EDI software is a tool that allows you to establish secure connection between two or more remote desktops. It is kind of database software that allows you to transfer and translate different format data among businesses.
Unlike a traditional ERP Software, it is simply responsible for secure and reliable transmission of information among various organizations through business utilities.
In this guide, I have ranked and reviewed the best EDI software based on their pricing, features, technical support, data exchange speed, security, and more.
So now let’s get started.
What is the Best EDI Software?
Here is my list for the best EDI software for your business to use this year.
1. SPS Commerce Fulfillment
SPS Commerce Fulfillment can help you make your business fully EDI compliant in just few days. You don’t need to be an expert or hire one to get started with SPS Commerce Fulfillment. It is a platform that help you keep your business organised.
Using SPS Commerce Fulfillment, you can keep all your data and documents in one place, eliminated the frequent data entry errors and also reduce the labour costs. Plus, its up-to-date connections ensures if the data is mapped correctly.
SPS Commerce Fulfillment provides you with all the pre-built EDI integration solutions for your ERP, WMS, accounting and more. Some of the EDI integration solutions are Microsoft, Oracle, Sage, SAP and many more. Incase if you don’t find the business you are looking for, they can even built it for you.
- Works with everyone: SPS Commerce Fulfillment works with any retailer, distributor, marketplace or anyone that uses an EDI. It will add them to your account with their EDI account.
- Auto-fill: You will save a lot of time with their auto-fill feature while filling multiple forms with redundant informations.
- Order notifications: you are notified as soon as you receive an order.
- Pre-built EDI integrations: SPS Commerce Fulfillment provides pre-built EDI integrations for al most all the businesses out there.
- It has recently launched a new carrier service which is helpful in order fulfilment apart from just being an EDI service.
- The support is immensely helpful through phone, mail and chat.
- provides clear instructions for every order and retailer.
- It is easy to adapt and also reduces labour cost.
- Can build a business integration for you if you don’t find the business you are looking for.
Their pricing is available on request.
2. TrueCommerce EDI
TrueCommerce enables you to connect your business across the supply chain. It can help you with EDI, order fulfillments and any other thing required for your business. Especially, the TrueCommerce EDI can help you improve your supply chain performance.
TrueCommerce EDI integrates with your business system eliminating the manual data entry work, paper documentation and makes it much faster to onboard new trading partners. You can effortlessly share all the work and documents between all the trading partners in a go.
Being industry’s most accredited, TrueCommerce EDI provides powerful integrations with all of the top accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) including Microsoft, Oracle, Sage, SAP, and others.
Apart from all these it provides trouble-free order processing including the staging of POs. TrueCommerce EDI has got you covered in all the ways and helps you expand you business in every direction. Their motto being “Do business in every direction”.
- Powerful integrations: It offers powerful integrations with various accounting and ERP systems, making it easy for your business to shift to a EDI platform.
- PO staging: It also includes PO staging and your entire order processing.
- Provides multiple services: It provides all the required services for your business apart from EDI.
- It is cloud based. Therefore, it’s easily accessible from any of your devices.
- Integrates with al most all the top accounting and ERP systems.
- The support centre is very much helpful. It provides you documentations and other online measures but is also quickly available on phone in case of need.
Their pricing is available on request.
3. Cleo Integration Cloud
Cleo is a software company providing you business-to-business (B2B), cloud integration, embedded integration and much more. Moreover, it has Real-Time dashboards and actionable insights. It also has ground and private could connectivity with a rich integration environment. Furthermore, that integration is automated which makes it a lot easier and faster.
In addition, with CIC connectors and packaged cloud, it carries out API-based integration. Furthermore, it helps in connecting your ecosystem with protocols such as AS2, FTPs, HTTP, SFTP, email, and others to set up secure connections to your ecosystem.
Additionally, Cleo supports any data format that means it is true to any transformation engine for the most difficult integration requirements. Not only this but it also uncovers actionable insights, enables data-driven decisions through real-time alerts, notifications, and acknowledgements.
- Expand Sales Channels: It quickly designs, configures, and orchestrate integrations with popular applications and marketplaces with 50+ out-of-the-box connectors.
- Accelerate Time-to-Business: It defines, configures, and on boards trading partners with 900+ pre-defined business connections & profiles.
- Automate Integrations: Cleo organises dynamically and integrate data flows to any cloud or on-premise location.
- With Cleo, you can gain real-time insights for better decision making.
- You can reduce the total cost of ownership by cutting down the fees from outsourced providers with a predictable commercial model and deploy in your cloud.
- Cleo makes you stay ahead of the business by allowing easy management of runtime changes such as map tweaks, certificate management updates, or changes to the application endpoint.
- Cleo resolves issues faster by identifying rejected transactions and resend immediately or recover them with only a single click.
Their pricing is available on request.
Jitterbit is an integration platform that is provided through the cloud. It performs data transformation by translating complex datasets and backend systems into formats that can be interpreted by applications.
