Today Best SEO tools have become the basic requirement that needs to be fulfilled if you are looking for organic traffic. Whether you want to start a blog or make money from your online business, you need website traffic. You need to rank on google search with specific keywords to get organic traffic.
You will find a lot of articles regarding SEO strategies and other SEO knowledge on helpful YouTube videos, long-form SEO guides, etc. But the thing is that without the right SEO tool it’s difficult to make any significant improvement in your SEO ranking.
60% of bloggers and entrepreneurs do not leverage the power of these SEO tools just to save a few bucks. Trust me, I was one of those guys who did not invest in these SEO tools and ended up shutting down my eCommerce website. I will soon be covering that story later in my future posts.
So in this guide, I have reviewed and ranked the best SEO tools based on their pricing, features, integrations, SEO audit capabilities, and more so that you can improve your SEO ranking game.
So let’s get started.
What Are the Best SEO Tools?
Here are my top picks for the best SEO tools to increase your web traffic.
Semrush is a market leader in a competitor analysis tool that helps users to analyze their own content as well as evaluate their competitors. The SEO rank tracking tool provides accurate metrics showing content, keywords, and top-performing pages.
The reason they are one of the top SEO tools is that they have successfully helped many eCommerce entrepreneurs and website owners to understand the SEO strategies of their competitors. That’s the reason why they are popular among small and medium-sized businesses making them the best SEO reporting software.
Semrush provides functionalities that help you with PPC, ad campaigns, backlinks, SEO, SERP, keyword research, and much more. I highly recommend starting with SemRush if you are looking for an easy and all-in-one solution in the long run.
Key SemRush Features
- Traffic Analytics – Semrush provides a precise report on the online search performance of the website. It also helps you to understand the media consumption and behavior of your potential customers.
- Organic Research – Allows the user to see their top organic keywords according to the country-wise database. Also, compare top competitor keywords and domain changes.
- Product Listing Ads – This allows the users to see the competitor’s product feeds and Product Listing Ads.
- Advertising Research – This allows you to localize your ad campaign. Also provides help to run better ad campaigns by analyzing the ad budgets of the competitors.
SemRush offers three paid plans. Pro Plan costs $99.95. Guru Plan costs $199.95 and Business Plan costs $399.95. They also offer a custom plan quote according to the specific needs of the entrepreneurs.
2. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is one of the best SEO rank trackers and best SERP checkers in the industry. They have improved a lot over the past couple of years and are trusted by brands like Zapier, Trustpilot, and bed bath and beyond.
The Dashboard provides an amazing interactive UI that helps you to do an In-depth website audit, accurate keyword rank tracking, SEO/PPC Competitive Research, Backlink checking & monitoring, and a lot more.
The reason SE Ranking is amazing is because of the customization options they provide for small and medium enterprises. Also, its plans are suitable for individual website owners not having much technical SEO knowledge. No doubt these features helped it make a place in top SEO software.
I highly recommend SE Ranking if you have just started your venture and looking for a quality and affordable SEO platform to rely on.
Key SE Ranking Features
- Backlink Management – This allows users to see their website backlinks and monitor backlinks for the pages. Detects any spammy backlinks that are linked to your pages and destroy your page ranking.
- Keyword Research – This shows the top organic keywords your pages are ranking for on Bing, Yandex, Google, and other search engines. Also highlights the top-performing keywords that have the potential to rank higher on the search engine.
- Project Management – One of the amazing features they provide is that you can group your tasks and competitors’ report. You can individually track the performance of the URL on search engines and social media and make informed decisions.
- Website Audit – Performs a complete website lookup to find any problems or errors in your on-page SEO optimization. Also performs the tests on the subdomains if applicable.
SE Ranking also provides 3 paid plans. You get a discount if you opt for a quarterly, yearly, or half-yearly plan. You can customize any plan by adding the required add-ons.
- Optimum Plan – $31 per month
- Plus Plan – $71 per month
- Enterprise plan – $151 per month
Link-able is a unique SEO service platform with a highly-specialized job board. It’s designed to provide a reliable way to create backlinks, optimize your website, boost SEO, and expand traffic for their page content.
The way it works is like any freelancing site, you post a specific request on the linkable website. Then the authors thoroughly vetted by Link-able will be able to have access to that project. They submit the proposals for the project and wait for you to respond.
