Extreme volatility in buying and selling of cryptos is very tough especially as it is vulnerable to global events happening around the world. Without informed decisions, there are high chances of you losing the crypto game. Therefore, to make things more predictable and stable crypto portfolio trackers were born.
These tools allow you to monitor and manage a basket of cryptocurrencies floating in the crypto market. Moreover, they offer investment decisions and help you track your invested cryptos on a real-time basis.
Furthermore, they allow you to track your crypto portfolio whether it’s growing or shrinking using their advanced reporting mechanism implemented in their platform.
However, choosing the best crypto portfolio tracker is a tough decision as it’s based on multiple factors such as the size of the investment, conversion charges, and more.
So In this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best crypto portfolio trackers based on their number of cryptocurrency support, integrations, conversion rates, customer care, and more.
So let’s get started.
What are the Best Crypto Portfolio Trackers?
Here is the list of the top crypto portfolio trackers you can use for your cryptocurrencies this year.
Kubera is one of the world’s most modern net worth trackers. You simply get your balance sheet and can track stock and crypto portfolios. Additionally, it supports global banks, brokerages, currencies, and much more.
Given that, it is no longer just stocks, bonds, and real estate spread across multiple places. Kubera helps you track assets like crypto, private investments, alternative investments, foreign investments, loans to family/friends, collectibles, trademarks, and other digital assets altogether.
Kubera helps you organize all your wealth in one place and keep regular track of your net worth very simply and intuitively. It also ensures the safe transfer of this information to your beneficiary. Based on geography and financial institutions, Kubera will certainly pick the best aggregator.
- Accurate IRR: Kubera calculates an accurate rate of return (IRR) for all your investments based on the multiple contributions and withdrawals and the time invested.
- Performance Recap: See a snapshot of how your portfolio totals and allocations have changed over time. Every day, week, month, quarter, and year in pure numbers.
- Convenient Access: You can send a read-only link to your portfolio to your investment advisor, CPA, estate and financial planner, or spouse.
- Dead Man’s Switch: Kubera has an automated ‘Life Beat Check’ that can sense extended periods of account inactivity and hence, send your portfolio to your beneficiary.
- It has storage for your important financial or asset documents.
- Kubera gives real-time updates on the values.
- It’s as easy as entering data in a spreadsheet.
- They support all major currencies.
Kubera offers the following two plans:
- Kubera Personal: $150 per year
- Kubera Institutional: As per Quotation
2. Coin Market Manager
CoinTracker basically makes cryptocurrency portfolio tracking and tax compliance simple. Besides cryptocurrency, they are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets. Its mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of the world.
As much as 3% of the global cryptocurrency market cap is tracked on CoinTracker (over $50B of crypto assets are synced to CoinTracker daily). Therefore, coin tracker enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolios, investment performance, taxes, and more.
Kubera is backed by investors like Coinbase, Combinator, Accel, etc. It easily syncs wallets and prepares ITR forms. It is one of the most widely used Crypto Portfolio Trackers thus, over 1million+ users trust Kubera.
- Financial Benefits: CoinTracker automatically optimizes cost-basis accounting methods and enables you to tax-loss harvest your portfolio to save thousands per year.
- Tax Compliant: It helps you become fully compliant with cryptocurrency tax rules. Meanwhile, download your tax reports in minutes and file them with TurboTax accounting software or your accountant.
- Mobile app: Their mobile app empowers users to keep an eye on their portfolio and crypto prices. Hence, you never lose track of your assets, no matter where you are.
- Privacy: You can delete all your account data at any time for any reason. As a matter of fact, it deletes all your wallets, exchanges, transactions, trade history, and all other information.
- Get your crypto and bitcoin taxes done in minutes.
- It takes into account net deposits and net withdrawals as well.
- CoinTracker updates pricing multiple times per hour.
- Their website traffic runs entirely over encrypted SSL.
