As the number of online orders is growing post-pandemic so is the need to cater to these demands effectively and smoothly. There are many order management systems in the market that is just designed to handle this kind of situation.
The best OMS allows you to not only centralize every order process but also ease some cumbersome tasks involved. So, if you are looking to purchase an order management tool and don’t know where to proceed then this guide is for you.
Therefore to make your decision easier, I have reviewed and ranked the best order management systems based on their pricing, features, ease of use, support, integrations, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Order Management System?
Here is my list of the best order management systems to use this year.
Orderhive is an eCommerce Automation software that allows businesses to manage their inventories in a single place. That includes orders, shipping, and all other eCommerce platform operations. It has proved itself to be one of the best and more advanced systems among its competitors.
Additionally, Orderhive rewards integration with commanding marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and shopping carts with Shopify, and Magneto. Expanding with shipping partners like FedEx, UPS, and accounting software in a unified business tool like Quickbooks and Xero. Orderhive has an impressive 5500+ clientele from across the globe.
With Orderhive, you simply need to focus on growing your business and let Orderhive take care of the automation tasks. Get your sale orders, and order updates, send stock updates, and even accept payments with Orderhive. It is a SaaS-based solution that facilitates multi-channel selling, providing effortless back-end processes and a tracking system.
- Smart Shipping – You can get features such as automated workflows, product scanning with barcode support, and information on the best rates. You can even get customization!
- Improve Efficiency – Orderhive boosts your business’s team collaboration for better efficiency. How? There is a single dashboard to monitor all orders while everyone gets access.
- Stay updated – You can receive order tracking updates via seamless sync with sales channels and shipping partners.
- Avoiding errors – Automated workflows and synchronized actions help avoid errors and decrease efficiency.
- Reduced Inventory Risks- Real-time data helps you plan for the future eliminating the risk of overstocking or understocking the goods.
- Integrations – Orderhive lets you connect with a range of third-party partners including Amazon, eBay, UPS, and Shopify among others.
- Sellers for Prime – It helps process every kind of order for the seller to fulfill Prime orders on Amazon.
- Analytics and Reports – It provides a comprehensive report on sales, purchases, shipments, returns, invoices, and many more with detailed insights that are easy to understand.
- Purchase Management – You get complete automated purchase order capabilities, custom purchasing, supplier management, and real-time data.
- E-commerce automation – It allows managers to operate everyday tasks as well as customize automation via toggles.
- You can get 24*7 customer support for any pricing plan. They are quick and would resolve queries within hours.
Orderhive allows you to have a 15-day completely free trial with no requirements for your credit card. After the trial, the pricing model starts from $44.99 per month to $269.99 per month for better business solutions. You can even get a tailor-made quote that suits best for your business.
2. Oracle Netsuite
Oracle NetSuite is an ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning)software. It helps businesses to achieve growth and progress by efficiently optimizing business processes. Moreover, It also helps to operate the business processes and activities in a cloud platform with high-end benefits.
It provides all the requirements of small, medium, and large businesses in a cloud environment. Oracle NetSuite has always been ahead with their business, understanding the requirements and assisting businesses through NetSuite ERP. It helps operate the business activities and processes in a cloud platform with high-end benefits.
NetSuite’s magnitude affords sturdy functionality, and its scalability gives it long-term value as a business grows. It automates and integrates key function areas like financial management, revenue, order, and warehouse management system.
- Finance and accounting – It allows you to combine core accounting functions with real-time financial visibility and insights to drive financial progress.
- Revenue Recognition – It would help you out in scheduling and yielding.
- Pricing and Promotions – It helps you handle multiple price ranges, and customer and currency-specific pricing. You even get the transaction level gross profit analysis.
- Planning and scheduling – It will allow you to plan material purchases, schedule employees, and position inventory.
- Customizations – You can build new functionalities, and workflows and process business demand according to the business needs of the users.
- Flexibility – Integration with any third-party system is done with precision, enhancing business performance.
- Real-Time Data Visibility -You can get a real track of your customers and access the same from anywhere, helping you understand their behavior.
- Automation-You can automate all the functions, increasing the effectiveness of business processes and promising results.
- Industry-specific features – There are additional modules created to fulfill the demands of the customers.
- Streamlined Billing -It can automate the following processes: order-to-cash process, and revenue recognition via multiple channels by collecting real-time information.
Its base license costs $999 per month with access costs of $99 per user, per month. The NetSuite license operates as a subscription model and may be renewed annually or over longer intervals. You can also purchase additional modules according to your need.
Skubana is a cloud-based ERP system, that integrates all your products, fulfillment centers, and sales channels into one platform. So whether you’re selling DTC, through wholesale, marketplaces, or all, you can always be exactly where your customer is. It also identifies the best shipping deals and finds new opportunities for cost-cutting and profitability.
Additionally, Skubana is a standard and comprehensive tool for 3PL integrations, drop shippers, and FBA sellers. It offers both native and add-on integration to sellers and brands worldwide. It allows integration with marketplaces like Shopify, Amazon, Walmart or Fed-Ex, and many more.
With Skubana, you can automate the creation of POs and use forecasting tools based on your replenishment patterns. This helps in identifying business opportunities and prevents stock overspending and overselling. It is AI and metrics that allow you to oversee your operations and identify inefficiencies.
- Cross-channel reporting – You can see the data on your revenue, orders, and units sold in one single dashboard.
- Real-time inventory updates – This allows for consistent metrics across all channels so you can make informed decisions.
