Check before you bite, even if it is bread or a stone. Thus, it is important to check or evaluate any piece of text with an efficient tool before it is used or sent. If you don’t use a grammar checker, then definitely the correctness and quality of the content cannot be assured. A grammar checker is a software or a tool that is preloaded with the right spellings, grammar, and sentence structure, and so on.
Furthermore, the grammar checker not only helps in detecting punctuations but also prompts you when there is no proper utilization of the sentence structure. This makes the sentence compact and easier to understand, thus removing the unnecessary words. Additionally, it also suggests proper synonyms that can make your task easier and structured.
Moreover, an ideal grammar checker guarantees that your content is free from every single grammatical error. It’s like a filter for grammar check in a very short time. By this, you get the opportunity to build up your writing aptitudes. After using the grammar checker tool, if you focus on the clarifications and recommendations, it helps you gain from the errors made before. Eventually, you will learn to figure out how to improve your writing in long run.
Therefore, your article can be changed from plain to refined thus providing valuable descriptors and modifiers. With a grammar checker, you are most likely to express your ideas in the most suitable words and sentences composed correctly. Now how to know which grammar checker is suitable for your work or business can be a challenging task.
So to help you make the right decision, I have reviewed and ranked the best grammar checkers based on their ease of use, readability methods, features, AI, plagiarism checkers, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the best grammar checker?
Here is my list of the best grammar checker to use this year.
Best Grammar Checker For Professionals and Students (Starts from $30 per month)
Grammarly provides an AI-powered applications to help people communicate more effectively. Millions of users rely on Grammarly every day to make their messages, documents, and social media post clear, mistake-free, and impactful. It is the best grammar checker for professionals and students. Grammarly has two versions- free and premium. The premium one starts from $30 per month.
Grammarly not only corrects the spellings and punctuations but also makes the text clear and easy to understand. Grammarly works context-specific to help with grammar, spelling, usage, wordiness, tone, and even plagiarism. Not only it prompts you when a mistake but also explains the reasoning behind each suggestion, so it can easy for you to decide about whether, and how to correct any issue.
- useful free version: Free version of Grammarly checks grammar and spelling without any restrictions.
- More than spellings: Checks punctuations, grammar, context, and sentence structure.
- Plagiarism checker: Plagiarism detector is also available which checks over 16 billion web pages.
- Vocabulary enhancement: Apart from checking for grammatical errors, the grammar checker also gives suggestions to improve the vocabulary.
- Real-time grammar correcting: It makes checking and editing your work faster. Instead of writing everything out and then clicking the “check spelling and grammar” button, you’ll know right when you make a mistake that you have, in fact, made an error.
- Highly accurate: This grammar software doesn’t make a whole lot of mistakes having high overall accuracy.
- Reasoning/explanation is easy to understand: Grammarly doesn’t just tell you when something is wrong but also goes a step further with explanations so you can learn and improve.
- Customization: It allows you to select your preferred language, turn it off on certain websites, as well as add new words you use often to the dictionary.
- Very simple to use: All you have to do is install the plugin or browser extension and you are good to go!
Grammarly has a free version that provides a grammar and spelling checker that is good to go with for someone who just needs a grammar checker. For more advanced features like vocabulary enhancement, plagiarism checker, and others you need to take the premium version. Grammarly’s premium versions cost $30 monthly, $60 quarterly, and $140 annually.
Best AI Writing Software (Starts from $8/month)
Linguix is recognized as the best AI-powered writing assistant that does more than checking grammatical errors. It is a writing tool that is specially created to upgrade user’s writing standards and intensify overall writing in all aspects. In Linguix, users are instantly prompted of grammatical mistakes in their texts. Furthermore, they provide multiple options for correction based on more than 2,000 rules on context.
Aside from grammar checking, Linguix provides alternative synonyms and phrases as well as spelling corrections, eliminating the occurrence of poor phrases, sentence structure, and typos. Linguix’s AI tracks and stores the tendencies of its users and provides contextual recommendations. This helps writers to analyze the problems in their writing and enables them to improve on their writing thus avoiding inaccuracies.
- Grammar and style checker: It is an overall grammar and style checker. It keeps track of your writing styles and suggests your edit accordingly.
- AI-powered patterns: It functions on the basis of an AI-powered pattern as a result of which you get the perfect suggestions for your content which is error-free also.
- 9M typos database: It has 9M typos recorded in its database. Therefore, identifies any typo that you make and suggest accordingly.
- Chrome browser extension: It is available as a chrome browser extension that enables you to write your content grammar-free even while browsing or working online.
- Context-Appropriate recommendations: As we know it is powered by AI, you are provided with recommendations that are appropriate to you.
- Multiple use-cases: Linguix can be used for any purpose and industry, for writing a flawless piece of content, whether for personal, professional, and academic purposes.
- Best for Blogs: It is a great tool for those who want to start their own blogs, publish essays, make witty posts on social media, and write convincing personal opinions.
- Professionally used: Linguix helps in writing at the top level, thus professional writers who are looking to maintain their streak of professionally drafted articles or authors who want to ensure that their write-up is free of typos and other errors can opt for Linguix.
- Free: A basic free version is available which can be used as a spelling and grammar checker.
Linguix’s free version checks grammar and spelling. Meanwhile, it has a premium version with more features and pricing tiered according to subscription length. Linguix’s premium version costs $19 per month, $35 quarterly, and $60 yearly.
