Nowadays attracting key talent for the company has not only become very important but also very challenging. High-performance companies are relying on HR Software that can solve this exact problem in the most efficient manner.
The idea is to automate and streamline various processes involved in human resources operations through technology. This eliminates the need for manual checks and reduces the time to process important documents.
Once set in place it puts the company at a strategic advantage to hire key talents faster than its other competitors. However, every industry vertical has different HR requirements and staffing structures. Therefore, selecting the best HR software for business will depend upon multiple factors.
So in this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best HR Software based on its features, pricing, integrations, support, contract management, and more to make your decision a bit easy.
So now let’s get started.
What is the Best HR Software to use?
Here is my list of the best HR Software to use this year.
Zenefits mostly has all the HR tools that make managing your people easy. It helps to make streamlined onboarding, easy PTO, tracking to org charts, performance reviews, and so much more.
Zenefits also simplify the work of humans and provides significant benefits. With Zenefits, paying your people is the simplest and fastest. Some clicks and you’re done. Not only that but its online payroll software comprises advanced features your company needs as it grows larger and more complex.
So basically, Zenefits serves to be a complete HR platform that can save most of your time by connecting HR, benefits, Payroll, and Scheduling in one software. This ensures that less time is spent on low-priority tasks thus allowing the team to focus more on important things.
- Hiring and onboarding: We have been able to complete new hire onboarding in under 10 minutes
- Employee management: It increases cross-functional communication and company efficiency with a dynamic org chart, finishing with contact information the employees have selected to share.
- Time off tracking: PTO is calculated automatically, so employees don’t have to waste time counting their vacation time of the employees.
- Business Intelligence: Keep an eye on the health of your organization through an advanced business intelligence platform.
- Documentation Management: All the employees’ documents are auto-generated and secured within Zenefit’s records management systems. It also updates and categorizes your HR documents.
- It is an affordable payroll platform, especially for small companies.
- It offers free trials. Therefore, you check if it is a good fit for you or not before buying.
- It is very user-friendly and it also includes automated tasks.
- It helps you integrate all HR functions under one platform
- Easy to use and navigate for employees, managers, and administrators
Zenefits provides three pricing plans namely Zen, Growth, and Essentials starting with $21/month per employee. The pricing of all three is mentioned below:
- Zen $21/ month per employee
- Growth $14/ month per employee
- Essentials $8/ month per employee
BambooHR is a solution targeted toward small- and medium-sized companies that have developed spreadsheets. Employee information is centralized at a single location which makes it easier for HR to find required employee information.
It gathers and assembles all the information you need throughout an employee’s entire life cycle in the company. Advanced features such as people analytics, onboarding processing, compensation, and benefits management are effective for companies. The tool gives you all that you need to manage all your staff effectively.
Recruiters can use the applicant tracking system (ATS) that’s integrated with existing BambooHR software. Through it, they can access resumes and LinkedIn profiles of candidates, as well as post jobs and share candidates’ applications with hiring managers.
- Benefits and payroll administration: Best for medium to large companies who need premium products and advanced features.
- Centralized employee database: Single and secure/reliable database with robust engaging reports
- Mobile app and web-based: Modern, mobile-ready applicant tracking
- Global capabilities: Latest tools for measuring engagement.
- BambooHR can connect to cloud services to store working hours information on the web. The information is easily accessible once the platform has been connected to the cloud and the security parameters have been configured so that only a certain group of selected people can review them.
- It also integrates with CRM services so that a contact management system can be used to reach employees more quickly to ensure the smooth functioning of work and deliveries.
- This HR software has an outstanding application for tracking the activity of our employees, which we use to review their progress and any mistake they make and correct them well in advance.
BambooHR uses a pay-per-employee per-month pricing model. It starts at $6.19 per employee per month for the Essentials package whereas $8.25 per employee per month for the Advantage package. The prices can be discounted, according to the company size. Clients can electively add on the performance management or time tracking modules, at a further price.
Namely is all you need if you are a mid-sized company(50 -1000 employees) and are looking for something to lower the HR burden to turn them towards more effective work. It is a complete software covering up all the HR needs by listing down all the employee information, keeping track of their payrolls, banking information, leaves, and many more things. All of this information is stored in each employee’s profile which makes it easy to view all the details in one place.
As an HR you can make plans, add and remove employees and keep track of your plan smoothly. Furthermore, You can also see employees’ performances and therefore can decide who needs more attention or who needs to be changed. This way you can increase productivity and employee engagement through Namely.
Namely has its look and feel much like social media where all the employees can post, comment, and interact with each other making it easy to adapt. Moreover, it is cloud-based. Therefore, do not worry about version updates and accessibility.
- Analytics Dashboard: Probably the best feature of Namely is Dashboard. It represents all the data in various graphical formats. Therefore, you can get quick insights on topics like salary, headcount, and others.
- Digital Signature: Namely allows you to digitally sign any document through your digital signature.
- Tasks and document management: This lets you assign tasks to everyone and keep track of it along with all the documents.
- Time off requests: The employees can directly request breaks through Namely and HR can approve or deny it.