Apart from the free trial plan, Coin Tracker offers the following three options:
- Hobbyist: $9 per year
- Premium: $32 per year
- Unlimited: Quote-based
3. Delta Exchange
Delta Exchange is a crypto derivatives exchange and supports the trading of Bitcoin futures and futures on over 50 top Defi coins and altcoins. The exchange also offers Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, Link, and BCH options.
Additionally, Delta lists a wide array of innovative derivative contracts that include DeFi Index futures, interest rate swaps, calendar spread contracts, and MOVE options (straddles that can be used to speculate on volatility).
Delta Exchange has enterprise-level security and stores crypto in multi-sig wallets, managed and/or hosted by reputed custody solutions providers such as Curv and BitGo. For additional security, they process withdrawals only once a day with a manual review.
- Institutional-Grade Exchange: Powerful matching engine complemented by an intuitive interface, advanced order types, and lightning-fast APIs.
- 24/7 Support: Dedicated trader-tested support team that’s available 24/7/365 across multiple channels.
- Innovative Products: Trade futures, options, and interest rate swaps on bitcoin and over 50 altcoins, with around 100x leverage.
- Insurance Funds: An insurance fund comes into play when they are unable to close a position in liquidation before its bankruptcy price is breached.
- Delta Exchange is certainly the fastest-growing cryptocurrency derivatives exchange.
- They offer high liquidity for Bitcoin and Altcoin futures.
- Delta Exchange offers standard maker rebates.
- Bitcoin futures available on the Delta Exchange offer up to 100x leverage.
Delta Exchange charges different trading fees, like settlement fees, maker fees, etc. These charges are percentage-based. Given these points, the bifurcation is mentioned on the website.
Crypto is taxed in the same way as gold and real estate. When you sell or trade crypto, you have to pay tax on the difference between the selling price and the purchase price. This is known as a “Capital Gains Tax” and it has to be paid in most countries.
Koinly is in active development, meaning new features are added regularly, so if there is something you have been longing for in a crypto tracker, now is your chance to get it. Moreover, Koinly automatically imports your transactions.
The vision behind Koinly is to make it easier to track, analyze, and generate reports on your cryptocurrency. Moreover, all this without ever touching your private keys or other sensitive data. Thus, if blockchain is the replacement for banks, Koinly is the replacement for the bank’s UI.
- Data Import: No more going back and forth between different accounts and wallets. Just sync your data to Koinly and get a complete picture of all your trading activity.
- Tax Calculator: It assists everyone, like a taxpayer looking to get a crypto tax report, a business looking to track inventory, or an accountant working with loads of transactions.
- Crypto Tax Reports: Preview your capital gains and taxes for free. Generate tax documents when you are ready.
- Error Reconciliation: Say goodbye to absurd gains and inaccurate tax reports. As has been noted, Koinly is packed with tools to help you find problems with your transactions.
- You can generate and download an unlimited number of reports.
- They have a never-ending free trial that you can use to try Koinly.
- Koinly supports all countries that use Average Cost, FIFO, LIFO, HIFO, etc.
- They accept all kinds of payments, like Bitcoins, credit cards, or debit cards.
Koinly offers the following three plans apart from the free trial plan:
- Newbie: $49 per tax year
- Holder: $99 per tax year
- Trader: $179 per tax year
So now let’s cover some basics.
What is Crypto Portfolio Tracker?
A Crypto portfolio tracker is basically a tool that allows you to track the value of the basket of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Bat, and more.
They provide you with a real-time worth of your cryptocurrencies in a much simplified and easy manner. Apart from that, they track incoming and outgoing blockchain transactions to give you a complete picture of your crypto account.
What features you should look for in a Crypto Tracker?
There are multiple features offered by the Crypto Portfolio tracker to its users. Some of them are listed below to give you some insights on that:
1. Ease of use
Dealing with multiple cryptocurrencies can be a real pain to manage as the crypto market is fast and not very stable. Therefore, having a crypto tracker helps you in dealing with multiple portfolios a lot easier.
However, you should look for an application that imports the data seamlessly and does not have too many bugs and glitches in the process.
