Today resolving each and every customer query manually is a cumbersome task for the business. To resolve the issue many knowledge base software has come into the picture to address issues such as query organization, query analytics, data translation, and more.
However, which knowledge base software is best suited for your business depends on business requirements and the number of queries generated.
In this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best knowledge base software based on its features, help desk and search capabilities, pricing, support, ease of use, integrations, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Knowledge Base Software?
Here are some of the best knowledge base platforms to use this year.
1. HubSpot Knowledge Base
HubSpot is a very well-known knowledge base software among companies worldwide. Now, customers expect recommendations in minutes and personalized, 24/7 service through various channels. However, most customer service units struggle to meet these growing demands because their tools and data live across multiple sources.
Knowledge Base Hub brings all your customer service data and channels together in one place and helps scale your support through automation and self-service. The results include more time for proactive service that joys, retains, and grows your customer base. Furthermore, when using the full HubSpot CRM platform, support agents can deliver more exceptional service and tie their efforts back to the bottom line.
Strategies, services, or software, HubSpot allows your company to scale your company not, your complexities. HubSpot provides you with everything you need to grow better.
- Smart Content – It is one of the best features of HubSpot’s CMS. You can personalize content CTAs on your site independently of the clients’ persona and whatever you know about the contract.
- Personalization without CMS – You can leverage sensible CTAs and even progressive identification without the CMS. Many tools provided by the software allow website personalization.
- Built-in CDN and SSL – Many websites work on WordPress and alternative DIY-oriented systems, but they lack the two most valuable components – content delivery network and SSL. You can get a fast and secure service without any setup.
- It is an all-in-one platform. HubSpot simplifies with its all-in-one out-of-the-box solution for the management of platforms. HubSpot can take charge of all the moving parts associated with the inbound marketing process, from generating leads to sustaining those leads to converting those leads.
- The analytics of HubSpot is top-notch gathering metrics on the platform is easy.
- You can easily edit, test, and integrate your post using the social characteristics coupled with email and simplify the marketing side.
- You can edit or customize Hubspot templates into custom-coded templates.
HubSpot provides a free trial and plan for new businesses. All the while their subscription plans range from $50 to $1200 per month.
FreshDesk is an omnichannel customer service software with a complete support solution. You can engage in more meaningful discussions every day across varied channels and customers. It is a cloud-based customer service software that provides you with everything you need to deliver exceptional support.
FreshDesk’s omnichannel engine streamlines customer conversations across multiple channels, including email, phone, chat, and social media.
- Effortless customer service – Freshdesk helps you to simplify the experience for you as well as your customers. You can put your customers in control by offering them the support they require in their channel of choice.
- Proactive context – You can allow your agents more contexts and automation to proactively understand your customer’s needs and offer them the best.
- Speed service – Make your customer remarkable by achieving speed in delivering the service. You can observe the productivity gains within three months. Innovate faster with their NEO platform.
- Speedy service leads to more pleasant customer interaction. This also keeps both the customer and your employees in a good mood. So it’s a win-win situation.
- The omnichannel support offers a single view of all platforms. In today’s business, you’re expected to be interconnected as possible throughout all the platforms utilizable.
- Freshdesk enables you to collaborate, meaning you can collaborate cross-team, increasing cross-team visibility and alignment. This makes the life of an employee much easier.
- They offer artificial intelligence to automate the monotonous workday concerning mundane matters of the support staff. Artificial intelligence invariably keeps track of customer interactions to develop comprehensive profiles for every customer.
Freshdesk provides a free trial for 21 days for its customers. They provide services in two different categories, a support desk and an omnichannel. The plans for the support channel start from a free plan, a growth plan for ₹999 to Pro for ₹3599. The enterprise plan starts from ₹5699 billed per month, agent for a year.
Zendesk is a cloud-hosted help desk platform used by small businesses and large enterprises numbering more than 40,000. The solution provided by them is easy to deploy and use.
Furthermore, it helps to improve customer satisfaction, boost productivity, and reduce costs. It can be used by 5 to 500 agents and can run thousands of tickets per day.
Zendesk’s product merges the different support channels such as web, chat, email, and social media. You can quickly access this tool from your desktop or your mobile device. Thus, it is a flexible and convenient help desk program for freelance support operators working from home.
Zendesk gives businesses the flexibility to move swiftly, converge on innovation, and scale their growth. Zendesk has a competitive edge, they offer a wide range of customer service media for businesses of any size, at any stage.
Whether your agents range from a single person or one thousand agents, Zendesk has the software solution for you to establish better customer relationships.
- Easy implementation– The setup takes minimal time, increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Powerful reporting– You can create a customized report based on the analysis parameters you select.
- Scalability– Zendesk offers a highly scalable cross-vertical solution for your organization as you grow. This eliminates the need to use other software if you switch or add a new business vertical to your business.
- Third-Party Integrations– Zendesk offers a ton of third-party integrations on its platform so that you do not need to look elsewhere for monitoring operations.
- The agents can work with tickets from any source, including help center request forms, emails, text chat, and mobile phones.
- Supports multiple social media channels like Facebook and Twitter to resolve queries.
- The help desk operators can create a workflow to track the status of the tickets like allotted, routed, or canceled. This feature ensures nothing gets lost and therefore the entire customer interactions are on track.
