As remote working is the rage after the pandemic the demand for screen sharing software has soared these days. They are the best medium to collaborate in real-time and provide remote instruction to co-workers.
They provide advanced features such as whiteboard note-taking tools, video conferencing, audio conference calling, and screen recording. However, understanding which screen sharing tool is best for your business depends on multiple factors such as your business requirements, budget, and more.
In this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best screen sharing software based on its features, pricing, support, ease of use, integrations, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Screen Sharing Software?
Here is my list of the best screen sharing software to use this year.
Screenleap is a quick and easy, installation-free screen sharing option in the market of Google meet and Zoom. The software allows users to share their browsers immediately with built-in collaboration tools. It also allows you to collaborate from any device you want by downloading their app on the device except for laptops.
Screenleap enables you to share your screen and view it from any web-enabled device without installing any software. You can view the shared screen from any device with a browser (including PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones) without any installation of the software.
You can share the controls of your computer with your attendees and enable them to point out things on your screen without needing to install any software. It allows you to automatically capture your viewers’ information so you can comprehend up with them later.
The signing-up process isn’t lengthy and they even provide a low-cost option that can fit almost any budget. The call quality is high when it comes to both audio and visuals.
- Installation-free viewing – You can view your meetings or presentation from any device with a browser(Pcs, Macs) without any software installation.
- Crystal-clear Audio – The 2-way audio is available for your meetings and presentations using your computer’s microphone or speaker.
- Website Integration – You can use their premium account subscription to add screen sharing to your site using their API.
- Viewer Registration – ScreenLead enables the user to export viewers’ registration information to their favorite CRM application. You can also capture the viewer’s information to get a follow-up with them later.
- You can easily record your meetings and play or share them with others later.
- You don’t have to manually upload your recordings.
- The software enables the user to expect low-lag screen sharing, whether you’re sharing with one viewer or a thousand viewers.
- You can share the control of your computer with your viewers and allow them to point out things on your computer without requiring them to install any software.
- It is more versatile than a standard online calling app, the user experience is seamless.
- The navigation and usability of the website are top-notch.
ScreenLeap pricing starts with a minimum of $15 per feature per month. It allows the user to opt for a free version but does not provide a free trial. Pro is $31 per month while the Company plan at $15 to $39 per user per month is also available.
2. Cisco WebEx
Cisco WebEx is a cloud PBX system with all of the core features of traditional PBX systems. They provide cost savings and flexible cloud solutions. The software was designed with a cloud-first mentality and comes with collaborative features your team might need to work from every remote location in the world.
The service combines phone calls, messaging, and meetings into a single app that you and your team can access from anywhere. This allows your team to stay connected among each other as well as to their customers, even in disruptive events. The software is also beneficial for big events like sessions and product launches.
Cisco Webex is readily available for users in different plans. The software allows the users to build a team workspace that could promote productive brainstorming and group collaboration using the software’s broadcast-quality sound, teleconferencing system, and conference calls. Cisco WebEx is also defined as one of the most stable meetings and work platforms with different productivity tools.
- Webex Calling – It delivers the core functionalities that high-performing teams require. Phone calls, call recordings, receptionist support, and forwarding are all included.
- Cloud-based Communication – By working with Webex calling your team will be able to make and receive calls at the office, from home, and on the move anywhere they have an internet connection. You can also hand off between different devices and gain access to superior analytics and reporting.
- Magnified mobile experience – Webex has a dedicated mobile design that empowers a reliable mobile experience that you will love. You can also make use of the bots and third-party functions customized according to your needs.
- Next-generation security – The security of the software is outstanding, so every component of your PBX network is protected every step of the way. You can lessen and deter security threats without being required to upgrade the hardware your representatives have at home.
- WebEx meeting center feature makes it easy to start, schedule, and conduct a meeting online.
- The users can prepare the request for the meeting using Microsoft Outlook and the programmed conference will load on the software’s system.
- The training center is where the maximum collaboration is amplified. This feature sets up the screen view automatically on the type of files used.
- The Event Center is a Webex feature that gives liberty to the users to hold meetings with up to 3,000 attendees. This allows the attendees to promote their branding to a larger audience.
Cisco Webex offers a free account with just 1 host. While the starter pack and business pack come for $12.75 and $25.45. They also provide an Enterprise plan which has a customizable pricing plan.
Loom is a free screencasting software available via Chrome extension or a desktop app. It is not like Zoom, or Google Meet because it is one-way, implying you can only record yourself and your screen. Then you can send the final video to others via a shareable link.