2. Different Device Synchronization
One of the key advantages of having a good crypto portfolio tracker is that it syncs your data across multiple devices. Moreover, a more accessible crypto portfolio management app increases your chances of making decisions more frequently.
However, you need to ensure that the application takes regular backups and is synced with the cloud to provide the right crypto tracking of your portfolio.
3. Third-Party Integrations
The best cryptocurrency tracker is the one that allows you to integrate third-party tools and reports into it. This allows you to access various APIs from different exchanges to download all your financial history of crypto trading.
Moreover, it should use a Defi aggregator that can bring several trades performed at different platforms together.
4. SMS and Email Alerts
Another amazing feature of using a crypto portfolio tracker is that it provides an alert mechanism whenever a certain set threshold is reached. These alerts can be set on a certain price point of cryptocurrency or on trending cryptocurrencies in the market.
These are relatively inexpensive and help you not miss the opportunity to make a profit from market volatility. Furthermore, it can also work as a stop-loss mechanism if things do not turn out the way you want.
5. Backup and Security
Always look for an application that provides a multi-factor authentication enabled so that it is not easy for hackers to access your data.
Moreover, make sure that data backup is provided in whichever device you are using the application for trading cryptocurrencies.
6. Customer Support
Customer support is crucial in whichever application you use to trade cryptocurrencies. They allow you to resolve any problem or technical glitches that can occur while importing data or tracking or trading cryptocurrencies.
The best crypto portfolio tracker company is one that has fast support team responses to any query raised by the users.
7. Cross-Platform Compatibility
You should be able to access your application whether you are on an Android or iOS device. Moreover, it should also support the web version so can access the application from anywhere around the world.
Will some applications offer cloud storage for the data to access via browsers, some might require you to download and install them on your devices. Therefore, make sure to choose the one which is more suitable for you according to your requirements.
8. User Experience
There are constantly new updates getting released from the crypto portfolio trackers to enhance the interoperability of the application. Moreover, they offer a lot of customization to the users to filter the necessary data they require from the platform.
This ability to customize the dashboard and get the information you want in your format makes it a powerful trading tool for crypto traders.
9. Filing Crypto Tax Returns
As an Investor, you need to keep track of all your gains and losses from cryptocurrencies for tax purposes. If you find the application you are using does not support crypto taxes then you might have to switch to a crypto tax software integration application.
This will ensure that you do not overpay or underpay your taxes because you overlooked this feature.
10. Multiple Crypto Exchange Support
Another crucial feature a crypto portfolio tracker should have is the number of crypto exchanges supported on the platform.
This is important as some gaming cryptocurrencies are traded at specific crypto exchanges while others only give permission to access data across multiple platforms. Therefore, having a crypto tracker platform supporting every type of market exchange helps you in consolidating your portfolio in one place.
11. Multiple CryptoCurrency Support
More the number of cryptocurrencies supported in your platform the better your chances to make a profit out of the crypto market.
Moreover, these portfolio trackers also make the process of buying the NFTs a lot easier compared to other platforms.
12. CryptoCurrency News
Last and one of the important features of a crypto portfolio management platform is to provide cryptocurrency news on individual currencies as well as a general industry trend.
This is very important since cryptocurrencies are largely influenced by social media trends and therefore are highly volatile. Staying informed is the best way to avoid any potential losses and keep making a profit from the crypto market.
Best Crypto Portfolio Trackers – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best crypto portfolio trackers to use for your business this year. I will keep updating the list with other good crypto portfolio trackers available in the market.
The point in investing your time in the best crypto portfolio trackers is that they offer real-time investment strategies along with alerts on cryptocurrencies’ value. This will help you be prepared and gain an advantage over the moving averages in the crypto market.
Therefore, do go through the above list to make a wise decision and check which platform is best suitable for your crypto investment journey.
More from Smashitbuck: Do check out my other articles on the CDP data platform, online legal, and drop shipping vendors to read this year.