Online survey tools began in the late 1990s and have come a long way since. After the pandemic, more and more surveys are getting conducted online and the trend is increasing.
Today, businesses are re-aligning their operations with the new reality and making necessary changes to stay ahead in the competition. They need to understand that customer satisfaction tools and website visitors are more important than ever before.
So what can you use survey software tools for?
There are a ton of options for bloggers, eCommerce companies, Saas, and online businesses including
- Performing market research
- Surveying customers to come up with product updates
- Sending employee satisfaction surveys
- Receiving product feedback
- Sending a questionnaire to come up with new content ideas
And the list goes on and on.
Now The question then becomes, which online survey software should you use?
To make your decision easier I have tested, reviewed, and ranked the best survey platforms for businesses based on ease of use, the depth of survey data, features, pricing, customer support, analysis tools, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Survey Software?
Here is my list of the best online survey platform to use this year.
Best Overall Online Survey Software ($28 per month).
SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular survey tools in the world. It makes data collection and survey design very seamless thanks to its easy-to-use tools.
It provides you the flexibility to ask up to 15 different types of questions, including interactive sliders, multiple-choice questions, and open comments. Plus, you can add questions written by experts to make your survey more effective.
Its best survey tools for small business also offers over 230 templates for different survey types.
Some of these templates include the following:
- Employees surveys.
- Healthcare surveys.
- Customer satisfaction survey.
- Market research surveys.
- and more
You can also customize its colors, fonts, designs, etc to align with your brand using its survey builder. They are mostly designed for beginners having no or little experience when it comes to surveying. The formats in which you can export your data include XLS, PPT, CSV, PDF, and SPSS. You can also share your results in the form of graphs and charts.
Key Features of SurveyMonkey:
- Extensive Support – SurveyMonkey’s support is responsive and helpful. You can contact them 24/7 by email, and their response time is under an hour.
- Pre-Built Questions – It offers a large pool of questions for your surveys. Its AI engine also offers appropriate questions based on your brand and content.
- Data Reporting Tools – Analyze the results with in-depth reports and graphical charts. You also get to study the data of respondents who answered more than once. It also changes the display of data reports to suit your needs.
Pros of SurveyMonkey:
- The templates are mobile-responsive.
- It also scores your survey form to estimate their success.
- Easily export raw data in an Excel or CSV File.
- It provides preview functionality to get an overview of the final version of the survey form.
- You can also send surveys to your customers through SMS.
- It redirects users to different web pages based on their responses.
SurveyMonkey offers seven pricing plans for both individuals and teams.
- Basic Plan: Free forever
- Standard Plan: $37 per month billed annually
- Advantage Plan: $32 per month billed annually
- Premier Plan: $99 per month billed annually
- Advantage Team Plan: $28 per month billed annually
- Premier Team Plan: $89 per month billed annually
- Enterprise Team Plan: Custom Plan
An enterprise plan enables you to apply advanced survey logic and take multilingual surveys.
2. Survey Anyplace
Great interactive questionnaires for quizzes, assessments, and surveys ($33 per month)
Survey Anyplace is one of the best questionnaire tools that create questionnaires and offer valuable insights to your audience. You also have numerous text options and choices to ask open-ended questions.
Apart from that, you can ask several types of questions, including ranking, rating questions, and image choices. To improve the engagement quotient, you can also include the final score, leaderboard, and quiz timer.
You can also integrate the on-site survey with Webhooks, Zapier, Google Analytics, and Facebook for powerful reporting.
Key Features of Survey Anyplace:
- Interactive Quiz – This feature provides pre-written question pools along with a quiz timer to validate responses and reflect the final score.
- Personal Branding – You can add your brand’s colors, logo, and other background details. It provides an option to embed social media share buttons and 40 attractive backgrounds for your survey.
- Pre-designed templates – It offers a bank of 20 pre-designed, stunning templates to take a survey instantly. You can also preview them to check the final draft of the form.
Pros of Survey Anyplace:
- You can create a full white label survey.
- Save your original design templates for future use.
- Its tabbed editor is easy to navigate.
- Discount coupons and Scratch-offs make your survey more engaging and fun.
- Easily change and edit question types through a dropdown menu.
- You can create a restricted role to keep all the stakeholders accountable.
