CMMS software is a modern AI-based system used to modernize organizations’ maintenance operations.
CMMS is a computerized maintenance management system and assists businesses in everything from determining which equipment needs maintenance to spare parts that are needed for the warehouse.
A CMMS helps you with the following things:
- Asset Tracking, budgeting, and purchasing
- Scheduling and organizing work orders.
- Getting a full view of all parts, KPIs, maintenance scheduling, and costs.
- Equipment data management.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Allows monitoring of inventory control and inventory management.
To make your decision easier, I have reviewed and ranked the best CMMS software based on performance, implementation timelines, support, integrations, pricing, features, ease of use, and more.
So let’s get started.
What is the Best CMMS Software?
Here are my top picks for the best CMMS software to use this year.
1. Hippo CMMS
Best overall CMMS software (Starts $39 per month).
Hippo CMMS is a user-friendly maintenance tool that offers preventive maintenance, inventory, third-party vendors, and modules management.
Additionally, it’s very efficient in keeping your data updated in real-time and makes it accessible from anywhere. Plus, this feature allows you to address issues very quickly.
Furthermore, there’s an offline mode that lets you work in offline mode at remote locations. You can also upload pictures and add tasks to commission work.
Hippo CMMS offers six primary services:
- Facility Management – Offers all the necessary tools to keep the functioning up and running efficiently.
- Vendor Management – Send purchase orders automatically and streamline vendor communication.
- Work Order Management – Track and delegate the work order and ensure that everything gets closed out efficiently.
- Parts and Inventory – It lets you set and maintain min and max levels and assists you to deliver the right parts at the right time and price.
- Preventive Maintenance – Track and schedule the entire maintenance program to catch minor issues and avoid them beforehand.
- Equipment Maintenance – Track your equipment and assets and make data-driven decisions regarding replacement or repair.
Finally, you get maintenance reports to determine where is your budget going and inspect your work and its associated cost.
Key Features of Hippo CMMS
- Work order Management – Share and define work order tasks with the maintenance team. You can even use the mobile app to complete, update, submit, and assign all the work orders.
- Asset Management – Track assets present in the system to analyze an asset’s history, such as maintenance costs, PM record, downtime, and repairs.
- Reporting Tools – Allows admins to create reports under multiple categories, including maintenance history. You can send and schedule automated reports via email.
Pros of Hippo CMMS
- Access to training resources.
- Maintains repair and maintenance histories.
- Auto-generate bar codes or QR codes for equipment and assets.
- Schedule both calendar-based and meter-based preventative maintenance tasks.
- Allows you to store information such as warranty information, ID tags, and O&M manuals.
- Offers a single network to track parts, supplies, and other consumables in real-time.
- Interactive floor and site plans.
Hippo CMMS offers three pricing plans. Hippo CMMS also offers a price calculator that lets you estimate the pricing based on your requirements.
- Starter Hippo : Starting at $39 per month
- Plus Hippo : Starting at $69 per month
- Pro Hippo: Starting at $99 per month
Best for real-time asset tracking (Starts at $8.33 per user).
MaintainX is a web-based CMMS solution that lets you track reactive and preventive maintenance. Plus, it controls regular operations like quality or safety audits along with operating checklists through a digital audit trail.
Additionally, the CMMS system allows you to create and combine custom procedures, track downtime of assets in real-time, and track inventory or cost after every order. It also offers integrated team scheduling and digital audit trail features to manage maintenance efficiently.
MaintainX extensive reporting helps you compare and gather performances across different sites and teams. Additionally, it determines which asset requires capital allocation and brings your attention accordingly.
MaintainX lets you create customized templates, including checklists. Moreover, you can upload procedures, photos, and other documents to provide detailed insights to your team.
The CMMS software is available based on a specific industry, including education, retail, and restaurant, hospitality, manufacturing, etc.
Key Features of MaintainX
- Monitor Compliance – It helps record all the historical data on the cloud to monitor and meet compliance.
- Corrective Actions – Discovers a problem straight away and helps you create a new order or assign tasks to fix the issue.
- Employee Efficiency – Monitor the performance of staff in real-time and identify top performers.
Pros of MaintainX
- Available on a mobile app.
- Highlight bottlenecks in the organization.
- It’s compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Compare performance across teams and sites.
- Asset downtime helps you calculate which asset requires more priority.
