Whether you run a large enterprise or a small business, keeping track of and managing your projects is always a challenge. That’s why the best project management software has become very popular in the market. In fact, a study shows that 77% of high-performing projects use project management tools.
Moreover, these PMO tools assist you in fully planning, executing, and closing your projects efficiently. Not only do they assign and manage tasks, but also add files, message each other in real-time, track time, and more.
Finally, I have reviewed and ranked the best project management software to use this year. These are based on pricing, features, plan views, support, project management capabilities, ease of use, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Project Management Software?
Here is my list of the top project management tools list to use this year.
Monday.com is one of the most well-known project management systems on the market.
With color-coded features and a clean interface, the platform is very easy to use and set up for project managers and their small or big teams.
Key Features of Monday:
- Offers highly customizable workflows
- Offers undo button
- Charts for timeline visualization
- Offers a wide variety of templates for project managers
- Resource management tools
- Provides a portal for external clients and stakeholders
- Offers a colored timeline and the option to sync the timeline with the calendar
- Offers ‘create a new pulse’ feature that allows you to copy any list and paste it for full transfer
- Provides map view for location-based projects
Pros of Monday:
- Offers a free trial period
- Extensive one-on-one training offered
- Provides service in multiple languages including Dutch, German, French, English, and more
- Offers a Kanban-style visual layout
- Specific plans for businesses based on the number of users
- Unlimited boards and users
- All plans include 24/7 email and phone support
- Ability to handle complex projects
- Good customer support tools and help desk software
- Extensive integrations like Jira, Excel, Slack, Outlook, and more
Cons of Monday:
- The addition of sub-tasks can be difficult
- Can be challenging to grasp for a beginner
- One of the most expensive plans in the market
- Adding the number of users costs extra money for each plan
Monday.com offers a free trial of 14 days on its four paid plans.
- Basic plan: $24 per month billed annually
- Standard Plan: $29 per month billed annually
- Pro Plan: $48 per month billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: Custom Quote
Wrike is a SaaS project management and team collaboration tool. Their software development project management tools stand out with their wide range of project management features, including tracking employee availability, viewing at-risk projects, and team communication.
With fully-customizable team sprint dashboards, team members can view in-progress, completed, and new projects in one place. Moreover, teams can also share and schedule custom interactive reports to make quicker decisions.
Wrike provides cloud project management software packages that are compatible with both Android and iOS and support multiple languages.
Key Features of Wrike:
- Easy prioritization
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- Visualization tracking
- Integrations with a wide range of tools, including email marketing tools, CRM apps, and so forth
- Simplifies project planning using Dynamic Request Forms (DRF)
- Integration with Tableau offers advanced analytics tools and data insights.
Pros of Wrike:
- Has reliable security protocols in place
- 24/7 support via email, phone call, and live chat
- Use of automation
- Covers all your business needs in a single centralized platform.
- Comes with numerous in-built tools to speed up operations.
Cons of Wrike:
- Expensive for small teams and solo users
- Missing note-taking tool
- No in-built chat option. Users may have to rely on Slack integration for easier communication.
Wrike offers a free trial for all three paid plans.
- Professional Plan: $9.80 per user per month
- Business Plan: $24.80 per user per month
- Enterprise Plan: Custom Quote
DashClicks’ project management software for agencies allows you to easily manage your projects, customers, and teams with this powerful white-label project management app.
The best part about this software is that you can view all the analytics associated with your client’s digital marketing campaigns within it, without ever needing another app or plugin.
Key Features of DashClick:
- You can view, manage, and edit your clients’ websites
- You can view form invite submissions completed by your clients
- You are able to upload and manage files for your client’s projects
- After the purchase of a service from the fulfillment store, you can automate the creation of a new project
- You can also automate the creation and sending of onboarding documents to your clients after the purchase of a service from the fulfillment store
- You get multiple valuable integrations within the app including Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Google Analytics
Pros of DashClick:
- Free trial available, no credit card required
- A forever free plan is available
- You can connect your clients’ sub-accounts right from within your dashboard and see all important metrics
- Both the free and paid plans include unlimited projects
- You can create and manage notebooks for your client’s projects
Cons of DashClick:
- The free plan offers limited file storage (100 MB)
- The app can be somewhat complicated to use because of its extensive features
DashClicks offers three paid plans to its users:
- Pro plan: $97 per month
- Plus plan: $297 per month
- Premium plan: $597 per month
Hive is a cloud-based project management and collaboration software that lets you automate workflow, track progress, manage tasks, and more.
