Whether you’re running an agency, marketing team, or SaaS product or you are a project manager everyone needs to be on the same page when it comes to working. This is where task management software comes into the picture.
According to statistics, time tracking and file sharing are the most important priorities companies look for in a task management solution. Basically, you need a task management app that assists you in things like timesheets, file sharing, assigning tasks to complete projects, and tracking objectives and key results quickly.
To help make your decision easier, I reviewed and ranked the best task management tools based on project management tools, key features, ease of use, pricing, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Task Management Software?
Here is the list of the best application for task management solutions to use this year.
Best For Kanban Boards (Starts from $9.99 Per Month).
Trello is a productivity platform that enhances team collaboration and gets more work done in a limited time. Its cards and boards organize your work and help you prioritize your urgent tasks.
Its timeline task management dashboard is popular for its straightforward, drag-and-drop interface. For instance, you can easily move or drag cards with allotted tasks from one section to another.
Moreover, it allows you to create various stages for your project at different project levels. You can give each card a name, set a due date, assign it to team members, and more.
Key Features of Trello:
- Information at Glance – Collaborate with your team by setting due dates & reminders, adding activities, creating different cards, and more.
- Third-party Integrations – Integration with applications like Dropbox and Slack lets you collaborate with your team.
- ‘Butler’ Built-in Automation Tool – Butler automates the entire task management process including setting reminders, calendar commands, and more.
Pros of Trello:
- Freemium plan with unlimited personal cards, lists, and boards.
- Easy file storage and file sharing.
- Drag-and-drop user interface.
- Ability to attach files and images to any card.
- It provides numerous templates for featured categories like business, marketing strategies, engineering, and so forth.
- Easy and straightforward process – just copy the templates, customize them, and start collaborating.
- Improves time management of your employees by reducing and segregating workload automatically.
Trello offers three different plans that include monthly or yearly subscriptions.
- Free: $0 per user per month.
- Business Class: $9.99 per user per month.
- Enterprise: $17.50 per user per month.
All the plans offer some standard functions like unlimited personal cards, lists, and boards.
Best For Simplicity and Ease of Use (Starts from $18 per month)
Teamwork is a small business task management platform that is growing in popularity thanks to its powerful but easy-to-use functionalities.
Its intuitive user interface allows business owners, agencies, professional services providers, and project managers to manage multiple complex projects easily. It is the best app for task management systems for businesses looking for task tracking tools having minimum learning curves.
Key Features of Teamwork:
- Project visualization is easy with marked calendars, set-up reporting, and Gantt charts.
- The time tracking feature allows you to track how long tasks are taking to plan accordingly.
- Instantly know what’s on track with dashboards, project health status updates, and board views.
- Its cloud-based task manager for work allows you to check all the workloads assigned to the teams and re-distribute them accordingly.
Pros of Teamwork:
- Excellent customer support.
- Easy to use, feature-rich, and flexible enterprise software.
- Free access to time tracking and invoicing for your clients.
- 30-day free trial.
Teamwork offers three different plans that include monthly or yearly subscriptions.
- Free Forever: Max 5 users and 2 Projects
- Pro: $12.50 per user if billed monthly, $10 per user (annually).
- Premium: $22.50 per user if billed monthly, $18 per user (annually).
- Contact Teamwork to discuss Enterprise pricing
Best Task Management Tool For Remote Teams ( Starts from $10.99 Per Month)
Asana is one of the best team task management software for small businesses that helps your team to manage your assignments, tasks, and projects online. Just like Trello, Asana provides a drag-and-drop interface to visualize your work.
Similarly, you can move through multiple stages of your project from start to end. Moreover, there is a ‘Timeline’ feature that helps you sync similar projects together.
Also, the timeline view shows how the pieces of the entire task fit within your team members. Additionally, you can automate these tasks to save time.
Key Features of Asana:
- Admin Controls – Admin control allows you to collaborate with vendors and control respective teams. It also lets you ensure that every member has access to the right task and information.
- Add Attachments – Add Dropbox images, files, and links in numerous formats to any task in a card.
- Tasks & Subtasks – Break down your task tracking into manageable pieces to show the entire project process.
- Visualize Your Work – Visualize your tasks using different formats like lists, calendars, boards, and timelines.
- Views & Reporting – Get automatic updates, monitor your tasks’ status, and see what’s happening across your entire business.
Pros of Asana:
- Create Gantt charts to visualize your tasks.
- Add comments on tasks to convey everything in detail.
- Ability to set admins and security controls.
- Collaborate with your team and invite guests securely.
- Integration with over 100 third-party tools under one dashboard.
Asana offers four different plans:
- Basic: $0.
- Premium: $10.99 per month billed annually.
- Business: $24.99 per month billed annually.
- Enterprise: Quote-based plan.
Both the paid plans come with a free-trial period.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Business Task Management Software?
Every project in existence includes multiple smaller tasks with different priorities. Managing, completing, and addressing all of these tasks makes a business run.
To put it simply, task management software is an online tool that assists you in managing tasks including time-tracking, scheduling and estimation, and team collaboration to push projects to completion.
Task management software should help businesses coherently execute their tasks and provide clarity in their planning process.
What Should You Look For in Task Management Software?
The requirements will vary for every business. For instance, the use of task management software for organization A may not be similar to organization B.
However, here are some of the essential features required.
- Free Trial – You don’t know which task tracking system is going to be best suitable for your business needs. Therefore, it makes sense to try out different options beforehand and get some experience.
- Third-Party Integration – Online task management software must provide seamless collaboration by extensive integrations of third-party applications.
- Seamless Collaboration – Management of tasks for any business demands collaboration. Thus, your simple task management tool should be able to share feedback, ideas, files, and more. It assists team members to keep track of tasks on the same page.
- Automation – It should be able to create automated workflows to improve time management and performance.
- Manage All Tasks On a Single Platform – The IT task management application should allow users to manage all the tasks on a single platform. Plus, you should be able to delegate tasks from your dashboard easily.
Best Task Tracking Software – Final Summary
All these best online task management tools can help you track your progress, organize, and collaborate with your team. I will keep updating the list with other good task management tools available in the market.
Moreover, you should focus on other critical elements before making a final decision. Additionally, make sure it’s flexible enough to adapt to your changing workflow in the future.
Which one of these top task management software are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.
More from Smashitbuck: To check out my articles on the business intelligence tools, community platforms, and how to make money on youtube to read this year.