited projects, unlimited tasks, client management, email integrations, and advanced visualization reports.
You can buy additional features like workload management, invoicing and payroll, timesheets, and Xero and Quickbooks Integrations at $4 per month per user.
It also offers a 14-day free trial to test its product.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Time Management Software?
Time management software is a complete solution that allows you to log hours and create schedules for your tasks. It is basically designed to streamline work efficiency by organizing workflow and avoiding process collisions. Many organizations have benefited from the time management tools to meet their business growth demand.
Additionally, it also helps in reducing payroll management errors by accurately performing time and attendance tracking. Time tracking tools save a lot of time for small businesses along with reducing recurring wasteful expenditure especially when cash there is not that readily available. Moreover, it allows you to use this data to accurately map the business productivity using data analytics tools.
You can also integrate this software with your existing CRM or ERP solutions to get further clarity on interoperability between different departments. Various industries that use time management software tools are:
- Hospitality Sector
- Government Sector
- Real Estate and Construction industry
- Retail Businesses
- IT Sector and many more.
What are the essential features you need to look at in Time Management Software?
While there are many features that are essential according to various industry verticals but are here is the list of some of the required features for time management tools:
1. Seamless Time Tracking
Make sure that the time management software you will be choosing must provide an accurate and efficient time tracking mechanism. There should not be cases where the software is not able to capture time due to some bugs. Also, make sure that the time tracking tool has a robust offline time tracking functionality in case of a network outage caused by a natural or external phenomenon.
Also, it should also provide a clean log of the time tracking activities for every task or individual under consideration with relevant snapshots if applicable.
The time management software should grow with your business. It should not happen in the future that the software is not designed for your business-specific workflow.
Migrations costs are huge so you need to take care of these things from start itself even if it costs a few extra bucks at the beginning.
The software should provide all the necessary integrations that you will need for your business to operate smoothly and effectively. This will not only save your context switching time but also reduce other overheads involved in handling different tools simultaneously.
4. Compatibility across platforms
Make sure that the software is interoperable across various platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows. Additionally, it should also have a standalone solution to cater to the specific needs of your business.
5. Robust Security
No matter which software you purchase it should provide robust security to data generated from the time tracking and attendance of the employees. It should also backup necessary data from time to time in case of an unknown emergency or incident.
Best Time Management Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best time management software you can use this year. I will keep updating the list with other good time management tools available in the market.
Make sure that research thoroughly before purchasing time tracking tools according to your budget and requirements. You can go for ProofHub if you have a large number of users or select Scoro if you are looking for a ton lot of features for your operations.
You can also go for free time tracking software Clockify to test if you are still not ready to invest in these paid tools. Finally, whatever decision you make should ultimately end up increasing the productivity of your business operations.
Which Time management tools are you planning to use for your business? Let me know in the comment section below.