It offers four paid plans:
- Essential – $33 per month
- Professional – $ 50 per month
- Enterprise – On request
- ReportR – On request
There’s also a 7-day free trial. The custom Enterprise plan also offers a full white label option on special requests.
User-friendly EX, CX, Quiz Platform, and Online Survey ($25 per month).
SoGoSurvey is one of the top online survey tools for research for enterprises looking for a powerful data analytics survey tool at an affordable budget.
SoGoSurvey provides ‘survey banks’ with plenty of built-in question models and template options. This facilitates the easy design of the survey. After survey designing, you can share and distribute your surveys across multiple platforms. Finally, review and share the outcome using live reports.
The good thing is that you get survey templates for every industry type, including event surveys, feedback forms, customer retention programs, and more.
Plus, you can automate your feedback process to your CRM by connecting to its API. Moreover, its NLP (Natural Language Processing) feature serves customers more efficiently by analyzing text responses automatically.
Additionally, its survey creation tools provide a data analytics tool that measures the response sentiment of users to understand their behavior easily. Also, you can use the Net Promoter Score (NPS) to manipulate your queries to extract precise feedback.
Key Features of SoGoSurvey:
- Distribution Options – You can broadcast your online surveying globally with several options, including social media invites, email invitations, and embedded forms.
- Real-Time Analytics – It starts reflecting user data on its dashboard the moment you publish your first survey.
- Extensive CRM Integration – It offers powerful integration with popular CRM tools, including Basecamp, Zapier, Slack, and Salesforce.
Pros of SoGoSurvey:
- Export data reports to Excel, Word, or PowerPoint easily.
- Add video or audio to your survey to make it more engaging.
- Ensure absolute anonymity to receive honest feedback.
- Redirect your survey automatically to preferred URLs.
- Share real-time report links with team members instantly.
- Provides multi-language support to reach and cater to multiple communities.
SoGoSurvey offers four pricing plans:
- Plus plan: $25 per month
- Pro plan: $66 per month
- Premium plan: $99 per month
- Enterprise: Custom plan tailored for your business
It also provides a freemium plan for basic features. The Premium plan option offers the ‘AutoSave’ option to review incomplete surveys.
Now let’s cover the basics.
What is Survey Software?
In the early days, businesses used to rely on capturing public opinion by analyzing the respondents’ responses to a specific set of queries.
Now in the digital age, this is done by electronic survey tools. The application enables the collection of feedback from a targeted population or sample via a computer. This software helps businesses, freelancers, and researchers to design, analyze, and conceptualize surveys.
Most secure survey tools provide drag-and-drop tools to design survey forms easily. Plus, they make the entire process streamlined and easy using their automated functionalities.
Moreover, they provide distinct advantages over manual surveys, especially when it comes to accuracy and speed levels.
What Features Should You Look For in Online Survey Solutions?
Every individual or business has different goals when it comes to living survey tools. For example, a blogger may want to survey their email list to come up with new ideas for their future posts.
A commerce company may want to survey their new product launch or recent purchasers who bought a particular product. Or a SaaS company could survey their clients to better analyze which product updates to release.
However, no matter the type of survey, these are a few features that are essential.
Automation helps you spend less time designing, distributing, and creating questions for your survey. It provides you leisure to spend the bulk of the time analyzing the responses and scoring them.
2. Data Analysis
A good survey software allows users to analyze the collected data and draw actionable insights. It provides regular data analysis features like word clouds, tagging, sentiment analysis, and more.
3. Third-Party Integrations
Third-party integrations become crucial if your businesses deal with multiple domains. So make sure that the digital survey tools provide as maximum integrations as possible.
4. Multiple Languages
While taking surveys, respondents should have the comfort of expressing their opinions in their own language. Moreover, it also enhances the accuracy of the survey.
You need to ensure that biases in answers get minimized in your surveys. This will improve the accuracy of the results you are analyzing.
Best Online Survey Platform – Final Summary
This concludes my list of the best survey management software to try this year. I will keep updating the list with other good survey tools available in the market.
Each of the interactive survey tools comes with some unique characteristics and some standard features. However, you need to review your business needs to decide which best customer survey tools are most suitable for you.
Read up on the analytics, unique features, customization options, and data security before opting to purchase your client survey tools.
Which customer satisfaction survey tools are you planning to use? Let me know in the comments below.
More from Smashitbuck: Do refer to my other articles on data migration tools, best legal services, and 3D printing tools to read this year.