If you agree with the proposal, you will be connected to the author, and the work is guaranteed. I highly recommend checking it out if you are just starting, as it will help you to get started with quality content. While you focus on employing others to implement link-building strategies on your website.
Key Link-able Features
- Qualified Authors – The platform provides highly qualified authors who are gone through a rigorous testing process.
- SEO Specific – you can find highly relevant authors for your project proposal. The good thing is that they are well versed with the SEO needs you are looking for.
- High-Quality content – The authors provide you with high-quality content that is specifically curated for on-page SEO optimization.
The service is free for both marketers and authors to join. However, the platform does take some commission on paid transactions.
Ahref is the second-fastest crawler after Google and has one of the best SEO monitoring tools. What I love about Ahref is that they are completely focused on competitive analysis, URL rankings, backlink audits, and keyword research. This makes it the best SEO analysis tool in the industry.
Like Semrush, they are also the best rank checker that offers a traffic analysis report on the website. You can extract the data to perform an analysis of competitors’ keyword research, SEO strategies, link building, rank tracking, and content marketing.
I use Ahref to check my backlinks every day along with my keyword search position. They provide a very easy keyword explorer tool to find keywords’ difficulty.
Overall, Ahref is one of the best SEO software tools used by entrepreneurs and SEO professionals worldwide.
Key Ahref Features
- Content Explorer – Ahref database contains more than 1 billion pages for you to perform content search
- Easy keyword Tool – Generates millions of keywords on a single research query.
- Monitor Backlinks – Provide outgoing links report on the site explorer. These help to properly track where your posts are linking.
- Ranking History – Check the overall ranking of the keyword used on any specific page of your website.
You can try out the product by opting for the 7-day trial for $7. After that, you can upgrade to the subscription plans that start from $99/month and range up to $999/month.
5. Advance Web Ranking
Advanced Web Ranking is one of the top paid SEO tools that is used for tracking a large volume of keywords. Its white labeling report and ability to track keywords and SERP features on a hyper-specific level make it ideal for in-house teams and agencies.
It Tracks more than 3000 search engines spreading across 170 countries compared to other best website analysis tools. This includes not only google but others like Yandex, Amazon, Baidu, Youtube, etc. This makes it one of the best local SEO software to rely on.
It gathers insights by performing a deep competitor analysis that includes estimated visits, market share, and competitor discovery. This makes them one of the best SEO tools for agencies.
Key Advanced Web Ranking Features
- Has been in the business since 2002.
- Generate white labeling reports which you can export via CSV, PDF, create permalinks, integrate with Data Studio, etc.
- Accommodates a large volume of keywords for a single analysis
- Supports unlimited users with different user rights available for the admin, and the team members without any extra cost.
They provide 4 plans paid plans with a 30-day free trial.
- Starter: $49 per month.
- Pro: $99 per month.
- Agency: $199 per month.
- Enterprise: $499 per month.
GrowthBar is touted as one of the easiest SEO tools to use. It is a Google Chrome extension that enables you to see your competition’s backlinks, millions of keyword results, Google Ads data, and Facebook Ads Data.
As it’s an extension it’s super fast and super intuitive. It’s a growing popular choice among freelancers, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. The best SEO software for small businesses without having much technical prowess.
GrowthBar bigger customers include Bill.com, OKta, and Minted.
Key GrowthBar Features
- Difficulty Score – This shows how relatively easy it is to rank for a particular keyword using GrowthBar’s proprietary “ranking difficulty score.”
- Organic Research – See millions of keywords along with their competitive score index.
- Competitiveness Metrics – See your competitors’ top backlinks, and top organic keywords, and export them in CSV.
- Word Count – A unique feature to let you understand how many words competitors’ organic listing has.
You can test out GrowthBar for 5 days for free, before upgrading to a paid subscription.
If you are looking for the best SEO suite on a small budget then Mangools is for you. Mangools helps you with SERP analysis, rank tracking, keyword research, and link tracking.
Unlike other SEO Tools, Mangools doesn’t offer extra features that you’ll probably never use.
Key Mangools Features
- LinkMiner – It helps you analyze the competitors’ backlinks and discover more backlink opportunities.
- SERPWatcher – Helps you keep track of the changing of the keyword position in the search listing.
- KWFinder – It is a keyword research tool that help you to find the right keyword for your content
- SERPChecker – allows you to check mobile ranking as well as those keywords ranked high by your competitors in specific locations.