- Automated shipping & return labels – It links products to the appropriate in-house warehouses and third parties. This helps in speeding up delivery time with automated shipping and return labeling.
- Overselling prevention – You can set your own inventory allocation rules and controls per channel.
- Automated replenishment – It updates values on sales velocity, reorder quantities, and forecasted reorder dates. This helps in knowing when to replenish the stocks.
- Managing Inventory – You’ll be able to see your stock levels from your dashboard and optimize your store with the lowest costs and the highest efficiencies.
- Automated purchase orders – Skubana ensures that oversights, like sales, don’t happen with a prioritized purchasing process that’s based on piece price, lead time, and error rate.
- One-click integrations – This helps the sellers to work smarter and sell more across multiple shipping providers and sales channels.
Skubana is based on the number of orders you ship in a year, starting at $1,000 a month. You have to provide information like the average orders per month, workflow complexity, and the price set accordingly. You can also request a personalized demo and quote according to your business needs.
4. QuickBook Commerce
QuickBooks Commerce or TradeGecko is a powerful cloud-based inventory and order management tool. It combines manufacturing, sales channels, inventory locations, and currencies. It helps you organize bills in one folder and customize reminders to pay or get paid on time.
Additionally, it also provides access to loans with low-interest rates and easy payout solutions. You can create an account for easy cash transactions and perform multi-channel business activities to increase brand awareness. It also lets you maintain sales orders workflow with different sections like Draft, Active, Finalized, Fulfilled, Invoice Status, etc.
With Quickbooks Commerce, QuickBooks Commerce also includes detailed reports, and forecasts to track and predict business performance. In addition, the app shows a quick look at business data. This makes it easy to create and manage orders, monitor inventory, and contact customers and suppliers.
- Manufacturing: Allows to create bills of materials for finished goods. The creation and management of production orders that consider a complete list of component parts.
- Sales Report – Sales reports assist with sales channel analysis, performance monitoring, sales trends, and more.
- Multichannel Sales: It provides a central location to manage sales through several channels. Users can sell through marketplaces, B2B e-commerce, B2C e-commerce, and mobile applications.
- Stronger customer relationships – It allows you to keep customer information and critical supplier in a single place.
- Better Data Visibility – Supplies users with several reporting, and analytical tools to give them valuable operational data.
- Native iOS app – The app highlights barcode scanning, access to customer data, creation and management of orders, and access to inventory and sales data. It also gives access to map views and captures and uploads product images.
The starting price of Quickbooks Commerce is $20 per month for the first twelve months. The $20 plan allows you to track and fulfill orders, control inventory, sync Quickbooks to control accounting, and more.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is an Order Management System?
An order management system is a software tool that assists you in managing and processing all your order entries. Simply think of it as a machine that tracks sales, shipments, fulfillments, orders, and other order management processes in a centralized single dashboard.
The OMS operates as an integrated system that offers to connect to customers, shipping fulfilment services, sales channels, and end-to-end order processing services.
These services basically include stock and inventory control, omnichannel store fulfillment, centralized customer support, and a working CRM solution that lists all your previous order history.
What Features Do You Need in an Order Management System?
Here are some of the essential features you will need to look into an order management solution while purchasing.
1. Inventory Management
An integrated inventory management platform helps you keep track of your stock levels and replenish them as required. Therefore, it is crucial that your OMS have this option available to give you the required insights on your current stock level.
Moreover, it should provide an alert mechanism that will automatically notify you when a particular item stock is about to be out of stock based on customer purchases.
2. Functional CRM
Another major point to consider is whether your OMS offers integration with CRM software. This is important as it will help notify all the stakeholders about the order status and delivery confirmation.
Also, make sure that the order management tools provide different access levels for various stakeholders when it comes to accessing this functionality.
3. Centralized System
Your OMS should streamline all the required data of your sales channel under a single umbrella. This helps you in navigating to key important places easily and helps maintain customer records across different channels.
4. Multiple Payment Gateway Support
It is recommended that your platform supports nearly all the payment gateway options available in the market. This ensures that the customer has his preferred payment option available which they feel secure and easy.
5. Refund Processing
Another important aspect of any OMS is the way the order refund process is handled. The platform should make the refund process seamless and ensure no delay when it comes to returning customer money back.
Additionally, your OMS should identify potential bottlenecks, integrate third-party enterprise resource planning software, be cost-effective, and deliver a reliable customer experience throughout the process.
6. Fulfillment Center
This OMS module manages and ensures the processing, receiving, and completion of all the orders. It assists in syncing all the business fulfillment centers and services by getting the order status notification.
This helps dropshippers to understand which orders are been processed or getting ready for delivery.
7. Process Scalability
Always make sure that your OMS should be scalable even if you are catering to 100 orders today. This is a critical factor that will ensure the success of your system.
8. Shipping Services
Your OMS should have multiple shipping service providers integrated with its platform. This ensures that the platform has a connection with both the dealers and the customers.
Moreover, it also helps in getting any assistance on COD order status and tracking payments from the shipping company and dealers.
Order Management System – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best order management system you can use for your business this year. I will keep updating other good order management systems available in the market.
Remember that the order management platform enables smooth order-to-cash flow for your business. Therefore, it is crucial that you look at all the options carefully and understand their pros and cons for your business before going forward to purchase.
An order management tool interconnects several stakeholders and touchpoints to provide smooth and easy sales order transactions. So, you need to also take care that which system gives maximum benefit when integrated with a CRM service.
Which order management system are you planning to use on this list? Let me know in the comments below.