Roadmap software played an important role in roadmapping a project for the agile product manager and product team. It allowed streamlining of vital operations such as utilizing customer feedback, progress tracking, planning projects, and coordinating team activities.
Moreover, it integrates with other project management tools and other roadmapping software available in the market to sync activities. However, comparing each and every roadmap tool on essential features can be very time-consuming.
Therefore, In this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the top roadmap software based on features, pricing, integrations, workflow management, ease of use, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the best Roadmap Software?
Here is the list of the best roadmap software solutions you can use for your business this year.
1. Roadmap Planner
End your search for a project management tool for project management and build a work strategy with Roadmap Planner. It helps you with all of your project planning and strategies along with deadlines. Plus, it is easily sharable with all your colleagues and stakeholders so everyone can stay updated.
Creating your business strategy is easy but following it is hard and time-consuming. Roadmap Planner keeps you on track with its wonderful Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and reminders. Furthermore, you can set deadlines for everyone in your team and manage their workload accordingly.
This way Roadmap Planner gives you a clear picture of your targets and long-term goals. Plus, they provide 24/7 assistance in case you are stuck somewhere. Moreover, it can be useful to anyone. Rather it is a product manager, an educator, a business owner, a startup founder, or anyone who wants to visualize their plans.
- Roadmap views: Create Gantt charts and focus on your long-term strategic plans. Set timelines and plan all the other work accordingly.
- Protected Storage: The roadmap planner provides secure storage options where you can upload/share all the important documents regarding all the projects.
- Drag & Drop: Making a Gantt chart or Kanban board is not difficult with a Roadmap planner. It provides an easy drag and drops option which is easy to use and even speeds up your work.
- Printing: Roadmap planners possess a smart print algorithm that converts any documents to pages. Therefore, any of your roadmaps will not have cuts and you can easily share them with your colleagues.
- Roadmap Planner is available both online and offline. You can continue your work even with network issues.
- You can plan multiple projects simultaneously. Plus, there is no project limit. You can plan unlimited projects with a Roadmap planner.
- You can set milestones so it’s easy for everyone to accomplish smaller goals and move towards larger ones on time.
- Roadmap Planner is available in multiple languages including English, German, French, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Russian.
A roadmap planner subscription starts at $4.99/month. Moreover, they provide a 14-day free trial for you to test out their services.
ProductPlan is yet another roadmap platform that helps you create a roadmap for your projects and align your teams. List down all of your current and future initiatives and create a beautiful roadmap out of them. Basically, this helps you to prioritize tasks and pace up towards your objectives.
With clear Roadmaps, you and your team can have a clear picture of all the projects going on. Plus, ProductPlan provides various features like integrations, comments, mentions, and more which makes it even easier to communicate about a certain task and keep everyone on the same level about it.
ProductPlan also provides a ProductPlanAPI that allows easy integration of ProductPlan with your existing systems. You can share these roadmaps with anyone including your external stakeholders through a private link. Furthermore, ProductPlan provides industry-level security which makes sure your data is safe with them.
- Templates: ProductPlan provides a lot of ready templates so you can quickly get started anytime without having to spend hours on it. Moreover, some projects might have the same functioning so you can use a template repeatedly.
- Drag & Drop: It has an easy drag and drops feature that makes it extremely easy to use for anyone.
- Multiple Layout: You can view your roadmap in 4 different layouts like timelines, lists, tables, or portfolios as per your preferences.
- Comments & Mentions: You can input your comments on the roadmap so everyone can be on the same level. Plus, ProductPlan even lets you mention the person in comments and tasks.
- Imports: You can start building a roadmap by easily importing initiatives from spreadsheets directly into ProductPlan.
- Integrations: They provide integrations with your favorite tools like Jira, Slack, and others so that you can sync up all your tools and data in one place.
- ProductPlan provides unlimited roadmaps to design.
- You get a private link to publish your roadmap and share it with your external stakeholders.
- Comments and mentions on the roadmap are game-changer.
- Easy imports from spreadsheets make it easy to turn the current list of initiatives in a spreadsheet into a roadmap easily.
- They possess SOC 2 certification and advanced security features to ensure the safety of your data.
ProductPlan provides three subscription options namely Basic, Professional, and Enterprise. The Professional and Enterprise are only available annually and provide a price on request. The Basic subscription is priced at $49 / month.
Write is one of the best roadmap software of all. It is a complete package of all the tools that you would ever require for planning out or creating a roadmap. Therefore, Wrike is used for Enterprise project management, agile project management, agency project management, and other project management.
Not to worry if you are already using one or more platforms for your work and management and want to switch to Wrike. It provides various integrations which let you sync up all your data into one place and continue without any obstacles.
Through Wrike, you can not only plan out projects and assign them to everyone but also manage everyone’s workloads. Plus, Wrike keeps you updated on what projects are going on time and what are delayed. This way you can give special attention to all the delayed projects.
