Social media is a way to connect with people virtually and is growing with no end in sight. It is estimated that roughly 3.5 billion people are connected today through social media platforms and is expected to reach 5 billion in the coming decade.
With a lot of audiences roaming on these online platforms businesses are looking to engage their target audience on these various social platforms. It not only helps them in building a media presence but also raises awareness about their products, works with influencers, converts people into customers, and makes more money online.
However, social media management is time-consuming and can be stressful as there are a lot of things to handle at a time. Therefore, to keep up with things many SaaS-based social media management platforms sprung up to solve the issue.
Now there are many such automation tools available in the market and which one fits your business requirements can be updating task to figure out.
So to make your decision easier I have reviewed and ranked the best social media management tools based on their automation workflow, pricing, support, integrations, analytics, and more.
So let’s get started.
What Are the Best Social Media Management Tools?
Previously known as ‘JustUnfollow’, Crowdfire was launched in 2015 as a social media management tool to automate redundant tasks. It is one of the largest social media management platforms in the market with over 20 million users including digital nomads such as bloggers, e-sellers, freelancers, and artists.
Crowdfire offers its users features like scheduling social posts, advanced monitoring and analytics, social listening, content curation, third-party integrations with the best CRM, and more.
It is best for businesses and individuals looking for deep insights and listenings to the topics on social media channels.
- Post Analytics – Offers a robust data visualization for representing the performance of every post on various social media channels
- Bulk Scheduling – Provides you to bulk schedule a number of posts on different social media platforms.
- Hashtag recommendation – Provides a suitable hashtag for every post you create based upon data analyzed by its recommendation system
- Offers a 14-day free trial on all of its products
- Supports various browser add-ons and Chrome extensions on its platform
- Allows you to discover infographics and videos based on your content interests your audience love.
- Provides you with a listening feature to understand your brand position and do a competitor analysis
- Offers pre-scheduling of the posts along with pre-determined publish timing on various channels
- The focus is more on quantity rather than quality
- Only recommends infographics or videos posted by other members
- Offers limited ability to promote blog posts
Crowdfire offers three paid plans apart from its free plan:
- Plus – $9.99 per month
- Premium – $49.99 per month
- VIP – $99.99 per month
Buffer was launched in 2010 and is one of the best tools used in digital marketing for managing social media accounts. It provides multiple services such as posting frequency, data analytics, social listening, and more on platforms like Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
They provide a mobile application for both Android and iOS and support chrome extension for easy access. Buffer is a platform that is best for people looking for scheduling and publishes content on all your social media platforms seamlessly.
- Pablo – It is an in-built image creation tool that allows you to create images for social media platforms
- Custom Scheduling – This allows you to create multiple customized schedules for every social media account you are using to promote your content or product.
- Chrome Extension – Provides a chrome extension of the platform for easy access to publishing, sharing, and monitoring of the results of the social media posts.
- Allows you to publish and share content in a single click on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- Provides chrome extension to post pictures, publish blogs, share links, and more
- Supports the creation of images for social media platforms using its in-built image tool
- Provides robust analytics to measure performance and extract detailed reports for actionable insights
- Supports both iOS and Android Platform for its application
- Enhanced team collaboration using various access levels and administrator rights
- Allows you to share multiple media formats on social platforms
- Offers no functionality or tool to find suitable hashtags or searches
Buffer offers two pricing plans for its customer.
- Free – $0 per month per social media platform
- Essentials – $6 per month per social media platform
Rebrandly is a link management tool that offers you to shorten URLs to share them easily on social media platforms. They make social media posting seamless and provides analytics on the created links to measure visits, shares, platforms where the link was used, and more.
They provide a dedicated links manager that helps you in performing fast redirects, create customizable URLs, tag links, and set link expiry dates.
Rebrandly is best for large brands operating on multiple social media platforms and needing short branded links to promote their product or content.
- Advanced Analytics – All the custom URLs generated for social media platforms are tracked using a robust report builder to provide actionable insights.
- Support – Provides account management, video tutorials, direct training, email support, and knowledge base.
- Redirection – Offers 301 redirects to create deep links to route traffic to the required destination.
- Provides a single sign-on (SSO) login and two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Offers a social inbox that allows you to filter, find, and manage all your essential messages received on various social media platforms.
- Supports bulk posting and flexible scheduling actions such as queue, rescheduling, scheduling, and more.
- Nicely structured useful information about the platform via its knowledge base, video tutorials, and account management section.
- Allows you to track your shorten customizable URLs to measure key performance metrics
- Offers 301 redirects and traffic routing on your social media links.
- Does not have a post scheduling feature for all the social media platforms available
Rebrandly offers four paid plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee along with a free plan:
- Free: $0 per month
- Starter: $29 per month
- Pro: $69 per month
- Premium: $499 per month
- Enterprise: Custom Price
Agorapulse was launched in 2011 with the aim to help businesses and individuals easily manage their social media accounts. The site claims to have more than 17000 plus media managers using their platform to scale their marketing on social media.
It offers users to engage in meaningful conversations online through its platform. Agorapulse is best for agencies and medium-sized businesses that require multiple users for handling multiple social media profiles.
- Auto Repeat Posts – This allows you to re-queue the content after a certain number of posts on the social media platform.
- Ad Comment Management – This feature offers you to manage comments from ads on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
- Assignment – This provides you to assign and distribute a certain number of posts to a particular person in your team member.
- Offers a 28-day free trial on its paid product
- Provides flexible scheduling and bulk uploading of the posts on social media
- Supports filtering of social media messages in its inbox
- Provides a detailed report on ROI based on content strategy and engagement
- The listening Feature needs improvement
- Expensive mid-tier plan compared to other competitors
- No search option in the inbox and provide very few emoticons
Agorapulse offers three paid plans apart from its free plan:
- Pro – $99 per month
- Premium – $199 per month
- Enterprise – Quote-based pricing
So now let’s cover the basics.
What Are Social Media Management Tools?
Social media management tools is automation software designed to pipeline your social media strategy in a seamless manner. This includes creating marketing campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, collaboration between various teams, and more.
You can leverage these SaaS-based products to further speed up your content promotion on social media. They allow you to filter non-targeted audiences from the real core audience you are looking for.
Moreover, they provide you with actionable insights on every campaign to help you understand your weakness and strengths. Apart from this, the platform also provides you with sharing and scheduling options for different social media platforms.
You can easily engage with your audience through the platform itself by replying to the comments and posts. It allows you to streamline workflows for different teams so that you don’t have to worry about the performance of each segment.
Social Media Management Tools – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best social media management software to use for your business this year. I will keep updating the list with other good social media management platforms available in the market.
Before choosing the best social media marketing software, carefully go through its features and check which functionalities are aligned with your business requirements.
Finally, I recommend you thoroughly go through the social media management app list provided above before making the final decision. They all come with a free trial so do try them out.
Which Social Media Management Tool you are planning to use? Let me know in the comment section below.