Selecting the best VPS hosting is a little bit more sophisticated than choosing shared web hosting. They offer a ton of different features and functionalities than the shared one.
VPS Hosting is the upgraded version of shared hosting services. Instead of having 50 users on a single server, VPS has around 4-5 users with complete control over OS functionalities.
In my experience choose the best VPS option only if you know you are in a high-growth startup or implementing complex functionalities. It’s perfect for custom-made websites using Laravel, Angularjs, Python, etc, or if you are implementing REST services.
So based on my knowledge and development experience I have ranked and reviewed the best VPS hosting providers so you can make an informed decision.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best VPS Hosting?
Here are my picks for the best hosting VPS
Best high memory VPS plans ($59 per month)
LiquidWeb is best known to offer the best managed VPS hosting plan. It comes with mitigating risks, 24/7 customer support to monitor servers and optimize performance. And all the top VPS hosting plans provide 10TB bandwidth.
Also, you should know that LiquidWeb only charges for those days when you have used its hosting service. Plus, it’s very handy to cancel a subscription in between.
LiquidWeb VPS Business offers :
- Cloudflare CDN
- Integrated firewall
- DDoS attack protection
- Unlimited sites with InterWorx equipped with centralized hosting management
- Plesk and cPanel are available
- Root Access
- ServerSecure advanced security
- Dedicated IP Address
Note: Auto-scaling is absent if you order VPS. This helps you save a lot of money if you don’t have many traffic fluctuations.
Key Hosting Features of LiquidWeb :
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) – It promises 59 minutes of response time for the live chat, phone, and help desk. They replace any malfunctioning hardware within 30 minutes if the issue is detected. You will get ten times the length of your outage if the deadline is missed.
- High Disk Space – Its best storage VPS offers 200 GB SSD Disk Space for a 16 GB plan, the highest in VPS solutions.
- Speed-up Technologies – It provides high-end tools like Varnish, PHP 7, image optimization for faster page load, and Nginx.
Pros of LiquidWeb :
- Get 10 TB Bandwidth and up to 200 GB SSD Disk Space
- 24/7 customer support via email, live chat, and phone.
- Regular local backups and an Integrated firewall for absolute data security.
- Apart from the cPanel, it also offers the choice of InterWorx and Plesk Web Pro
Cost Breakdown :
- 2 GB RAM: $59 per month
- 4 GB RAM: $99 per month
- 8 GB RAM: $139 per month
- 16 GB RAM: $189 per month
These are annual plans, for monthly plans you have to pay more. Plus, its most powerful VPS 16 GB RAM plan comes with specifications like 10 TB Bandwidth, 8 vCPU, and 200 GB SSD Disk Space.
Best for unlimited bandwidth ($10 per month)
DreamHost is a Los Angeles-based hosting service provider that provides the most reliable VPS hosting plans, starting from $10 per month. They provide wholly managed updates, performance, and security.
Plus, it offers SSDs, a user-friendly custom control panel, SSL, email, and unlimited domains. Additionally, it provides unlimited bandwidth to handle the extra traffic.
You also get 240 GB SSD Storage and up to 8 GB RAM (with its most premium plan). Therefore, it’s considered to be one of the best hosting for VPS.
DreamHost VPS Platform offers :
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Unlimited SFTP Users
- Choose between Nginx or Apache
- Secure Shell (SSH) Access
- Unlimited SFTP Users
- And more
Key Hosting Features of DreamHost :
- Subversion Repository (SVN) – It enables teamwork on the same website or web app. That means there will be minimum conflict when it comes to task management. No doubt that it should get the title of best SEO VPS for this.
- Unlimited MySQL Databases – It offers an optimized MySQL database with the pre-configured best VPS panel options.
- Sub Account and Reseller Features – Create unlimited sub-accounts to manage FTP, clients, billing, contractor website access, etc
Pros of DreamHost :
- The premium plan offers 240 GB SSD storage, up to 8 GB RAM, unlimited websites, etc.
- Get access to Cron Job to automate command-line tasks.
- It offers managed updates via performing automated installations of OS updates, PHP releases, WordPress updates, and security patches.
- Provide password-protected directories with crucial contents for “members only” access.