It allows businesses to make faster, simpler decisions by enabling them to unify and exploit data from all sources. Jitterbit can even build whole new API’s if the application is just using a database to store data and you allow to access it. This built-in functionality allows Jitterbit to solve many errors, which a normal ETL tool would not.
Jitterbit gets hold of B2B and E-commerce integration company eBridge solutions. It easily connects SaaS, cloud and on-premises applications. Moreover, it rapidly creates new APIs from any existing enterprise application or data and combines them with external APIs to launch innovative new solutions.
- Data Security: It allows users to secure access to data and provide additional support for security purposes like IP whitelisting, attack mitigation, and data encryption.
- Scalability: Expands functionality while maintaining balanced loads. Serves growing demand without reducing functionality.
- Gateway: Provides a dashboard for users to manage, govern, and secure their API.
- Orchestration: It allows administrators to make APIs that utilise multiple backend resources and databases.
- Jitterbit provides high-performance parallel processing algorithms that allow you to transfer large amounts of data easily. This algorithm can single-handedly take projects faster from months to weeks or even days.
- It has also come up with Data Cleansing and Smart Reconstruction Tools that reduce the inconvenience in cleaning and adjusting data between systems.
- Jitterbit has also created a concept of dashboards and alerts allowing you to monitor and check through your integrations for problems and correct them before they become costly. And if any error occurs, it is notified instantly.
Jitterbit offers three pricing plans for their service.
- Standard Plan – Quote based
- Profeesional Plan – Quote based
- Enterprise Plan – Quote based
So now let’s cover the basics.
What is EDI Software?
EDI or Electronic Data Interchange consists of multiple protocols that assist organizations with document exchange across multiple computers. This ensures a secure connection of information transfer between your business partners, clients, suppliers, and other stakeholder channels.
An EDI software is designed to work as a electronic data interchanging platform that communicates this form of information transmission across businesses. Moreover, it allows companies to share valuable information such as invoices and purchase orders, emails, shipping details, and more.
There are various types of EDI solutions that includes SFTP, FTP, EDI via VAN, EDI via FTP/VPN, direct/point-to-point EDI, and more. EDI enhances paperless transaction of information and reduce your VAN (value added network) dependencies for businesses.
Additionally, EDI platform provides benefits such as decreased manual errors, enhanced visibility, increased ROI, workflow management, and more.
What Features Do You Need in EDI Software?
Here are some of the standard features that you should look for in a EDI software.
1. All EDI Protocol Support
EDI protocols is a language that two system speak when communicating with each other. These standard protocols include SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, OFTP, FTP, and more.
Therefore, to support data exchange among two systems they should understand the requested protocol. Hence, the EDI platform should support all communication protocol as possible for maximum outreach for business.
2. EDI Standard Compatible
There are EDI standard for exchanging any document format or content among businesses. These include US-based ANSI ASC X12 (X12), EDIFACT, Tradacoms, and more. Additionally, there are other industry-specific EDI standards like the PEPPOL and RosettaNet.
Therefore, ensure your EDI solution is compatible with the necessary standards required for your business.
3. Data Analysis
Your EDI platform should provide real-time data analysis on all the elements involved in supply chain. Addtionally, it should provide financial health of the business based on current trend and insights.
This helps you in making precise decisions based on the forecasts and insights. Therefore, a good EDI software should curate a personalized customer experience for business based on raw data.
4. EDI Translation and Mapping
Best EDI platforms are capable of delivering on-point document mapping and translation facility. Moreover, it provides translation and mapping functions to automate flow of data among businesses.
5. Third Party Integration Tools
An ideal EDI platform should provide integration of multiple trading apps and partners. This includes supply chain mangement, warehouse management systems, accounts, ERP tools, and more.
Therefore, seamless integration of all applications in the EDI software is necessary to increase productivity further.
6. Multiple EDI Document Support
EDI should support multiple document types for quotation requests, acknowledgment, shipment orders, remittance advice, and more. This allows you to exchange invoices and payments across different business sectors seamlessly.
Therefore, choose a EDI system that supports all these forms of document processes and data exchange.
7. Easy Onboarding
The right EDI software should provide predefined templates for easy onboarding process. This will allow small businesses to quickly expand their business by faster onboarding of trading partners.
Therefore, the EDI software should simplify uploading of information quickly and seamless onboarding of trading partners.
Best EDI Software – Final Summary
This wraps up my list for the best EDI software to use this year. I will keep updating the list with other good EDI software available in the market.
Remember the best EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) platforms are designed to primarily share and exchange data among multiple systems. Therefore, choose a EDI platform that can translate and transfer multiple formats of documents quickly and reliably among businesses.
There are EDI software for all business needs, including small and medium sized businesses. However, it will all come down to your specifications and features that align with your business requirements.
Which one of these EDI solutions are you planning to use? Let me know in the comment section below.