In this new digital age after covid-19, live chat software roles have become more crucial than ever. To increase demand for online spending, customers expect instant gratification more than ever.
Today getting back to the customer within 24 hours just doesn’t cut it anymore. This is where help desk chat software comes into the picture. They not only improve customer satisfaction rates but also help you interact with multiple customers at the same time. Plus, you can simultaneously manage user behavior and check out interaction history.
With the rise of AI and natural language processing (NLP), the chatbot will initiate the conversation on your behalf and help you better understand your customers later. This helps you build customer loyalty which is very crucial these days.
I have ranked and reviewed the best live chat software tools. These reviews are based on ease of use, help desk features, third-party integrations, pricing plans, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best Live Chat Software?
Here are my top picks for the best live chat software to use this year.
Best Live chat solution for Automation and Ticketing
LiveAgent is one of the best website chat software that allows you to reach out to consumers on preferred channels, including email, social media, and voice calls. You can handle multiple channels in one place using the LiveAgent single window system.
Customer service agents are able to create customized automation rules to send canned or personalized responses.
Moreover, you can use built-in contact forms to collect relevant client information easily. It allows you to monitor as well as respond to messages and comments on social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Key Features of LiveAgent:
- Call Center – This allows for building a cloud-based call center for engaging an unlimited number of users.
- Automation – Automatically assign customer tickets using automation rules to agents or departments and add tags.
- Community Forum – Create an online community of customers by leveraging a customized forum. Get regular feedback and maximize your knowledge base using the system.
Pros of LiveAgent:
- It offers a 14-day free trial.
- LiveAgent also provides seamless integration with third-party apps, including SpringBuilder, Bold BI, PipeDrive, Jira, and Clockify.
- Supports multiple languages to cater to global customers efficiently.
- Provides video chat for a live face-to-face session with customers for a fruitful long-lasting relationship.
Its live support software offers a free plan with limited features. Its paid pricing plans start from $15 per month and go up to $39 per month.
Best Fast Live Chat Tool Across Multiple Channels.
Userlike has expertise in converting their instant chats into long-term customers. It stands out with its omnichannel capabilities, providing real-time chats across messenger, Whatsapp, SMS, websites, and more.
Userlike works like a classic chat tool if the agents are available online. However, if they are not active, it works like a messenger app, where you leave behind an email address, with your message, and the agents get notified.
It provides advanced CRM chat features for its customers. With Userlike, you can search and filter for customers, view comparative analytics, and post customer ratings. This allows the sales team to get a better understanding of who they are talking to and how to solve the pain point.
It provides an intuitive menu that allows the client to quickly choose the department they want to chat with for live results. Its chat transcripts help provide faster issue resolution to avoid repeat questions. Plus, Userlike allows you to deliver a unique branded experience using its highly customizable design elements.
Key Features of Userlike:
- Custom Design – Customize color, main text, the chat bubble operator, and contact to deliver a branded experience to clients.
- Smart Customer Profile – Deliver more personalized sales and support service using a customer profile based on the user’s public information.
- Sticky Chat – This rule allows you to see clients you have interacted with before to solidify customer relationships.
Pros of Userlike:
- Integrates with other chatbots.
- Send leads efficiently to your CRM and convert them into regular customers.
- Get pre and post-chat surveys, chat ratings, and feedback from the customer to gauge operator performance.
- Allows you to convert missed opportunities by proactively reaching clients to resolve their queries.
- The widget router feature helps you to understand client chat history and behavior to direct them to the most suitable operator.
- Provide on-page guidance to clients for more engaging support.
Provides a Free plan that comes with some basic features. Its paid plans start from $29 per month and range up to $299 per month.
Best Marketing Solution with Live Chat Support.
Intercom is a customer messaging platform for marketing, sales, and support teams. Over 30,000 businesses use Intercom including Atlassian, Y Combinator, and Shopify.
Its chat integration website offers a modern user interface that provides typing indicators, smooth navigation, plus the ability to send GIFs and emojis. Intercom allows you to easily customize your messages for branding across Android, iOS, and the web.
It offers seamless collaboration between sales teams and support teams. Moreover, it offers some extra tools like meeting bookings, instant screen sharing, and video or voice calls on mobile applications.
Key Features of Intercom:
- Sales & Marketing Bots – It offers two separate bots for marketing and sales that work round the clock to offer customer support and book meetings.
- Rich Customer Profile – This allows you to perform better customer engagement by leveraging in-depth information on users and their chat histories.
- Conversation Routing – Assign support requests and sales inquiries to the right individuals and teams.
Pros of Intercom:
- It also offers smooth integration with over 100 apps, including Salesforce and Marketo.
- Excellent tools and chat experience for support agents.
- Monitor customer acquisition ROI by Intercom’s impact on leads, pipeline, opportunities, and successful deals.
- Get data on response time, user volume, and SLA targets to optimize resource management of teams.
- Customize chatbots and connect them with your tech stack without writing a single line of code.
Its paid plans start from $39 and range up to $999 per month.
Now let’s cover the basics.
What is Live Chat Software?
As businesses move to the digital space, customer service and experience are becoming essential. With so many players now in the industry, it’s not easy to stand out and create a space in customers’ minds about your brand.
This is where the best online chat software for websites comes into play. Live help chat software allows businesses to cater to customer needs around the clock. It also seamlessly addresses their needs in real-time. Today, it’s one of the top ways to improve customer satisfaction in the digital marketplace.
The best chat software for business helps you to create a personalized experience for your customers. Moreover, It allows them to drive sales and create meaningful brand loyalty.
Hence, many businesses are now using web chat solutions for websites to bridge the gap between customer service and needs. Plus, more businesses are starting conversations with existing customers, returning customers, and first-time visitors.
What Should You Look For in Live Chat Software?
1. Multi-Platform Compatibility
Today your audience will engage with you from all sorts of devices to browse the internet, including tablets, PCs, laptops, mobile phones, and so forth. As a result, a live chat service that provides multi-platform compatibility is highly desirable.
Apart from these, it should include other essential features like file transfers, queue time display, and offline forms.
2. Third-party Integrations
Third-party app integrations solve real-time business problems that occur in live chats.
3. Pre-Made Responses
Canned responses take a chunk of the load off the shoulders as they offer curated solutions to repetitive and common queries.
4. Reporting & Analytics
With analytics, you can track details like conversion tracking, chat histories, average time spent on chats, visitor details, and more. It is a crucial aspect of your business strategy to identify and make the required changes.
5. Smart Triggers
It is important that identify, engage, and follow up with frequent visitors to your website. This will provide a greater chance of converting them into customers.
Best Web Chat Software – Final Conclusion
All of these live customer support software offers some unique features that might align best with your requirements. Proactive chat software is crucial nowadays to meet your customer needs faster.
Make sure you research and study which live chat program is a fit for your business in the long run. If you are on a low budget you can always try on a free live chat solution like HubSpot which also comes with a free CRM tool.
Which of these live chat tools do you like? Are there any missing from the list? Let me know your feedback below.
More from Smashitbuck: Check out our other articles on the Best Ecommerce platforms, Time management skills, and gaming cryptocurrencies to read this year.