Warehouse management systems have become the backbone of today’s thriving eCommerce business. A successful eCommerce business is one that has smooth supply chain management.
The solution syncs with problems such as order fulfillment, inventory management, and removing process redundancy. However, it is important to know which software is best suitable for your business and how efficient can it be.
So in this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best warehouse management system based on its pricing, features, scalability, ease of use, support, third-party integrations, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Warehouse Management System?
Here is the list of the best Warehouse Management software systems to get your warehouse pumping and running effortlessly this year.
1. Oracle Warehouse Management Cloud
Oracle Warehouse Management Cloud (WMS) is the industry’s leading cloud warehouse management system. It transforms warehouse operations to meet the trials of today’s demand-driven marketplace. They favorably manage complex fulfillment services and deliver total inventory visibility, from the shipping center to the store shelf.
Oracle WMS Cloud unites the speed and savings of the cloud with the best warehouse management and fulfillment capacities. Oracle WMS Cloud extends the supply series to align inventory management and fulfillment services with modern procuring systems.
It enables consumers to organize, optimize and streamline warehouse capacity, boost productivity, increase accuracy, and decrease inventory costs.
- Modern Warehousing: Inventory prices can be minimized through warehouse accuracy, lower protection stock levels, and real-time inventory visibility. This can improve labor productivity with comprehensive support for material handling units and system-directed activities.
- Warehouse Intelligence: Real-time operational review is available through smart dashboards.
- Workforce Management: It helps consumers average the task completion time and evaluate productivity by work group and area, process type, and cost center.
- 3PL Support: Third-party logistics providers can profit from the features crafted particularly for their unique needs.
- Cross Docking: Warehouses that perform cross-docking can cut down on material approaches by reducing unnecessary put-aways. These methods can be executed on an as-needed basis or designed ahead of time.
- Cloud-based systems allow enterprises to avoid closing down for upgrades and implement a secure place for document storage that cannot be damaged during unforeseen interruptions.
- WMS streamlines daily warehousing assignments, so consumers can create an optimized warehouse stage while improving product picking, packing, and shipping accuracy.
- The built-in combinations for material handling services and tools can support automation and complex fulfillment procedures.
- The reporting and analytics tools help consumers create, edit and accomplish reports for external and internal requirements.
Oracle Warehouse Management Systems does not provide a free trial. The Enterprise edition of WMS starts with $50 per month per 1000 warehouse transactions.
Meanwhile, the Workforce Management and Business Intelligence editions have prices starting with $10 per month per 1000 warehouse transactions.
2. Fishbowl Warehouse
Fishbowl Warehouse has been the industry’s #1 warehouse management system. It is an amalgamation of manufacturing and warehouse management solutions that are created for small and midsize companies. They streamline many supply chain-focused methods that include improving manufacturing and asset tracking.
Fishbowl’s software allows you true inventory command, no more spreadsheets, stock-outs, or hand counts. It concentrates on simplification and innovation to help you have true development. Fishbowl Warehouse allows consumers to integrate with Quickbooks, ShipStation, Amazon, and more.
Fishbowl works with enforcement of all sizes looking to optimize their warehouse administration and solve inventory-specific concerns. It automates several production and inventory management concerns to optimize strategic portions of the supply chain. It centers on streamlining processes and conserving time across the board.
- Shipping Support: It allows consumers to print their own shipping labels. Mobile devices can be used to trace goods. It furthermore integrates with FedEx and UPS.
- Multi-Location Support: You can get an aloft view of a multi-location operation with sturdy management tools. You can monitor stock levels in multiple facilities, gain trend data across all transactions, and transfer products from one location to another to avoid shortages.
- Multiple Currencies: Fishbowl enables transactions that span the globe to convert currencies.
- Manufacturing Tools: The manufacturing product contains the industry’s preferred features, including high-level work orders, bills of materials, work order mechanization, lot tracking, and more.
- Reporting Features: It allows the consumer to gather data created by processes such as delivery and ordering. This gets converted into an accessible format.
- Fishbowl enables powerful integrations with Quickbooks, Xero, Shopify, Shipstation, and more.
- It supports consumers in many industries, including manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, goods management, and more. You can gain authority over inventory regardless of the business.
- You can get the needed features without any extra functions that only disarray the operations.