Your team can monitor and manage tasks and projects, just by switching different project views. There are four project views offered by the software that includes Kanban view, Gantt view, Table View, and calendar view.
Moreover, Hive provides various types of templates to use for recurring and new tasks. You can also find pre-designed templates for project roadmaps and workflows.
Additionally, you break the project into different actions like ‘assigned by me’, ‘current’, ‘completed’, and ‘future’, etc. Further, its analytics lets you monitor the progress of your projects and teams. You can track metrics like work done by an individual, overdue actions, project completion, the most productive day of the week, etc.
Plus, you can perform actions like adding labels, moving cards, changing assignees, etc., with a click. The Hive Chatbox enables you to flag any potential issue, attach necessary documents, and transfer files. It also helps you alert your team members with the drag-and-drop action.
Moreover, integration with Outlook or Gmail inbox helps you see all emails in Hive Mail itself. Not only this, you can add email attachments to your new or existing tasks.
Besides, Hive also provides over 1000 communication and marketing apps to integrate so that you don’t leave the platform. Some of the popular integrations are Microsoft team, GitHub, Google Drive, Salesforce, Okta, Slack, etc.
Finally, You can use the mobile app to access information readily, send messages, attach files, add tasks, etc.
Key Features of Hive:
- Use track sheets to track time spent on projects.
- Add notes and comments on the cards to communicate with your team.
- Hive helps you approve the projects and provide feedback directly from your phone.
- Automatically sends alerts whenever you pass over a task to someone.
- Integrate your Hive dashboard with Slack or enable Hive chat for team communication.
- You can invite and collaborate with members and clients from others outside your organization.
Pros of Hive:
- Special discounts for non-profits.
- You can import data from other tools like Trello, Asana, etc.
- Security measures include SAML, active directory integration, compliance export, audit logging, and single sign-on.
- Hive’s mobile app supports all platforms, including Android, Windows, and iOS.
- Offers a 14-day free trial to try out the product.
- Provides a free demo to help you get familiar with the tool.
Cons of Hive:
- Not very easy to navigate across the dashboard.
- File deletion is permanent
- Unable to find a search function inside the project.
Hive offers two types of plans:
- Base Package: $12 per user, per month.
- Enterprise Package: a quote-based plan that includes all the add-ons.
The Base plan offers all the basic features like summary views, Hive Mail, project layouts, chat, etc. You can add extra features for different prices. However, the Enterprise plan comes with advanced features and you don’t end up paying extra for add-ons.
Now let’s understand the basics.
What is Project Management Software?
Project management is the art or science of driving an organization’s resources towards the completion of a particular goal or project. It may be a long-term work order or one-time activity. Online project management software can be installed on-premise or as a SaaS collaboration tool that allows teams to share deliverables, work on projects to completion, and manage tasks.
Naturally, any software that helps you perform project management is project management software. Moreover, its main job is to save the company both time and money by allowing teams to work faster using modern collaboration tools.
Project management is prevalent in engineering, military, information technology, science, and construction industries. Plus, the best part is that project management software brings considerable resourcefulness and automation to traditional manual project management techniques.
A project management software app can assist you in performing the following tasks:
- Resource allocation
- Scheduling and Time-management
- Collaboration and communication
Best Online Project Management Tools – Final Summary
It all comes down to the requirements of your business, your budget, and what metrics you use, among other things. Moreover, understand that there is no perfect project management platform, there isn’t any worst or best.
Make sure that you thoroughly go through the requirements you might need from the software. Plus, keep the budget in mind while choosing your best project management software tool.