- SiteProfiler – Provides a detailed view of the competitors’ websites to gauge their processes.
Mangools offer 3 different pricing plans for different levels of business. It also provides a 48-hour money-back guarantee and a 10-days free trial.
- Basic plan – $29.90 per month
- Premium plan – $39.90 per month
- Agency plan – $79.90 per month
8. Authority Labs
Authority Labs is a highly useful SEO Tool known for its easy-to-use interface and amazing data analytics. It allows you to set up multiple sites for SEO optimization campaigns. It is known to be one of the best website audit tools by many.
Also, they provide a location-specific rank to laser focus on your target audience.
Key Authority Labs Features
- Free Trial – Authority Labs also offers 30 days free trial.
- Daily Reporting – Perform daily rank checking and provide in-depth reports to analyze your standing.
- Keyword Targeting – Target keywords relevant to your content
- Global Tracking – Perform both local and global tracking for different cities and countries.
Authority Labs offers 4 different pricing plans. Apart from this, you also get a 30-day free trial; no credit card is required.
- Plus plan – $49 per month
- Pro plan – $99 per month
- Pro Plus – $225 per month
- Enterprise plan – $450 per month
If you are looking for digital marketing and the best SEO analytics tools, then you have come to the right place. Serpstat not only optimizes your SEO but also helps in running your ad and content marketing campaigns.
The Serpstat’s Tool performs tasks like competitor research, PPC analysis, keyword research, and so forth. The dashboard does not have any complexity when it comes to operating it. Provides an accurate backlink analysis of your competitor’s websites.
Key SerpStats Features
- Site Audit – Helps you check your page speed, Cleans up your website, and detects any other potential errors.
- Website Analysis – Performs an analysis by monitoring the domain and URL of the website. The analysis includes PPC research and in-depth SEO.
- Keyword Research – This includes search suggestions, search volume, cluster research, content marketing, and SERP analysis.
- Backlink Analysis – Stores complete history of competitors’ backlink profiles to help you make an informed decision
Serpstat’s also offers 4 different pricing plans.
- Lite plan – $69 per month
- Standard plan – $149 per month
- Advanced plan – $299 per month
- Enterprise Plan – $499 per month
Pitchbox is a holistic solution that automates and streamlines the content marketing process and influencer outreach. It also provides a platform to connect with other bloggers and influencers, which ultimately provides link-building opportunities.
Key Pitchbox Features
- Workflow – allows you to search and filter the results.
- Email Templates – Provides amazing email templates to engage with potential prospects.
- Product Review – Quickly finds a website using the product review feature for you
- Campaigns – Helps you run campaigns to reach other bloggers, publishers, and influencers
They offer a customized plan for every customer. You simply schedule a demo with their team for a custom monthly quote.
Moz is undoubtedly one of the industry leaders when it comes to the best SEO keyword software in the market. From backlink analysis to keyword research, site auditing to rank tracking, Moz does pretty much everything.
You can install the MozBar browser extension that allows Moz scores, SEO analysis, and Google SERP info in your browser and MozPro for other advanced features. Do give the best SEO optimization tool a try if possible.
Key Moz Features
- Backlink Analysis – Provides metrics on building additional backlinks based on domain authority
- Rank Tracking – Track keywords performance and organic rank that is driving thousands of traffic to the website.
- Keyword Analysis – Helps you find potential new keywords that you can rank against your competitors’
- Site Audits – Performs background checks to find any potential errors or issues.
Moz offers 4 different pricing plans. Apart from this, you also get a 30-day free trial.
- Standard plan – $99 per month
- Medium Plan – $149 per month
- Large Plan – $249 per month
- Premium Plan – $599 per month
SEObility is one of the all-in-one SEO tools that provide SEO optimization by monitoring your website regularly. With its robust link-building tools and regular checkup, you can improve your ranking with ease.
Also helps you track down any broken links or duplicate content on the site.
Key SEObility Features
- Competitors Comparison – Quickly compares and explore the content of your competitors’ websites for you to optimize your process.
- Rank Tracking – Track your keywords ranking daily based upon different search engines and demographics.
- Local Search Results – You can monitor and evaluate the local search results to improve their ranking for a specifically targeted section.