- Fishbowl streamlines matching purchase orders to original orders. Bits help keep consumers on top of the constant flow of products in and out of a warehouse.
- A few mistakes mean less wasted resources and more time spent operating on what matters.
- Fishbowl Go, the mobile app, can scan barcodes and perform cycle counts. Meanwhile, Fishbowl Commerce helps maintain inventory across e-commerce channels.
Fishbowl Warehouse provides consumers with a free trial. The one-time payment for the Fishbowl Warehouse Management System costs $4,395.
3. 3PL Warehouse Management
3PL Warehouse Management Software is a cloud-based warehouse management system designed for third-party logistics businesses. The tool helps to manage various customers, processes, and billing inventories. This software permits access to real-time information and grants integrations with warehouse management technologies, including EDI.
3PL offers complete visibility and automates routine tasks for easy management. It implements a small parcel shipping order that creates seamless working movements to optimize warehouse efficiency by cutting down on manual and paper methods. It serves enterprises like logistics, manufacturing, distribution, and more.
The software implements feature like intuitive user design and a logistics-focused warehouse management module. They are allowing consumers to easily add and remove users and products.
The software is designed to help logistic people satisfy the consumer’s need for updated information and boost profits through process mechanization. 3PL Warehouse Manager integrates with QuickBooks which allows its users to synchronize items.
- SmartScan: 3PL provides mobile scanning functionality to improve potency, accuracy, and visibility.
- SmartPack: You can optimize shipping prep-time and streamline packaging with scan, bind, and verify means using a scanner. Record outbound serial numbers, and verify lot quantities, serial numbers, and expiration dates for each item to enhance productivity.
- Billing Automation: It provides built-in billing mechanization that helps the system calculate split-month billing and recurrent monthly storage fees.
- SmartDock Scheduling: You can enable carriers to register or change appointments via a self-service gateway, saving time on manual-related appointments like calls and emails.
- Permission Management: Segment inventory, reporting, and accounting for each consumer or employee exclusively. It furthermore provides visibility access via a permission-based web portal.
- 3PL provides a paperless warehouse. The web-based mobile scanning app automatically modernizes directly from the warehouse floor to the final facility.
- Small parcel shipping can print shipping labels in real-time for logistics, such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, Mail Innovation, and USPS.
- It provides real-time information to customers and employees for every order, item level, location, and delivery.
- You can integrate with CRM, ERP, e-commerce platforms, and more to streamline work methods.
3PL provides a two-way pricing model structure. You can either opt for a flat rate or per item rate. Their Individual plan charges $0.99 per item sold, while the Professional plan costs $39 per month with no limits on the number of items sold.
4. Aptean Catalyst WMS
Catalyst WMS by Aptean is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline composite supply chains and shipping networks. Furthermore, with demand-driven fulfillment requirements. It is a rule-based customizable workflow that automates business processes.
Aptean WMS is fit for businesses in wholesale distribution. Additionally, food and beverage, drug, healthcare, third-party shipping, automotive and aftermarket parts, publishing, metals, and more. The software is available on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices. Furthermore, includes integration with various ERP solutions, CRM program, MRP, and bookkeeping software.
Catalyst WMS caters to multi-company, multi-site, and multi-channel businesses. The production dashboards provide real-time perceptibility of all people, processes, and products as they progress throughout the warehouse floor.
- Receiving and Put away: You can mark receiving against advanced shipping notices, purchase, and manufacturing orders. Accept ASNs and inbound data on shipments.
- Order Fulfilment and Picking: You are enabled to choose from a wide range of pick types such as voice picking, paper picking, RF picking, and material handling equipment.
- Loading and Shipping: Print customer- and carrier-compliant transportation paperwork, combine shipping containers, and maximize cube utilization to decrease overall freight charges.
- Inventory and Workload Management: You can ensure maximum potency with task interleaving.
- Advanced Cross dock Planning: Migrate received product straight from the receiving dock to the shipping dock, improving employee productivity and maximizing accommodation and time-efficiency by comparing product arriving at the warehouse with the product scheduled to leave.
- Supplier Quality Management: You can track supplier efficiency with electronic auditing. This permits the verification of supplier ASN processes and data precision.
- It allows you to minimize travel time and improve productivity. With the automatic measurement of an optimal route for the formation of a set of pickups and deliveries in a particular region.