- Customize tools: Wrike provides all the tools that any team would require like dashboards, request forms, workflows, and more.
- Overall visibility: You can not only track all the projects but can also track everyone’s workloads across all the departments.
- Smart Automation: Wrike has introduced a new feature called Work intelligence, which predicts your project risk, provides voice commands, smart replies, and more.
- Templates: The pre-built templates for your workflow speed up launching any project.
- Shared team calendars: You can view the due dates and meeting schedules of everyone clearly without any discrepancy.
- Wrike’s live editing of documents and mentions moves the discussions faster without any discrepancy.
- You can set up an automated approval process for various tasks. So that the right people are auto-assigned and notified when a task is ready for approval.
- It provides an inbuilt time tracker and other essential requirements like dashboards.
Wrike provides various subscription plans starting from $9.80 per user/month apart from the free plan. They are as listed below:
- Free: $0 per user/month
- Professional: $9.80 per user/month
- Business: $24.80 per user/month
Apart from this, they do have Enterprise and Pinnacle subscriptions with the price on request for large teams and complex work needs. Moreover, they also provide a 14-day free trial for all of their plans.
Airfocus is another fast and easy roadmap software that allows quick product development for any organization. Moreover, it integrates many other popular apps such as Trello, Github, Jira, etc. to provide a professional roadmap in minutes.
Additionally, it allows you to share and create roadmaps with unlimited viewers to those roadmaps. Also, it provides a drag-and-drop interface that allows you to switch between Gantt charts and the Kanban board. It streamlines product development by scoring and custom weighting ideas and features.
Airfocus also helps you in creating multidimensional charts to help you better understand the product from all angles.
- Reminders: Hello Focus gives constant reminders to keep us on track and cope up in case of delayed projects.
- Tasks & to-do lists: You can create subparts like tasks and to-do lists of an entire project. Plus, you can even set recurring tasks.
- Mentions: Specifically assign tasks to everyone by mentioning them with due dates so that everything goes as planned.
- Reports: It provides overall reports on all the tasks and to-do lists. Moreover, you can switch from tasks to project view anytime to get a holistic view and vice versa.
- Prioritize: Prioritise tasks according to their importance and urgency so that you can accomplish your targets on time.
- Provides a 14-day free trial of their product.
- It keeps you updated regarding the delayed projects and helps you cope up with the delay.
- The dashboards give us a good overall report on all the projects going on.
- Users will be notified about their upcoming tasks on daily basis. This way they can also understand the future steps and what is expected of them.
- There is a native mobile application as well apart from the browser version.
Airfocus provides four plans to its customer along with the free trial
- Essential Plan – $15 per editor per month
- Advanced Plan – $49 per editor per month
- Pro Plan – $89 per editor per month
- Enterprise Plan – Custom Quote-based pricing
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Roadmap Software?
Roadmap software is a computer application that allows product managers to plan, create, and prioritize product strategies to achieve goals. Nowadays, it is a SaaS-based product that can be accessed using both browsers and mobile applications.
Moreover, the application allows teams and individuals to test ideas for products that align with customer needs. Also, it allows you to customize the product lifecycle and how a team can contribute to a particular product.
What Features should you Look for in Roadmap Software?
Here are some of the standard features that you should look for in a product roadmap solution for your organization.
1. Planning Boards
This feature is very important to understand and share ideas among all the stakeholders involved in building the project. Moreover, it allows teams to discuss new initiatives and prioritize important features before upcoming launches.
Also, multi-dimensional charts on the boards will help you plan the product by looking at it from different perspectives.
2. Third Party Integrations
Built-in integrations and open APIs allow you to share data among multiple platforms. Moreover, it allows you to track bugs and utilize document management platforms to achieve set goals.
3. Workflow Management
Any roadmap platform should provide robust workflow management to streamline activities. Moreover, It should allow for modification of existing workflows, and adding custom workflows to multiple projects.
These projects include releases, product features, initiatives, goals, and requirements.
4. Analytics and Reporting
The software should provide and create reports by combining roadmaps based on the data analysis parameters such as views, ideas, activity timelines, and more.
5. Product Collaboration tools
The roadmap software should provide tools to review and share roadmaps internally with other stakeholders using live chat, comment section, idea and issue tags, and more.
6. Template Management
Predefined roadmap templates will help you easily create marketing plans, product launch plans, release plans, diagrams, and product development timelines.
Best Roadmap Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best roadmap software to use this year. I will keep updating the list with other good roadmap software available in the market.
Remember if you building a complex product then having a roadmap software for this will streamline the process of activities. Effectively built roadmaps will help upper management and the team to understand the pitch more clearly.
Therefore, research all the available product roadmap software solutions that match your business requirements and budget.
Which one of the roadmap software are you planning to use? Let me know in the comment section below.