Online legal services are the best solution to tackle any legal hurdles your business will face. They will help you with multiple things such as legal defense, filing corporate documents, copyright claims, dispute resolution, and more.
Moreover, if you are looking for a legal service outside your country or region then these services come in handy due to their connections. Now how knowing which one can be suitable for your requirements depends on multiple factors.
In this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best online legal services based on their features, service offerings, pricing, support, and more.
So let’s get started.
What are the Best Online Legal Services?
Here is my list of the best online legal service available in the market today.
The aim of RocketLawyer is “Legal made simple” and they are doing a great job at it. They provide you with any legal documents that you need fully customized for you according to your state. You can use these legal documents without any fear as they are vetted by lawyers and legal staff.
Basically, RocketLawyer can help you with any legal advice that you might need from making a simple legal document to starting a legally recognized business. Plus, you can also sign the documents legally with RocketSign and save documents for easy access anywhere.
This feature of RocketLawyer called Rocket Sign can be used to sign any digital document with your digital signature. Digital Signatures are equally valid as the traditional paper signatures in the present day. In case of any discrepancies, lawyers are right there for you to help you out. You can get the right advice from the experts.
- Contact Lawyer: In case of any discrepancies, you can directly contact any lawyers through RocketLawyer.
- RocketSign: You can digitally sign with RocketSign any number of documents.
- Business Legalities: They help you with all the legal work to recognize your business legally.
- Legal resources: They provide a legal guide on business, real estate as well as personal matters.
- Easy legal documents: You can make any legal document with unlimited versions and copies.
- Easily customizable: You can customize the documents according to your deed.
- Legal and Reliable: All the documents are legal and reliable as they are vetted by the lawyers.
- Help: The help desk will resolve all your queries within 1 business day.
- Widely available: It is available in all 50 states of the US. Plus, it also provides its services in the UK, Spain, France, and the Netherlands.
Rocket Lawyer provides a splendid premium version that saves you around $30-40 for your legal work and queries. The premium plan costs $39.99 per month. Moreover, they also provide a 7-day free trial where you can access all the premium features. Furthermore, you even get discounts for hiring a rocket lawyer on call if you are a premium member.
Rather it is starting a small business or a huge corporation, Incfile is all you need. It helps you with registering your business names to notarizing all the important docs.
They are available for LLC, S-Corporation, C-Corporation, and Nonprofit entities. You just need to have an action plan for your business to start with the rest of the legal work can be handled by Incline the way you want.
They have an easy-to-navigate website along with a sitemap for convenience. Incfile is also an entrepreneur helping other entrepreneurs to start their businesses with legal services. With Incfile you can focus more on other departments of your business leaving legal work on Incline.
- Registered Agent Service: A registered agent would reassure you of all your business requirements irrespective of the type of your business.
- File annual reports: You can have a mess-free annual report submission on time inclusive of all the required documents with Incfile.
- Amendment: Incfile can make any sort of amendment easy and helps you with all the documents required rather it be company changes, compliances, or any other changes.
- Dissolution: Incfile is also helpful in closing a corporation or company.
- All-in-one for corporations: Incfile is all that a business needs for all of its minute tasks.
- Widely available: Available in all the 50 states of the Us.
- Easy legal documents: They help with all the legal documents to start with any kind of business.
- FAQs: They have listed down all the frequent questions and answers to clear all your common doubts.
- Blog: They also have a blog to learn all the legal terms and how they can help you through it.
The most basic silver package comes at an amount as low as a $0 package fee + state fee inclusive of basic features and free registered agent service for a year. Plus, the other two packages namely gold and platinum start at $149 + state fee. However, they do not provide a free trial. you need to pay the minimum of the state fee with the basic package.
LegalZoom is one of the oldest online legal services available in the market. With over 12 years of experience and gaining trust, LegalZoom provides you with the best service for any kind of legal work. It is a US-based legal service.
LegalZoom includes every legal work your business would need. If you are not clear about the type your business should be registered as then LegalZoom can help you decide by answering a few questions. Furthermore, it also suggests business development plans for your business to grow.
LegalZoom understands that legal work can be very expensive whether it be creating a document or starting a business. They try to guide you with all the required legal work and services and make legal work easy for everyone. They cover all the aspects of legal work including all the prerequisites for starting a business legally, wills, trademarks, and other real estate matters.
- Contact Attorney: You can contact and hire an attorney through LegalZoom in no time.
- Co-browsing: you can share your screen and co-browse with attorneys on LegalZoom itself.
- Registered agent service: They provide a registered agent service that can help you through all your legal work without messing it up.
- Annual Reports: LegalZoom also helps you to prepare crucial documents like the annual reports within a few steps.