Loom enables you to record your screen and share interactive videos on practically any platform. With Loom, you can simultaneously record your camera, microphone, and desktop. Your video is next instantly available to share through Loom’s copyright(ed) technology.
Loom recently introduced an Education plan that is free to all verified teachers and students at K-12 schools, universities, or educational institutions who are using Loom for classroom work.
You are required to sign up for Loom with your school email account. And next, you can register for a free plan while the team verifies your account and upgrades you to the teacher/student version of Loom Pro.
- Supported Platforms – Loom supports only about any platform. It has a website, Chrome extensions, desktop apps for Mac and Windows, and mobile apps for iOS and Android. The features offered by each app vary. The iOS app cannot capture in screen and camera mode, while the Android app cannot record in just camera mode. Furthermore, the Chrome extension cannot record with any application but Chrome.
- Privacy settings – You can set your custom privacy settings to ensure your information is safe and secure.
- Platform friendly – The software makes it easy to embed files into a website, copy/paste the link into an email, or download and upload to a website. It is very desktop and mobile-friendly, no matter what browser you are using.
- Loom provides Asynchronous communication. This proves to be an advantage because most communications surrounding animation allow asynchronous communication.
- Loom solves time differences and logistics problems.
- You can send your Loom videos at your own pace and time.
- It provides more personalization for you to gather your thoughts and ideas for the client.
Loom offers a range of pricing plans for users, starting from the free Starter Pack. The price for the Business pack starts at $8 billed per month annually. While their third pack, the Enterprise Pack, is customized by the company.
GoToMeeting is a web-based conferencing tool that allows users to host an online meeting with up to 250 participants. Users can share any application on their desktops in real time. GoToMeeting gives high-definition video conferencing and countless meetings with remote colleagues.
Users can connect to meetings from their Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android device. It provides a fast, easy, and reliable professional online meeting solution that enables customers to meet face to face, and connect with co-workers. In-meeting chat or conference calling and screen share their presentations, all with the click of a button.
GoToMeeting pairs productivity with the flexibility to let users work effectively anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Reduce Training Costs – Modernize remote customers and employees without traveling. You can host training sessions more frequently, at the same low rate. It provides hands-on experience by sharing keyboard and mouse control.
- Provide Online Support – You can share the client’s desktop to resolve technical issues. Furthermore, you can collaborate with colleagues on a customer’s problem.
- The software allows easy collaboration with remote team members.
- Integrate online meetings into your regular in-person meetings.
- Complete projects faster by holding online review sessions.
- You can turn sales call into instant demos with one click.
- Qualify prospects by conducting online presentations, you can even review sales agreements online.
- You can keep clients up to date while avoiding costly on-site visits.
- Secure your shared documents, designs, and project plans online.
GoToMeeting offers a range of pricing plans for users, starting from the Professional Pack, priced at $12. The Business pack with $16 billed per month annually. While their third pack, the Enterprise Pack, is customized by the company.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is Screen Sharing Software?
Screen sharing software is used to share your mobile or computer screen with other users on a video call. Apart from this, the tool is capable of sharing files, presenting information, and instructing software installation to new users.
These platforms allow your business to collaborate in real-time remotely and share required online marketing and training materials on the go.
What Features You Should Look for in Best Screen Sharing Software?
Every tool comes with its own separate and unique features and capabilities to cater to the audience. However, here are some essential things you should look for in screen sharing software.
1. Browser-Based and Application
Screen sharing apps usually provide two types of usage for the users. One that is you have to access the app via web browser and share the link or code for the video call. Another method is to download and install the desktop or mobile application to access the app features.
Budget plays a crucial role in deciding what capabilities and features are required for your business. Most screen sharing plan has a free option that comes with limited features.
However, its advanced features are more suitable for the likes of organizations looking for security, control over the content, and access permissions for its users. So depending upon your operation criticality and usage select the appropriate software for your business.
3. Integrations and Scheduling
Nowadays, most screen sharing software comes with comprehensive feature sets that offer multiple integrations along with screen sharing. They also offer automated scheduling of the recording of the session with predefined breaks entered by the user.
Best Screen Sharing Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best screen sharing software to use this year. I will keep updating the list with other best screen sharing platforms available in the market.
Various software has their own advantages over the others in some areas as Loom is best for Asynchronous screen sharing and recording while GoToMeeting is the best web conferencing tool. Cisco Webex is good for large team collaboration and Screenleap stands best for occasional screen sharing requirements.
Which screen sharing software are you planning to use? let me know in the comment section below.
More from Smashitbuck: Do check out my other articles on the business continuity software, how to get paid on youtube, and partner relationship management system to read this year.