- The localized admin interface of Zendesk is available in over 40 local languages.
- You can localize the help center contents, so they can be displayed in a different language as stated.
Zendesk provides a free trial for users. While their pricing model is based on subscriptions starting from $19 per month.
LiveAgent is a help desk software designed to help businesses handle customer inquiries and support through multiple channels. They provide the customers with offline support portal services and solutions such as a knowledge base and customer portal. LiveAgent is fully-featured help desk software that assists you to bring personalization to your customer intercommunications with an all-in-one help desk solution.
Equipped with 180+ support features you’ll be able to link every channel with support inputs like Facebook comments, Tweets, contact forms, and many more. The benefits of LiveAgent include its extensive integrations, customizable architecture, and inherent interface.
LiveAgent harnesses the power of an omnichannel universal inbox, real-time live chat, built-in call center, and a robust customer service portal. You can personalize your communication by taking advantage of their customer segmentation, automation, and built-in CRM. They also provide a powerful analytics package as well as a customer knowledge base.
- Ticketing – Tickets serve as communication tapes among customers and support agents. The software includes all emails, phone calls, Facebook chats internal notes, and other types of data related to the customer.
- Customer Portals – The businesses would acknowledge the added tools for collecting feedback, driving ideas for future development, and supporting customers 24/7.
- Built-in Live Chat – LiveAgent has developed its built-in solution for customers not to rely on a third-party chat. Adding a live chat characteristic to a website provides real-time convenience to customers. Furthermore, it also increases leads and sales by providing customers with immediate access to answers.
- Customized Reports – In the reports field, agents can find everything from usage statistics and production reports all the way to customer satisfaction ratings and outgoing communications, chats, and calls.
- You can have chat-style support with all customer communications organized into one thread.
- It supports email, chat, voice, feedback forms, social networks, and many more.
- Among its multiple advantages, LiveAgent gives a full view of what customers type in their chatbox so, you will be ready to respond when they finish.
- There are rules to automatically assign tickets to departments or agents.
- The service-level arrangements and business hours support.
- You can even add custom CRM fields to connections to keep track of everything.
- You can integrate your business with Mailchimp, Highrise, AWeber, Google Analytics, and 50+ more.
LiveAgent has 4 pricing plans for each business. Starting with a free plan and also a free trial for 14 days.
The ticket plan starts from $15 per month per agent. All the plans do provide a free trial. The ticket+chat plan starts from $29 whereas an all-inclusive plan starts from $39 per month.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Knowledge Base Software?
Knowledge base software is a tool that helps organizations and individuals to build a knowledge base for the services offered to their customers. They not only resolve customer queries but also organize commonly asked questions, documents, tutorials, and other information in a required format.
A knowledge base is like an online library designed to answer user problems and queries. All that is required is to feed this automated system with the answer to questions, guides, documentation of the process, and more.
Here is the list of advantages a knowledge base tool offers:
- Allows you to get constant feedback from your customers
- Automates your customer and employee onboarding
- Provide translation and language support to multiple languages.
- Consume less time than contacting the sale rep.
- Consistent service provides an increase in customer satisfaction.
- Offers a professional self-service mechanism and keeps the system updated.
What Features You Should Look at in Knowledge Base Software?
Here are some of the essential features you should consider while purchasing a knowledge base software.
1. Interactive User Interface
Any software you choose has to be easy for you and your team to use. The dashboard should provide easy navigation to manage and edit guides and articles.
2. Feedback and Analytics
The software should allow you to collect customer feedback to estimate what is performing better than other articles. This will help you to update the information of the article constantly and provide better customer service.
Apart from this, the tool should provide analytics such as search results, views per article or document, and more. Moreover, it should support integration with data visualization tools and Google Analytics for detailed reports.
3. Internal Search Engine
An easy-to-use search engine in the knowledge base allows faster access to information for the users. The desired keywords will allow the audience to navigate to information on queries instantly.
It should also be able to figure out the user intent of the search even if one or two words are wrong in the search box.
4. SEO Optimization
The knowledge base platform should provide SEO-optimized manuals and knowledge bases like any other normal SEO tool. This optimization includes optimized meta tags, titles, high search engine ranking, mobile optimization, and more.
Other standard features to look at are content management, reporting, marketing automation, social media management, etc.
5. Category Management
All knowledge base platforms should provide easy navigation by correctly organizing the information. Moreover, you should be able to categorize data and folders for the users to make it accessible easily.
Hence, this will ultimately help you to update and track data constantly in the articles.
6. System Backup
Always take a knowledge base software that provides data backup options so that data never gets lost. This will also help you see past written articles for future reference purposes.
Best Knowledge Base Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best knowledge base software to use this year. I will keep updating the list with other knowledge base platforms available in the market.
Nowadays, customers prefer to find answers through FAQs and self-service options available to them rather than customer support. According to Gartner, billions of service queries will be generated automatically by customer-owned bots.
Therefore, investing in good knowledge base software is crucial in the long run. These knowledge management solutions are suitable for large-scale companies, SaaS products, small and medium businesses, and more having an online presence.
Which knowledge base software are you planning to use? Let me know in the comment section below.
More from Smashitbuck: Do check out my other articles on the best OKR app, free link shortner, and royalty free pictures to read this year.