- Business advisory plan: They not only help you with the business legal work but also pitches ideas to grow your business.
- All-in-one legal service: It provides legal services for business, real estate, and family matters.
- Large Attorney network: At LegalZoom, you can choose from a large network of attorneys who has at least 5 years of experience in practicing law.
- Easy contacts: You can easily contact them through their customer care number even on weekends.
- Experienced: LegalZoom is one of the old and most experienced online legal advisory firms.
LegalZoom saves you a lot of bucks by helping you with all the legal work at minimum costs plus the state fees. The charges differ on the basis of the type of legal work. For business legal work the charges start with $79 + state filing fees and then increase on the basis of the packages you choose.
Another great option for an online legal service that undertakes every legal area is UpCounsel. The area of work for UpCounsel are agreements, business formation, patents, trademarks, securities, and others. It is the largest network of independent lawyers in the world.
With UpCounsel, you can make sure that your company leaps with a good legal base. Though UpCounsel is not a law firm, they provide an interactive online service for faster and easier hiring legal help. It behaves like an interactive platform between the attorney and client to communicate offering online documents, digital signatures, and other services.
You can choose your own attorney at a lesser price as compared to the traditional law firm. There would be a reduction in 60% of overhead charges charged by the traditional law firm. UpCounsel replaces that with technology, focusing on what really matters. Therefore, UpCounsel can be an on-the-go option for an online legal service.
- Document repository: You can choose from hundreds and thousands of documents and articles to find the perfect one for your legal work.
- E-signature: You can e-sign your legal documents with a digital signature on UpCounsel.
- Document Storage: You also get cloud storage on UpCounsel to store your legal documents.
- Blog: There are plenty of articles available on UpCounsel, through which you can resolve any of your questions.
- Find an attorney: Find your attorney but post a job, get proposals, and also interview them. UpCounsel has great workflow management also.
- Highly qualified attorneys: On average, attorneys with 14 years of experience are available on UpCounsel. You can reach out to these highly qualified attorneys for your legal work online.
- Transparent Pricing: You can compare among various proposals as they provide transparent pricing with no hidden costs.
- 24/7 Support: You can get help any time you need it. They have a 24/7 support center.
- Free: They have an online repository of legal articles, documents, and forms which can be freely accessed.
UpCounsel has flexible pricing options that include hourly rates and fixed packages. The hourly rates start from $125 per hour. The fixed package price might vary and can be anything starting from $600 and then depending on the tasks and packages. Compared to traditional law firms, UpCounsel rates are 60% down the line.
So now let’s cover the basics.
What Factors to Keep in Mind When Choosing the Best Online Legal Service?
Here are some of the factors you should look for in an online legal service before opting for it for your business.
1. Business Size
Your business operation size and level will depend on which legal service you will be going forward with. Startup needs are different from those of a large conglomerate. Therefore, it is important to select the service accordingly.
Additionally, if a large business needs an ongoing legal team, that may not be the case for the startup.
2. Legal Requirements
It is important to understand your legal needs before approaching any online legal service provider. Not all legal services provide everything, and some only specialize in specific legal areas.
Therefore, it is always best to research the services you have chosen to go with. Moreover, research their past case histories to understand whether they meet your specific requirements.
3. Service Frequency
There are businesses that require ongoing legal help instead of a single one-off legal assistance. For the former category, it is important to hire a service that provides a lawyer on demand for ongoing needs.
For the latter case, it is better to go with the one that offers the best one-time plans in their service.
It is very important that you check the reputation of the service you are going with. Services with low or below average ratings might not the best option to steer with in the future.
Therefore, check the past history of the service and meet with a few previous clients to get a crystal clear picture. Moreover, check whether the lawyers on the platform are vetted or not. After all, you are trusting them in your hard-earned business.
Make sure that you keep the expense in check as legal services can be very expensive. For any new business footing, this bill can be a challenging thing.
Therefore, you check the pricing plans before committing to their service.
6. Lawyer Locations
Another important aspect to take care of is the location of the lawyers. Mostly, online legal services will take care of things such as documentation, legal processing, and more.
However, there might be scenarios where you might actually need to pay a visit to an attorney for a legal matter. Therefore, it is important to check whether the service providers have lawyers in your state or location.
Best Online Legal Services – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best online legal services you can get for your business. I will keep updating the list with other legal services available in the market.
Legal needs can arise anytime if you are running a real business. Therefore, it is important to choose the best online legal service if you are a serious businessman.
Finally, it is always better to be prepared early than when the problem time arises.
More from Smashitbuck: Do check out my other articles on the HR performance management software, contact management system, and MSP RMM software to read this year.