Selecting the best WordPress theme is crucial for not only building customer loyalty but also for Google SEO. Gone are the days when people used to start developing and coding web pages for their blogs from scratch.
Today most successful business blogs are powered by WordPress due to the powerful features offered by its platform. However, to run a blog you need a WordPress theme which is basically the design layout structure of your website.
Now the question is which themes are best for the blog when it comes to user-friendliness and performance for the customers.
To make your decision easier I have ranked and reviewed the best WordPress theme for a business blog based on its performance, features, pricing, support, integrations, page builders, and more.
So let’s get started.
What are the Best WordPress Themes for Business?
Here is the list of my top WordPress themes to use for your business blog this year.
Astra is developed by Brainstorm Force and is one of the lightweight and fastest WordPress themes that focus on performance.
Speed is one of the important Google Ranking factors and also important for the affiliate conversions you want. It is the fastest WordPress theme when compared to other available themes in the market.
Moreover, the great thing about Astra is that it allows you to customize how everything looks on a page-by-page basis. Plus, Astra allows you to choose from more than 100+ beautiful website design templates to help you get started quickly.
Astra theme is primarily used by online shops, businesses, blogs, and portfolio websites.
- Page Builder Integrations – Astra offers support to multiple page builders such as Gutenberg, Brizy, Divi Builder, Elementor, WP Bakery, and Thrive Architect.
- Free Plugins – Astra provides a range of free plugins to cover extended functionalities often required in the theme like search customization, custom hooks, sidebar manager, etc.
- Page-level Customization – This allows you to customize each and every page differently without any strings attached to other pages.
- A lightweight Theme structure allows faster loading of the website.
- Offers multiple third-party page builder integrations to design pages.
- Allows you to customize the design on a page-to-page basis.
- Provides amazing features like a sticky header, blog postcards, author bio box, related post templates, and more.
- Provides multiple support plugins to cover extended functionalities like social media widgets, search customizer, custom fonts, hook editor, and more.
- Limited functionalities are offered in the free version.
Astra provides three packages for purchasing their theme besides their free version.
- Astra Pro – $47 per year or $249 lifetime (Supports Unlimited Websites)
- Essential Plan – $169 per year or $499 lifetime (Supports Unlimited Websites)
- Growth Plan – $249 per year or $699 lifetime (Supports Unlimited Websites)
You can use the code GrowWithAstra to get an additional 20% discount on your favorite plan.
GeneratePress is one of the most popular WordPress themes that provide a range of extensive features. The company focuses on balancing the features and performance that it offers in its theme.
GeneratePress offers an extensive library of professionally designed websites to its users to help them get started quickly. Apart from this the theme also provides a basic SEO optimization tool required for ranking in Google.
GeneratePress is primarily used by online shops, businesses, blogs, and portfolio websites.
- Page Builder – GeneratePress offers a theme builder that provides simplified Dynamic Block Elements to create complex designs easily.
- Styling Controls – Offers a wide range of options like colors, spacing and background image controls, typography, and canvas among others.
- Off-canvas Panel – Provides a lightweight slide-out or overlay off-canvas panel for all devices.
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers more flexibility & controls to your WooCommerce store.
- Provides copyright control, Import/export features, smooth scrolling, and more.
- Offers functionality like Advanced Hook System, Advanced Layout System, Infinite Scroll, canvas panel, and more.
- Lack of drag and drop support with page builders
GeneratePress provides two paid plans for its customers besides their free version.
- Yearly Plan – $59 per annum
- Lifetime Plan – $249
Divi is a multipurpose theme provided by Elegant themes built for any type of website you might want to build with WordPress. They offer their own Divi Builder to help you build your website design along with Divi Library having 800+ starter templates.
What is amazing about the Elegant themes is that they are very proactive in communicating any changes in WordPress that might affect their theme. The drag-and-drop feature of the Divi builder is pretty easy to understand and work with.
Divi is primarily used by online shops and businesses for their blogs.
- Divi Library – This feature allows you to save and manage unlimited custom designs. Moreover, you can transfer the elements from one page to another page or from one website to another.
- Responsive Editing – Divi page builder allows you to toggle between the mobile, tablet, and desktop views.
- Updates and Maintenance – Elegant themes is very proactive when it comes to updates about any changes in WordPress. This makes sure that your theme does not crash due to any new update published by WordPress (Ex. Gutenberg)
- Record Revision – Divi allows you to revert, redo or undo a previous version.
- Portability – One of the key features of Divi is you can easily export elements or pages from one page to another or from one website to another.
- Elegant Themes provides 24/7 support via forums and is supported by a robust community.
- Allows you to easily export entire page layouts and website elements.
- You do not require any coding skills like CSS or PHP to design the page thanks to its visual editor
- Divi offers 800+ pre-made designs and 100+ full website packs for free.
- You have full control over functionalities like drop and text shadows, advanced code editing, filters, transform effects, border options, shape dividers, text styling, hover effects, and even animations
- Easy export options to transfer your content from one website to another one.
- Too many customization options can be overwhelming
- Difficult to transfer content built from Divi Builder
Divi provides two plans for its theme besides its free version.
- Yearly Plan – $89 per annum
- Lifetime Plan – $249
So now let’s cover the basics.
What are the benefits of using a WordPress Theme?
There are a lot of benefits of using the WordPress Theme but here are some key ones.
- Affordability – The key reason for choosing a WordPress theme is the time and cost involved in developing a particular website from scratch. Plus, buying themes nowadays has become inexpensive thanks to a massive surge of users using WordPress.
- Maintenance – Another reason for choosing the best WordPress Theme is that it eliminates the maintenance hassles involved in custom-designed pages. Additionally, you need not need to worry about the version updates and changing W3C standards as they are getting updated with the theme. Moreover, many hosting providers offer a managed WordPress Hosting solution that further reduces the complexity of managing WordPress.
- User-Friendly – The biggest challenge for a custom-designed website is to decide on customer experience from scratch which is time-consuming. Today many WordPress themes come with a wide of starter templates to get started quickly without much brainstorming from your side.
- Customization – It is relatively easy to customize a paid theme rather than designing all the way from scratch. Moreover, new themes offer extended modules that can be integrated anytime with the theme further reducing the time to make design changes.
- Mobile-Friendly – Another big challenge that comes with the custom development of software is to make sure that all the pages are mobile responsive. This gets a lot more complex as more design changes are involved on a different page. Having a WordPress theme eliminates this hassle as it is built on a standard repeatable structure with the flexibility to edit individual pages you want later.
Best WordPress Themes – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best WordPress themes you can use for your business this year. I will keep updating the list with more relevant business WordPress themes available in the market.
Make sure you go through each and every available theme and research whether the theme is suitable for the niche idea your business is targeting. This is because switching themes later can be litter tricky and complex to implement.
You can always go with the free version of the theme but if you have some budget then I recommend starting with a paid theme as it will reduce your time for designing beautiful web pages.
Furthermore, if you are looking for performance and want your site to load fast for your audience then I would recommend Astra. However, If you are looking for good customer support and extensive features for your blog then Divi is the one to go for.
Which WordPress themes you are using for your blog? Let me know in the comment section below.