Cost Breakdown :
DreamHost offers four VPS hosting plans:
- Basic VPS: Starting at $10 per month (for new & small websites)
- Business VPS: Starting at $20 per month (for small businesses)
- Professional VPS: Starting at $40 per month (for resource-intensive sites)
- Enterprise VPS: Starting at $80 per month (for resource-intensive sites)
The VPS Enterprise plan offers 240 GB SSD Storage and up to 8 GB RAM. All the plans provide features like Unlimited Traffic, Unlimited Websites, Unlimited Email @ Your Domain, and Free SSL Certificates.
3. InMotion Hosting
Best flexible VPS hosting pricing plans ($29.99 per month)
InMotion is one of the fastest VPS hosting platforms that offers two types of VPS hosting solutions, including Self-Managed Cloud VPS and Managed VPS Hosting.
The best-managed VPS hosting plans are suitable for business owners, resellers, and agencies. On the other hand, top cloud VPS hosting plans are ideal for developers and system administrators.
Both plans have Linux SSD VPS Hosting servers for faster speed, increased uptime, and better security. They also offer 24/7US-based tech support and free Launch Assist to help you launch your website. Additionally, you get a 90-day trial period with a 6,12, and 24 months plan.
Inmotion Hosting offers :
- Free SSDs
- Five cPanel accounts
- DDoS attack protection
- 10X faster NGINX
- CentOS software configurations
- An end-to-end cloud-powered infrastructure
- Server management
- WHM license
- and more
Key Hosting Features of InMotion Hosting :
- Web Hosting Manager and cPanel – Provides total control over your hosting with easy reselling to other potential buyers.
- LAMP Stack – Their LAMP stack feature will help you upgrade from your shared hosting to VPS Plan, create web applications and websites, and maintain familiarity.
- Burstable RAM – Handles abrupt spikes in traffic by dynamically increasing resource usage without going down.
Pros of InMotion Hosting :
- Use SSD servers to increase the load time by up to 20x.
- VPS plans offer up to 30 free cPanel and cPanel migrations with a limit of 5GB.
- It provides quick integration with Django, WordPress, Magento, Node.js, Java, and more.
- It offers one-click optimized configurations for WordPress and PHP to increase the speed by up to 10x.
Cost Breakdown :
InMotion hosting provides three recommended VPS hosting plans:
- VPS-1000HA-S: $29.99 per month
- VPS-2000HA-S: $49.99 per month
- VPS-3000HA-S: $83.99 per month
The premium plan provides 260GB of storage, 6TB Bandwidth, and up to 8GB of RAM. Other than this, InMotion offers Self-managed Cloud VPS starting from $5 for 25GB Storage, 1TB Bandwidth, and 1 GB RAM.
Now let’s cover the basics.
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server which provides more advanced features than shared hosting. It leverages virtualization technology to provide private/dedicated resources on a server with multiple users. This type of hosting methodology is mostly preferred by businesses.
Plus, VPS is a more secure and stable solution than shared hosting, where you get a chunk of dedicated resources on a server. It’s also cheaper than renting a full-blown server.
Additionally, the best VPS hosting with CPanel is suitable for medium-level traffic websites that a standard shared hosting plan can’t manage. While not leveraging the full hardware resources provided by a dedicated server.
What Are the Pros and Cons of VPS Hosting?
Most secure VPS hosting acts as a reliable bridge between dedicated and shared hosting plans. So let’s explore the potential pros and cons.
- You can customize VPS hosting whichever way you want.
- Instantly scale up the resources to handle an abrupt spike in traffic.
- Easily customize and pay for resources and features that you use.
- VPS provides full control like dedicated servers and is less expensive than dedicated hosting plans.
- More control over the virtual server in comparison to shared hosting plans
- It saves time on server management and hosting by providing fully managed services.
- Costlier than cheap shared web hosting plans.
- Sometimes, due to overselling by the web host, you might not get an accurate allocation of resources.
Best Cloud VPS Hosting – Final Conclusion
That wraps up my guide to the best VPS hosting companies. I will keep updating the list of good VPS providers.
Make sure that before buying any good VPS hosting plans, review their VPS server cloud features carefully.
For instance, Liquid Web is a suitable option for businesses that want hosting providers to sign SLA for absolute reliability. AccuWeb Hosting is suitable if you run a Forex Exchange website as it offers dedicated servers.
And Again, Weigh all of your options carefully before picking your VPS – and happy hosting.
Which VPS hosting service are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.
More from Smashitbuck: Check out our other articles on Youtube to mp3 converters, social media management tools, and direct mail services to use this year.