- On-page Analysis – Performs keyword monitoring and does on-page crawling to improve your ranking.
- E-Mail Reporting – Generates daily reports on keyword performance and changes in their rankings.
SEObility offers 3 different plans for its users. Also offers a 30-day free trial on Premium Plan
- Basic plan – Free
- Premium Plan – $50 per month
- Agency Plan – $200 per month
SpyFu is primarily used to search the most profitable keywords used by your competitors. It also tracks every organic search and ad campaign run by the competitors. If you are looking for this functionality then this is the best competitor analysis tool you can get.
Key SpyFu Features
- Keyword Spy Tool – Search keywords and the number of clicks it receives in the search engine. Also, search your competitor’s keywords they are ranking for.
- Keyword Grouping – This shows a group of keywords used in the competitor’s Adword strategy.
- Monitor PPC Competitors – Keep track of PPC strategies and emerging competitors.
- Ad Rank Tracking Tool – helps you keep track of your ads and suggest potential keywords for expansion.
- AdWord Advisor – Suggest highly beneficial keywords based upon the campaigns run by the competitors.
SpyFu offers 3 different pricing plans with unlimited access to search results
- Basic Plan – $39 per month
- Professional Plan – $79 per month
- Team Plan – $299 per month
14. Google Search Console
The best free SEO tool to elevate your google search ranking is often ignored by many professionals. Google search console helps you to measure the site’s search traffic, fix indexing issues, improvement in the mobile versions and UI interface, and a lot more.
You should note that the Google search console is one of the best SEO audit tools and the backbone of your website. It is a must-have for the website. Regularly monitor the search console so that you don’t miss any potential insights.
No doubt it’s one of the best free keyword research tools that should be on your SEO tools list.
Key Google Search Console Features
- Primary Data Source – This allows you to extract data into Google Analytics or other analytical tools.
- Control Center – Helps you fix and monitor your sitemap changes.
- Primary source to fix structural issues pertaining to the website.
Google Search Console is free of cost
SEOptimer is also one of the most easy-to-use SEO software. It helps you improve your ranking along with performing excellent on-page SEO optimization analysis and off-page link building.
Key SEOptimer Features
- SEO Audit API – Used for tracking problems, bulk reporting, and trend analysis.
- SEO Crawler – Detects technical SEO problems by scanning every page of the website.
- White Label SEO Audit – Performs a check based on multiple factors and provides a detailed report to you.
- Embeddable Audit – Helps you to maximize your sales and lead generation.
SEOptimer provides 1 plan for websites and the other 2 plans for digital marketers.
- DIY SEO plan – $19 per month
- White Label plan – $29 per month
- White Label and Embedding plan – $59 per month
SEOquake is a powerful SEO browser plugin that offers numerous SEO functionalities. It’s very useful when you are performing content marketing as it quickly provides the required information needed about the website.
Its SEO plugin features include SEMrush rank, Number of external links, Alexa rank, Google rank, and domain age. This makes it one of the best free SEO software available in the market.
Key SEOquake Features
- Keyword Analysis – Provides structured and detailed reports on keywords with accurate keyword analysis.
- SEO Bar – Provides quick information on the web page. All you need is to browse the web pages with SEO Bar.
- SERP Overlay – Provides complete analysis of the SERP, which can be exported in CSV format.
- Print and Export – Save data from any file into CSV format
SEOquake is completely free of cost.
Created by marketing Guru Niel Patel, Ubersuggest requires no introduction. It is basically a free keyword research SEO tool that helps you find a lot of long-tail keywords to maximize your content’s outreach. It’s the best keyword tool after the Google Search console.
Key Ubersuggest Features
- Keyword Analysis & Suggestion – Discover what keywords your audience is using.
- Content Optimization – Suggests improvements to optimize content for websites or blogs using niche keywords.
- Competition Analysis – helps you analyze your competitor’s keywords to help you rank better.
Ubersuggest is free of cost.
WooRank is an SEO strategy checker equipped with an automatic website review tool. It provides you with tons of valuable information that helps you boost your leads, website traffic, and in turn sales.
The SEO tool is perfect for any professional looking to optimize their sales strategy.
Key WooRank Features
- Sales Tools – Provides you with white-label reports, to create highly converting sales pitches, custom PDF report templates, and more.
- SEO Monitoring – Get quick insight on keywords, website uptime, Monitor landing page traffic, and other overall functionalities.