- You can manage activities between the yard and the dock door. Support multiple yard zones, and optimize yard, dock, and warehouse production with real-time clarity into assets and inventory in the warehouse yard.
- Deploy, manage, monitor, and optimize the production of individual operators.
- You can align picking projects with order demands through flexible wave planning.
- It offers modules for labor administration, yard management, cross-docking, dynamic route planning, and transportation administration.
Catalyst WMS does not provide a free trial. They do not publish any pricing details on their website, for every business they have custom price quotes.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is a Warehouse Management System(WMS)?
A warehouse management system is a tool that automates and optimizes the warehouse operations happening daily. In simple words, it manages and controls the daily activities involved in your warehouse operations.
The software is designed to take care of things such as inventory management, pickup and shipping of orders, and returning process. Moreover, they often come in a suite with an ERP suite or as standalone software.
Basically, there are different types of working functionality provided by various WMS software. These capabilities often vary from barcode and RFID- based inventory management, supporting warehouse staff, processing, and supporting of staff.
This is to create more value for a specific business vertical and optimize their entire journey from warehouse to consumer more effectively. Besides, the WMS software is designed to reduce errors in the day-to-day processing activities of a warehouse.
Additionally, WMS software creates a paperless solution by providing workflow automation on every transaction.
What Features Do You Need in a Warehouse Management System?
Here are some important features that you should look for in a warehouse management system.
1. Integration with CRM and ERP systems
A WMS integration with ERP system and CRM is required to boost activities among different organization departments and help in real-time data tracking. This gives you the advantage of accessing all information related to inventory, orders, and customers in one place like any other sales management system.
The sales team benefits the most from this integration as it allows them to understand the backend scenario and handle customers accordingly.
2. Inventory Flow Management
WMS system that is equipped with barcode scanning and RF ID tag can easily control the flow of inventory within and outside of the warehouse. Moreover, they should ensure a smooth transition of pallets along with the packaging and shipment of goods.
You should look for other important features: cycle counting, cross-docking, and kitting.
3. Paperless Inventory Transfer
In this digital age paper-based transactions no longer hold an edge in the distribution market. A good WMS solution eliminates all forms of paper, provides frictionless inventory transfer options, and helps save the environment.
4. Secure Cloud-Based Solution
Remote work culture is forcing organizations now to look towards a distributed working environment. And to achieve this cloud-based solutions are critical as they not only ensure security but also access to data when employees need them.
Therefore, the cloud-based WMS that you choose should have a mobile-friendly interface on handheld devices. Moreover, they should enable managers to track warehouse operations seamlessly and on the go.
5. Third party Logistic support
Bringing third-party logistics providers to help maintain smooth running operations. It takes away the burden of handling operations at multiple warehouse locations for the businesses and thus saves time.
To further enhance the integration your WMS should provide tracking of trucks and tools for transport analysis.
6. Secure Data Backups
Due to climate change, there can be unexpected calamities such as floods, fires, and more anytime. Moreover, there are also cyber-attacks that can strike your digital infrastructure at any moment.
Therefore, it is important that your WMS takes automatic backups of real-time warehouse data regularly. This ensures that the warehouse operations are not affected by any unexpected event.
7. Labor Management Support
Labor management helps you track your employee performance and provide special provisions for them. Therefore, it is mandatory for your WMS to provide features supporting this such as GPS-based on-road tracking, log in and log out, and other similar stuff.
Also, your WMS should offer a multi-channel support mechanism via chat, phone, or email to address any concerns.
8. Interactive User Interface
WMS capabilities are useless if its user interface is not easy for your employees to operate it. It unnecessarily increases the time to learn the software and hence decreases productivity.
Therefore, WMS should reduce training time and costs to make software easier to adapt.
9. Real-time Tracking and Analysis
The warehouse management system should be able to provide a precise tracking mechanism to manage order flow. Moreover, it should be able to generate reports of warehouse activities based on multiple performance parameters.
This help key stakeholders to understand whether there the capacity is underutilized or overutilized and optimize activities.
Best Warehouse Management System – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best warehouse management systems to use this year. I will keep updating the list with other warehouse management platforms available in the market.
The above list covers software that can be used by large enterprises as well as by small and medium enterprises. However, it ultimately depends on your business requirements and budget which is a good choice for you.
Make sure that you research all the options available and then make the final decision on the best warehouse management system you can go for.
What warehouse management software are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.