Suitable Option to Work With Multiple Languages (Starts from $20 per month)
Ginger isn’t recognized to be the most well-liked English grammar checker, but it sticks out with affordable pricing, various functionality, and language learning features. The browser extension, desktop program, and mobile app make up most places where you have written. Ginger also helps keep your text mistake-free and makes it super easy to read. It is the most competitive grammar checker in 2022.
Ginger helps you with correcting all types of grammar mistakes, improve your writing skills, and helps you translate to over 50 languages. Moreover, it speeds up your editing with features like sentence rephrase, text reader, and conceptual synonyms.
- Multi-lingual: It is available in around 50 different languages for users to choose from and translate.
- Suggestions: Highlighting repetitions and giving you synonyms that fit the context.
- Word reduction: Reducing wordy or hard-to-read sentences and showing ways to shorten them.
- Fragment detection: Detecting and completing fragmented sentences.
- Error track: Keeps track of writing errors that frequently occur and provides you with personalized practices to help improve your writing.
- All-in-one tool: Ginger is an all-one tool that has a high style checker and synonyms suggestions included apart from grammar checker.
- Personal English trainer: They offer a personal English trainer for your practices and to polish your skills.
- Free version: Provides Comprehensive free version.
- Multi-lingual: Ginger provides translation service over 50 languages
- Sentence rephraser: Ginger includes a sentence rephraser that automatically improves clarity and readability.
- Real-time checker: It checks your content as you write the text.
Ginger’s price often has a fall promotion with $15 per month with a monthly subscription, $6.24 per month, billed as an annual $74.88 payment. $5 per month, billed as a two-year $119.76 subscription.
They frequently come up with discount campaigns, so it’s wiser to keep an eye on the site if you plan on a longer subscription. Moreover, first-time buyers get a 100% money-back guarantee for seven days.
So now, let’s cover the basics.
What is Grammar Checker?
A grammar checker evaluates a piece of text which is selected or typed in the section on which the grammar checker works. It prompts the user when there is any grammatical error, a spelling mistake, or any improper sentence structure. Some of the grammar checkers are efficient and give suggestions on the spot to correct the inappropriate text.
A grammar checker is the most efficient and time-saving tool for students as well as professionals to eliminate most of the inaccuracies and aim to parse the sentence into a form that matches grammar. Using various rules, the program can then detect your content’s various errors.
Different grammar checker tools provide different features like spell check and punctuation check, paraphrase, evaluate and find unnecessary words, suggesting synonyms and much more. Basically, it polishes the draft and makes it flawless and easiest to read and understand.
What features should you look for in a grammar checker?
Most features of your grammar checker include accurate checking of grammatical errors, typos, consistency of the text, incorrectly used phrases, wordy sentences, providing synonyms for frequently used words. Additionally, a grammar checker must also have an extensive dictionary of most words in their full meanings. Context-based grammar checking is a crucial part of any grammar checker tool.
1. Translation capability
Translation capability refers to transforming enormous text from one language to another as required by the user. Using it you can almost make any language free of grammatical errors. Therefore, this is a unique feature that your grammar checker should have especially if you are someone who writes content in multiple languages.
2. Document statistics
There are grammar checkers that not only checks the grammar but also perform readability testing and provide statistical information about your text. Such grammar checkers utilize a combination of rules and statistical methods. This can help your content be grammar-proof and be free from any readability-related errors in documents as well.
3. Typo corrections
The first and foremost feature a grammar checker should have is to correct typos and make them accurate by eliminating all the typing errors found in the text. Generally, when we try to type fast, we end up with a lot of typos without even noticing them. Therefore, a grammar checker that identifies these typos and provides suggestions accordingly is very useful.
4. Third-Party Integrations
A browser extension that can integrate with your other software is a game-changer. It saves a lot of time and effort also. Therefore, a grammar checker with third-party integration is helpful indirectly working on various applications quickly and do a grammar check on them.
5. Extensive compatibility
Another much-required thing to keep in mind while searching for a grammar checker is that it should be extensively compatible. This means that you should be able to use it irrespective of the OS you are using. There are some grammar checkers available with browser extensions and compatible with iOS and Android also. Grammarly is one of them.
6. Overall score feature
Your performance score tells you how accurate your document is. This is a great feature for a grammar checker. The accuracy level of your document is based on the total word count and the number and types of writing errors detected. Furthermore, if your content is free of grammatical errors, this score would be helpful for you to identify if your document needs improvement apart from the grammatical errors or not.
7. PDF Compatibility
When it comes to saving the final work, a grammar checker compatible with pdf is an essential feature. This feature makes your task much easier by eliminating the process of converting the documents to non-editable formats. Through it, you can quickly share your content in pdf with your colleagues/clients.
Best Grammar Checker- Final Summary
This wraps up my list of the best grammar checker. I will keep updating the list with other grammar-checking tools available in the market.
Nowadays, as almost all our work goes digital, grammar is a very important part to communicate with someone on digital mediums. Sometimes a small grammatical error might even change the meaning of the sentence resulting in deplorable actions. Therefore, a Grammar checker is an important tool that might be required by everyone.
Note that no tool can meet all the requirements of a writer. However, you need to think about your writing needs and expertise to choose the right tool.
Above were my top preferred grammar checkers. Among them, Grammarly is the most popular grammar checker and enables you to improve your writing through proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and better word choices or selecting synonyms that make the tone of your content the way you want it to be.
Which grammar checker tool are you planning to use on this list. Let me know in the comments below.