- Keyword Tool – Helps you track keywords and change in the ranking with respect to competitors
- Site Crawl – Helps you track security issues, fix site errors, eliminate any duplicate content issues, and quickly find indexing errors.
- WooRank Extension – A free tool that runs a detailed analysis of websites.
WooRank offers 3 different plans and a 14-day free trial.
- Pro plan – $59.99 per month
- Premium plan – $179.99 per month
- Enterprise plan – $249.99 per month
19. ScreamingFrog SEO Spider
ScreamingFrog SEO spider is known for its super-fast website audits. Enter the URL and it will start finding any missing tags, broken links, duplicate content, and so forth. It is also one of the best SEO link-building software to use.
Hardly any issue or warning goes unnoticed by Screaming Frog.
Key ScreamingFrog SEO spider Features
- Analyze Metadata – Analyze your page titles and metadata to make sure they are according to the required length.
- Audit Redirects – Helps in identifying both permanent and temporary redirect chains.
- Duplicate Content – Finds duplicate URLs, duplicate content, and any other duplicate element.
- XML Sitemaps – Generate XML sitemaps quickly by doing proper custom configurations over the URLs.
Screaming Frog is free up to 500 crawling URLs. Otherwise, you can upgrade to the paid version which costs £149 per year.
Sitechecker is a great website checker that provides a deep SEO analysis to make SEO improvements to your site. Simply enter your URL and Sitechecker scans your website for backlinks, rankings, traffic, and more.
Key Sitechecker Features
- Website Traffic Check – View the competitor’s website traffic without any limits.
- Rankings Check – View mobile and local rankings of your keywords.
- Website Change Monitoring – Performs website scans to audit your website and provide a report on how changes have impacted the SEO scores.
- On-Page SEO Audits – Scans your web pages to fix any issues or errors.
- Daily Backlink Tracking – Get notified if any link gets disappeared or is created for your website.
Sitechecker has 3 paid pricing plans.
- Startup Plan – $29 per month
- Growing Plan – $69 per month
- Business Plan – $119 per month
Commonly Asked SEO Questions
It generally takes around 3-6 months for you to see the results of your SEO efforts. If you have just started a website or a blog it will take longer to index than a high Domain Authority (DA), reputable site. So you need to have patience and keep building your influence on social media and other platforms.
There are a ton of free SEO tools available in the market. However, if you want to do keyword research for free and monitor your SEO progress, Here are a few lists of tools.
1. Google Keyword Planner
2. Google Search Console
3. Moz Link Explorer
4. Google Analytics
5. Google Trends
6. Screaming Frog
7. Keyword Hero
It’s really difficult to choose the best SEO checker based on keyword research, as multiple factors are involved in making the keyword research successful. But here is a few lists of tools to get started with :
4. SE Ranking
5. Advanced Web Ranking
Typically the cost of hiring an SEO expert range between $75-200 per hour or ($750-$2,500 per month). A high-end and well-reputable digital Agency may charge you up to $20,000 per month for large websites or difficult jobs. It’s better to start with SEO Tools that are either free or cost around $99 per month. Always calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) based on your niche or website before spending on SEO.
Yes, you can manage your SEO as long as you are well versed in SEO know-how. Here are the steps you need to follow to do your own SEO :
1. Know your target audience.
2. Read SEO blogs and subscribe to SEO courses to improve your skills.
3. Do keyword Research to find potential keywords to write for.
4. Write for your pages and blog posts keeping SEO in mind.
5. Build Domain Authority (DA) from link-building outreach and guest blogging.
6. Use Google Search Console and Google Analytics to monitor website health and traffic.
Yes, it’s difficult because it requires knowledge from multiple disciplines, and search engines are frequently updating and changing their algorithms. One thing is for sure, you need a high Domain Authority (DA) to rank for keywords no matter what happens. You also need significant exposure when it comes to writing content, marketing content, WordPress, and a lot more.
Best SEO Tools – Final Summary
Using SEO tools can help you quickly improve your search engine ranking and keyword research. No matter who you are you absolutely need an SEO tool to succeed and compete in the search engines.
Before choosing any SEO tool, make sure they provide the same features you are looking for. There is no harm in trying the free trial provided by these SEO tools before making a final decision.
Let me know which SEO tools you prefer. Let me know in the comment section below.