- MaintainX helps you increase organizational awareness.
- Increases the asset lifecycle by reducing maintenance costs
MaintainX provides four pricing plans:
- Basic: $0 (for small teams)
- Essential: $8.33 per user, per month
- Premium: $32.50 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $115 per user, per month
Best for importing CSV files into the CMMS system (Starts $40 per month).
Fiix is a cloud-based CMMS software that assists you in maintaining and tracking buildings, inventory, vehicles, equipment, among others. Additionally, it connects tools, data, and teams under a single dashboard to boost asset performance.
Moreover, You can import the existing maintenance data through CSV or Excel files into the system. Furthermore, you can import equipment maintenance data via mobile devices.
Fiix also provides a ‘Parts Forecaster’ that helps you predict and analyze data of parts that you might require for upcoming work.
Other customer service related features include the ability to manage the full lifecycle of assets, technician self-service, and more.
Key Features of Fiix
- Fiix App Exchange – Provides a pre-built IIoT integration to assist you in capturing real-time data from PLCs and other industrial devices.
- Extensive Integrations – Streamline workflows by connecting via messaging apps or email. You can also collect real-time data from PLCs, HMIs, sensors, and more.
- Fiix Foresight – An AI-Engine that helps you analyze data to explore trends and identify areas for improvement in maintenance.
Pros of Fiix
- Plan, schedule, and start work based on timezones.
- Put similar assets in custom categories.
- Organize tasks, inventory, purchases, users, and assets by location.
- Attach, customize, and create barcodes and QR codes to parts, assets, and work orders.
- Provides drag and drop equipment to build an asset tree or list by creating an asset hierarchy
Fiix offers four pricing plans:
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
- Professional: $60 for one user, per month
- Basic: $40 for one user, per month
- Free: Free for up to 3 users
Now let’s cover the basics.
What is CMMS Software?
CMMS stands for a computerized maintenance management system and is quite similar to (EAM) enterprise asset management software in some ways. However, the only difference in CMMS Software tools is it’s more focused on maintenance operations. While EAM systems focus on a more comprehensive approach.
CMMS assists in asset-intensive businesses plan, track, optimize, and measure maintenance operations. Further, it helps you optimize the utilization and availability of physical assets, including communications, plant infrastructure, vehicles, machines, and more.
CMMS leverages a data-first model. It organizes the assets’ maintenance data along with the equipment, materials, and other resources.
CMMS platforms are majorly used in hospitals, transportation, power generation, construction, manufacturing plants, and other industries that need huge physical infrastructure to function.
What Features to Look Out For in CMMS Software?
Here are a few essential CMMS features that you must look out for:
- Labor and Resource Management – It should be able to track available equipment and employees. Plus, make sure it’s able to assign specific tasks and assemble teams by organizing shifts and managing pay rates.
- Reporting Dashboard – The best CMMS Dashboard will provide brief reports of multiple maintenance categories, including supplier assessments, material and labor costs, asset availability, materials usage, etc. It should also be able to analyze information to understand MRO inventory optimization, performance trends, and other information to make data-driven business decisions.
- Facilities Management – Your CMMS software should give you a 360-degree view of operations to your maintenance professionals. Additionally, your management tool needs to make maintenance connections very seamless right from fleet management to meter readings.
- Preventive Maintenance – An ideal CMMS platform automates the initiation of work order depending on triggered events, time, or usage. Moreover, it should organize and associate assets across multiple orders, along with scheduling preventive work orders.
- Inventory Management – Your CMMS tool should help you avoid high-cost inventory purchases of an essential item running out at the last minute. Additionally, it should also help you manage suppliers, automate re-supply, and track inventory costs.
- Work Order Management – It should manage and store information like remedy codes, order type, cause, work order number, description, priority, and personnel assigned.
- Asset Registry – Asset registry is essential since it helps you share, store, and access information on associated documentation, downtime stats, location, assets, etc.
Best CMMS Software – Final Summary
That covers the best CMMS software of 2021. I will keep updating the list with other relevant software available in the market. Also, make sure CMMS software can help you bring efficiency and agility to your maintenance department. It’s essential to understand your CMMS challenges and business requirements to pick the right option.
Go through all the key features and pros carefully to make an informed decision.
Which of these CMMS platforms are you planning to use? Let me know in the comment section below.