- Schedule: Schedule meetings, track time, and task reporting can also be done with Namely.
- It contains a chatbot that makes it easy to start with Namely and explore it as soon as you land on Namely.
- You can keep easy track of Payrolls and all the employee payouts.
- Namely is a cloud-based service therefore, there will not be any issue with updates or accessibility.
- Plus, if you are stuck anywhere it provides good customer support and they also have a blog that covers all the primary issues.
- It has a Dashboard that can give you a quick overview of what’s going on in the company by looking at a few graphs.
Namely provides a client’s specific quotation. The pricing depends on the services that you choose and the number of employees.
4. Cezanne HR
Cezanne is a UK-based modern cloud HR system that will transform your entire HR functioning. It has all the required features for an HR system to function. Plus, they provide constant support to smoothly shift from traditional HR management to HR software.
It frees you from repetitive tasks and empowers you to work on other things and increases productivity. You can track everyone’s leaves and therefore manage accordingly to ensure smooth functioning in the company.
The benefit of Cezanne is that it is available globally in over 120 countries making it easy for you to work with your international clients. Cezanne is one of the most exclusive HR software including all the key requirements of HR management including security and being cloud-based. This makes it convenient for more users to shit to Cezanne from the traditional HR systems.
- Absence management: This helps you to automatically calculate leaves, sickness tracking, time-offs, and much more.
- e-signatures: It helps you to digitally sign the documents resulting in a faster process.
- Timesheets: These timesheets are a great way to keep track of all the employee’s time and work. Furthermore, you can track everyone’s work and even reject the timesheets if it is vague.
- Security: you can keep all the sensitive data safe with Cenzanne’s security systems that include single sign-on, encryption, advanced passwords, and others.
- Multi-lingual: Cenzaane HR software has expert language translations at no extra cost. Therefore, you can even use it with your international customer base and manage a global workforce.
- This is an all-in-one HR system including all the key features you need for your HR system.
- You can get quick insights from all the up-to-date reports on all the work that’s going on in the company through graphical representations.
- Language translations make it very much effective to work with international clients at no extra cost.
- It provides you with advanced security that can store all your sensitive data with protections like encryption.
- It also posts blogs and news articles to help you learn and keep you updated with new advancements in the market.
Cezanne HR software works on subscription bases arrears. Its pricing starts from 200 pounds to over 2000 pounds per month depending on the modules chosen. Plus, it also depends on the number of employees you add to Cezanne. This fee covers everything that you need in your HR software.
So now let’s cover the basics.
Why you should use HR Software?
HR software is an online web-based application that manages and facilitates organizations’ daily human resource processes and tasks. Moreover, it brings automation to redundant manual tasks eating the productivity of your human resources.
Apart from automating time-consuming and labor-intensive tasks it also manages complex offer structures and benefits passed to various types of employees.
What Features should you look for in HR Software?
Here are some of the important features that you should consider while looking for HR Software for your business.
HR Software should leave a good impression on the new hires by automating the onboarding process in a seamless way. Moreover, it should streamline better coordination among different departments on the new employee recruitment.
Also, it should process new employee data such as employee records, contracts, verification documents, visa processing, and more.
2. Shift Planning and Scheduling
It is very important that the software schedules the work of different departments to ensure adequate employee coverage over the workweek. Additionally, it should maintain the level of productivity in case of fewer or shortage of staff.
Moreover, it should accurately calculate overtime and business rules and policies automatically for the processes.
3. Recruitment Automation
The HR software should automate the messiest and most time-consuming tasks involved in the recruitment process of a new employee. Without this capability, other features won’t matter much in improving HR performance.
Recruitment automation tasks include automating candidate shortlisting, interview invitations, applicant status tracking, interview feedback, employee record generation, and more.
4. Employee Exit
Employee exits in an organization can be painful and time-consuming as same as the onboarding process. Therefore, the HR software should automate the exit processes and get insights from the exit interviews.
Additionally, it should also address employee dissatisfaction to reduce future turnover for the organization.
5. Performance Management
Eliminating biased scoring patterns and human errors is a priority for any organization looking to maximize performance. Therefore, HR Software must prioritize performance appraisals to employees and managers based on their collected objective scores and feedback.
Additionally, it should make it easier and faster to report team performance to key stakeholders for better redressal.
6. Leave Management
A leave management system by HR software saves a lot of time for employees and managers which they can use productively. Therefore, digital authorization of leave online will speed up the process for all parties.
7. Administration Benefits
Every organization offers various perks and benefits to their employees to retain and encourage them. However, managing changing benefits and perks can be a complicated complex task.
Therefore, the software package should inculcate custom administration benefits that vary on employee enrollment type and offering plans.
Best HR Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best HR software you can use for your business. I will keep updating the list with other good HR Software tools available in the market.
Finally, choosing the best HR Software for your business will depend on your business requirements and HR processes. However, make sure you go through and research all the available options to get the best-suited software for your business.
Remember, that it’s the people that drive the success of the business so you cannot go wrong on this.
Which HR software are you planning to use? Let me know in the comment section below.