Today, thanks to modern remote desktop software available in the market we are able to work independently of our location. We can easily collaborate with our team members through webcams, video conferencing software, and more.
It is surprising that many analysts are finding the work-from-home culture as productive and derive better results. However, doing a work-from-home job requires a computer in another location. And this is where remote desktop software comes into play to maintain the security of the operations carried out.
Now to help you choose the best possible remote desktop option, we have ranked and reviewed the best remote desktop software based on third-party integrations, pricing, ease of use, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Remote Desktop Software?
Here is my list of the best remote desktop software to use this year.
Anydesk is one of the most popular remote desktop platforms that is used by millions of users around the globe. It is known for providing seamless online collaboration, access control, a personalized user interface, and file sharing.
Anydesk relies on the foundation of the DeskRT which offers amazing low latency. Moreover, other essential features that Anydesk provides include encryption technology, high frame rates, real-time signal syncing, and more.
Anydesk is an ideal solution for IT professionals dealing with slow internet connections or working mostly in remote locations.
- Reinforced Security – Leverage TLS 1.2 encryption standards to secure your computer connection.
- Customization – Offers a highly customizable user interface that completely aligns with your branding needs.
- Lightweight Platform – Offers a very light file to download and install on your computer with no disruptions and lags.
- Private Network – This allows you to set up your Enterprise Network to take control of over data you transmit through its end-to-end encryption.
- Offers a free trial of its products.
- Allows you to transfer files securely and easily using copy and paste features
- Available in over 28 different languages
- Capable of working on bandwidth as low as 100kbps without any abrupt interruptions.
- Every connection is verified using RSA 2048 asymmetric key exchange encryption
- Compatible with older versions of Windows like Windows 7
- Provides 60 fps on local or any network for a seamless experience
- Also offers support for other platforms like Android, iOS, FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- Provides automated invoicing and billing, sessions reporting, and remote booting
- Offers whitelist feature to transmit data to trusted and secure computers only.
- The mobile app is still not as efficient as the desktop version
- The software has stability issues at low bandwidth for various OS platforms
Anydesk offers three pricing plans for its service.
- Lite Plan – $10.99 per month (if Billed Annually)
- Professional Plan – $20.99 per month (if Billed Annually)
- Power Plan – $52.49 per month (if Billed Annually)
GoToMyPC is a remote work solution that enables individuals and businesses to share and access data with each other across multiple devices. It also allows you to invite professionals from outside the organization and track the related progress accordingly.
Moreover, it offers high-quality real-time-in-session performance and connects to a virtual machine within seconds. Plus, it allows administrators to connect the system with various third-party IT applications.
GoToMyPC is designed for professionals who are working from home only as it offers office-grade reliable security and 128-bit AES encryption.
- Robust Privacy – Easily lock the remote keyboard or make the screen black after some inactivity to ensure privacy on the computer machine.
- Sound Recording – Listen to music or sound on the machine you are accessing the virtual computer.
- Detailed Reporting – Keeps track record of all the sessions important details like duration of the connection, type, time, and origin
- Multi-Monitor Management – Displays all the connected monitors with the computers on a single screen.
- Provides affordable pricing with respect to the features offered
- Provides you the log of online users along with the timing details
- Enhances the engagement with its mouse sharing feature
- Allows transfer of files using drag and drop feature
- Offers data synchronization between laptops and desktops
- Renders a dedicated two-way communication channel between connected systems
- The UI of the software is still not that modern
GoToMyPC offers three pricing plans for their service.
- Personal – $28 per month per computer (if billed annually)
- Pro – $33 per month per computer (if billed annually)
- Corporate – $35 per computer (if billed annually)
Parallels is a great remote desktop software that offers flexibility and customization to the remote work you do in any location. The platform focuses on business-critical IT infrastructure and how to reduce ownership costs.
Additionally, it offers other functionalities like centralizing, data secure monitoring, and restricted access permissions, among others. Plus, it allows you to easily scale monitoring security to newly added resources on demand.
This software is an ideal choice for those businesses that are in a rapid growth mode and will be scaling their employee count at a rapid pace.
- Multi-tasking – This feature allows you to run multiple applications on different storage devices having different files. You can easily navigate through various applications and files using their native gestures.
- Smooth UI/UX – It offers a lucid user interface on Browsers, Android, and iOS operating systems.
- Work Automation – Performs automation of repetitive tasks by leveraging REST-API and PowerShell to maximize resource utilization.
- Multi-level Access Control – Provides custom access permission to various user group levels in the business to maintain data security standards.
- Runs Smoothly on older operating systems
- Allows you to launch applications easily from the OSX taskbar
- Provides secure USB device compatibility
- Easy swipe functionality to navigate across virtual and remote host desktop
- Adheres to strict coherence to ensure smoother operations between applications
- No support provided for gaming and multimedia applications
Its subscription plans vary from $19.99 per year to $100 per year.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Remote Desktop Access Software?
Remote desktop software uses Virtual Network Computing (VNC) that grants one computer system remote access to another computer located at a different location through LAN or internet connection.
It is similar to the TCP handshake that we see in the client-server model. Here the remote desktop displays the monitor of the client system and enables the user to control the system using a keyboard and mouse.
These remote desktop tools are generally used for the following purposes.
- To troubleshoot any application or system error occurring in the client machine
- To work from home you can use remote desktop solutions
- Helpdesk software and Technical support require remote desktop tools to resolve issues on the client side.
- To gain access to your personal documents and files.
What Should You Look for in Remote Desktop Software?
Choosing the right remote desktop involved what exactly are you looking for in your business operations. While there are several requirements that can be covered but here are a few essential features to be taken into consideration.
Real-time reporting is essential as it is used to gauge performance and keep a track of it. As many businesses rely on these KPIs to decide user performance and thus ultimately the pay they deserve.
2. Multi-Window Control
Multi-Window control allows businesses to cater to multiple clients using a single desktop. This saves a lot of switching time between systems and hence increases operation productivity.
There is a fairly good chance that whatever remote desktop control you have might fall short in times of critical delivery. So it is better to choose software that allows you to scale desktop monitoring on the fly without taking much time.
4. Chat Functionality
Chat systems are a great addition to remote desktop platforms as it allows real-time information relaying between devices. This boosts the overall productivity and client satisfaction rate as it decreases engagement time without needing emails or telephones.
5. Multi-Monitor Control
This feature allows you to manage multiple monitors at the same time and thus ensuring that managers never miss any single chance opportunity.
6. File Transfer
This feature eliminates the need for any third-party tools to transfer files while simultaneously taking care of your clients. You might also want to look out for other features like branding, two-way desktop sharing, restarting in safe mode, clipboard transfer, and more.
7. Reconnect and Reboot
The remote desktop software should provide the capability to reconnect and reboot the system anytime. This is a must-have feature for the technical support team to gauge any damages that occurred.
Remote Desktop Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best remote desktop software to use for your business this year. I will keep updating the list with more good remote desktop software available in the market.
My advice is that you do give try each and every remote desktop software provided in the list and do a thorough analysis before choosing the right one. Make sure that the software you purchase has some compatibility with any third-party applications you are using to ensure seamless operations.
Finally, if you are looking for a solution that offers powerful features and has a proven track record of servicing large enterprises, then you might want to consider options like ZohoAssists, TeamViewer, and Anydesk.
More from Smashitbuck: Do check out my other articles on the 3PL companies, Technopreneurship importance, and investment platforms to use this year.